CDMT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

38ta
GRAMMY Award

CDMT

Post by 38ta »

Hi there can anyone provide any details of what happens on a cdmt day for both kids & parents. This year there is no showcase and the day finishes at 4.30. Do parents stay for the duration or come & go? Any information gratefully received.
Thanks
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Re: CDMT

Post by amo185 »

I'm hoping you get an answer 38ta as we're going for the first time and are wondering what exactly is in store too! x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

We are going too and tickets sold out very early last year but sales seem slower this year.
There are workshops they can attend, hopefully more details will be emailed nearer the time
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

You get given timetables, one for the student and one for the parent.

So the student’s day might be

Singing Workshop with x College
Audition Seminar with Y College
Watch an open class/rehearsal
Lunch
Time to go round the marketplace and pick up info/talk to college reps
MT Dance workshop with Z College

The Parents Day might be

Seminar on funding
Watch an open class/rehearsal
Lunch
Seminar on auditions
Time to go round the marketplace
q & A session

Our lunchtimes didn’t co-inside so we only met our dd briefly for 15 min overlap at lunchtime. I gave feedback about that but I don’t know if they changed it.
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Thanks- that’s really helpful. Do you get the timetable in advance or on the day. Thanks again
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

We got it on the day but this was 3 years ago.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

At what age is best to go to this? My DD is in Year 9 and we’re looking to go down the 6th form btech/degree route. Thanks.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

We went in year 10 but dd was applying for places age 16 as she was already at vocational lower school. We felt that Year 11 was leaving it too late as she already needed to have applied to several places by then. There was a Year 9 girl from her school there.

So if your dd isn't applying until age 18 then I would say probably Year 12 would be a good time as things do change. for example one college talked at length about housing benefit which isn't applicable now with Universal Credit in most areas.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

Ah, thanks for that. We’ll wait a few years then. Is it worth attending Move It next year do you think?
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

I was on the brink of ordering tickets for us to take our daughter. She's in yr12 and through her college is already going to attend Create your future and Move It (which is part of a residential trip her college is doing). I've read through the colleges attending CDMT and I'm not sure it's worth it for us. The huge majority of colleges attending daughter wouldn't/couldn't apply for. Some are very dance orientated whereas it's daughter's weakest threat. Alra, Arts Ed and MV we've already told her she can't apply due to the amount of top up needed for tuition fees of their degrees and we're towards he top end of income scale of any Dada awarded and some colleges attending only have this route as funding.

Should I just leave it considering she's already going to the other places with college or is there something she'd benefit from there?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I think you should mainly so we can have a coffee :D
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

I am going with my daughter who is year 12. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

How was the day for those who went? We had tickets but couldn’t go due to rehearsals but just seen my nephew was there representing Elmhurst ](*,) Was it useful?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

It was really good. Our first time,we meant to go last year and couldn't make it. Great info from all attending colleges,so good to see students performing. Laine was superb. My daughter found it really useful, very much enjoyed Performers open class ,so much so she now wants to audition.
I liked how parents had chance to find out about funding,life after drama school,applying and auditions.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Great to hear feedback lotsolaffs-will definitely try and go next year.