Sylvia Young Full Time School, Does anyone not get accepted?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

willywonka
BRIT Award

Sylvia Young Full Time School, Does anyone not get accepted?

Post by willywonka »

Asking for a friend at my DS school. She want to go to SY. She goes there on a Thursday evening for Drama. She has never worked professionally, never been on stage or done any form of performing publically. She does not have an agent. She really wants to go to SY full time. She has been gven an audition date. Her parents have gotten her a singing and dance tutor and they are really worried about the audition.
Has anyone ever heard of anyone not getting through and getting turned down for the school? She is not applying for a scholarship.
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Re: Sylvia Young Full Time School, Does anyone not get accepted?

Post by Upinlights »

My dd went to SY full time. At her audition, there were several that didn't get offered places. Although, they are looking for potential, not the finished product.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: Sylvia Young Full Time School, Does anyone not get accepted?

Post by jasmine2 »

my dd was a full timer a few years ago, after being a Saturday student. They most certainly do not take everybody who auditions, but they look for potential rather than the finished product. They don't always offer auditions either, so they must see potential in your friend. Just tell them to be themselves and enjoy it xxx :D :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......