Gold card to Urdang?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Gold card to Urdang?

Post by Hilltop »

Hello, just wondering if anyone can help explain something to me. An older girl in my DD’s dance school has received a ‘gold card to Urdang,’ according to her social media - what does this mean?

Thanks in advance.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Gold card to Urdang?

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

I could be wrong but I think some from summer school, pre-audition course etc are given a gold card which means they get a free audition for the diploma/degree course. That’s just what I’ve gathered from this website but I’m sure there’s someone on here who can confirm or deny this.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi
My understanding is that if you are given a Gold card it takes you straight through to the 2nd round of auditions. I think it means you are guaranteed a place on either Degree, Diploma or Foundation . Again can't be sure tho !
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Yes, its usually a free audition. It means that a member of their staff has spotted you at a workshop etc and is interested in you but is no guarantee of a place (a weakness not other wise visible could become apparent at full audition for example)
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Girls given the Gold card on the week-long pre-audition course, which DD did a year ago, went straight through to the recall stage - ie missed the first audition. DD said they were all fantastic - and would have been seen over a whole week. A girl given one on their recent Open Day got a free audition but goes in at the first stage. That makes sense as she was only seen for a short while in one day. Also a really good performer/dancer. Either way it's really good news and well done to them all :D
2littledancers
BRIT Award

Post by 2littledancers »

Like previously said a 'gold card' is given at events like Summer schools, girls/boys day, CYD etc by a member of the Urdang facility . This could be that that member see's something in their particular genre that appeals to them and they offer a free audition. They attends all rounds of audition like everyone else . We are aware of some recipients that unfortunatley got a straight no , so there are no guarantee's out there
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Gold card is a cert given entitling the student to a free audition . They are given out at summer schools etc to very talented dancers . It’s for the first round of auditions and not to put you through to the second round . We have one here but don’t think that screenshots can be posted