CDMT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

amo185
GRAMMY Award

Re: CDMT

Post by amo185 »

I agree that it was a super conference - groups are small and well organised and we liked having plenty of time for the market place where the colleges were represented by staff in pivotal positions (eg Deputy Principal or Head of Musical Theatre) as well as a student or two. Seminars were very informative (again led by people who knew what they were talking about), good representation of a typical class by various colleges (liked seeing our teacher have a bit of a go at his group for not doing it as well as they could!) and our girls enjoyed each of their own classes. Not like Moveit at all - nothing to buy and less of a commercial market feel. I learned loads and was able to get all my questions as a parent answered. It confirmed to my dd where she really wants to audition and which back up colleges she'd try for next year. It did though make me realise how tough this all is and how prepared you need to be before auditioning. Kids need to know what they want as every college is different. So do the research and visit too. They also discussed what happens after college.
Had no real idea what to expect but highly recommend the day :)
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

We really enjoyed it and bonus my daughter won a set of musical theatre books!
Last edited by Dancemum1973 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

My DD got a 50% reduction for an Easter course, one friend got £50 Amazon Vouchers and the other a day with D and B College. The icing on the cake! :D Now typing up my notes ...
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Mine was thrilled with a £50 dance clothing voucher. Definitely worth going!