Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tess50
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Tess50 »

My daughter is starting Performers in Sept and we have been looking for months but a house went up on Spare Room recently and it is currently being re-furbished and it will be taking 6 students and it's done through an estate agent so I have her name down there - my daughter has posted numerous times on the freshers page but never gets any responses from anyone except to say they are sorted so don't give up - as she's only turned 17 and doesn't drive I want her as near the college too to save on travel costs as well so this house is about a 20 min walk and there is a 2nd house going to be right beside it with 5 rooms so it's on spare room the house with the 6 doubles if you email them there might be some rooms left - they are going to send me pictures/virtual video when it's ready and I've found the estate agent very good
Peggyo
Nominee

Post by Peggyo »

Tess50 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:34 pm My daughter is starting Performers in Sept and we have been looking for months but a house went up on Spare Room recently and it is currently being re-furbished and it will be taking 6 students and it's done through an estate agent so I have her name down there - my daughter has posted numerous times on the freshers page but never gets any responses from anyone except to say they are sorted so don't give up - as she's only turned 17 and doesn't drive I want her as near the college too to save on travel costs as well so this house is about a 20 min walk and there is a 2nd house going to be right beside it with 5 rooms so it's on spare room the house with the 6 doubles if you email them there might be some rooms left - they are going to send me pictures/virtual video when it's ready and I've found the estate agent very good
That sounds great I will look in spare room, thanks 😊
Peggyo
Nominee

Post by Peggyo »

Tess50 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:34 pm My daughter is starting Performers in Sept and we have been looking for months but a house went up on Spare Room recently and it is currently being re-furbished and it will be taking 6 students and it's done through an estate agent so I have her name down there - my daughter has posted numerous times on the freshers page but never gets any responses from anyone except to say they are sorted so don't give up - as she's only turned 17 and doesn't drive I want her as near the college too to save on travel costs as well so this house is about a 20 min walk and there is a 2nd house going to be right beside it with 5 rooms so it's on spare room the house with the 6 doubles if you email them there might be some rooms left - they are going to send me pictures/virtual video when it's ready and I've found the estate agent very good
I think I have found the 6 bedroom one, are the price £625? I have messaged about the one yesterday waiting for a reply 😁 if it’s not that one could you let me know the estate agent please TIA
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Yes that's the one - message them quickly as I think there are a few who have contacted them about this house
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Does anyone know of people still holding several places or are places pretty much set now? Found out roughly where my dd is on bird lists this morning and wonder how much movement there may still be.
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

I'd say a few might still be holding places but I'd say the majority have made a decision at this stage - I know my daughter and all her friends have decided on their colleges at this stage - one of her acquaintances heard they got a Dada from Bird this morning and she only auditioned during lockdown via video link so things are still moving there.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Tess50 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:25 pm I'd say a few might still be holding places but I'd say the majority have made a decision at this stage - I know my daughter and all her friends have decided on their colleges at this stage - one of her acquaintances heard they got a Dada from Bird this morning and she only auditioned during lockdown via video link so things are still moving there.
Ah was that off the reserve list or straight from audition? My dd is on the reserve for a dada place too and is she taking it?
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

No don't think it was straight from audition -- so must have been the reserve list - hope you get some good news soon
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Tess50 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 pm No don't think it was straight from audition -- so must have been the reserve list - hope you get some good news soon
Ah. Are they taking it?
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Yes they are
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

I am wondering if a lot of people may be hanging on to more than one offer to see which colleges go back and in what form in sept. I know some have suggested a mix of zoom and hopefully socially distanced, smaller groups. This may mean we get some news on what can happen in sept people give up other places?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am I am wondering if a lot of people may be hanging on to more than one offer to see which colleges go back and in what form in sept. I know some have suggested a mix of zoom and hopefully socially distanced, smaller groups. This may mean we get some news on what can happen in sept people give up other places?
People can't usually hold on to offers for that long. There usually comes a point around A level day that offers have to be accepted or rejected. There is often a lot of movement around that date because of the UCAS requirements for accepting courses
Good luck and fingers crossed
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Munchpot wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am I am wondering if a lot of people may be hanging on to more than one offer to see which colleges go back and in what form in sept. I know some have suggested a mix of zoom and hopefully socially distanced, smaller groups. This may mean we get some news on what can happen in sept people give up other places?
People can't usually hold on to offers for that long. There usually comes a point around A level day that offers have to be accepted or rejected. There is often a lot of movement around that date because of the UCAS requirements for accepting courses
Good luck and fingers crossed
Sorry I didn't mean in sept I mean when colleges announce what they are doing in sept. Fingers crossed we get some news soon
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

Good evening everybody! I hope all your lovelies are a little closer to realising their dreams today. What a wait! DD has made her final decision and it's going to be the Pre-voc at Performers. I so can't wait to do all this again next year! \:D/
The Performers Pre-voc uniform list could be generously described as 'comprehensive'. I was hoping somebody here could tell me what we actually need?!
For example, will she be sent home with the quite expensive and very lovely, almost brand new leather tap shoes because they are split sole ones?
I imagine ballet is what is is, but is there any need to buy both the Jazz leo's when later in the list 'various tops and leo's' are mentioned?
Please send help!
x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Duncemum wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:09 pm Good evening everybody! I hope all your lovelies are a little closer to realising their dreams today. What a wait! DD has made her final decision and it's going to be the Pre-voc at Performers. I so can't wait to do all this again next year! \:D/
The Performers Pre-voc uniform list could be generously described as 'comprehensive'. I was hoping somebody here could tell me what we actually need?!
For example, will she be sent home with the quite expensive and very lovely, almost brand new leather tap shoes because they are split sole ones?
I imagine ballet is what is is, but is there any need to buy both the Jazz leo's when later in the list 'various tops and leo's' are mentioned?
Please send help!
x
My dd has just finished Performers Pre-Voc and no, don’t buy too much! She didn’t buy tap shoes through them, already had her own, she bought leotards off previous students but after the first month they didn’t wear them again and just wore normal leotards, she also never used the knee pads or the stirrup tights/leggings so don’t bother with them! Dd said all you need to buy is maybe one jazz leotard (so it doesn’t matter if she stops wearing it), one ballet and then she did get her ballet shoes and tights from there but they are just standard tights/canvas ballet shoes. Unless anything has changed Performers are quite laid back in most lessons re colours/styles etc, the only thing that is quite strict is ballet. My dd is a size 8 so if you want any second hand jazz leotards let me know 😂😂😂.