Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Freya2000
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Freya2000 »

Does anyone have any information about Wilkes auditions please? My daughter sent an application form at the end of feb and so far all she's heard from them is that they received the application. Does anyone know if they're accepting video auditions?
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Freya2000 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does anyone have any information about Wilkes auditions please? My daughter sent an application form at the end of feb and so far all she's heard from them is that they received the application. Does anyone know if they're accepting video auditions?
My dd applied in early Feb and hasn’t received any contact apart from an acknowledgement of her application . We’ve sent several emails and the phone rings out . I’m actually quite annoyed now as this cannot be blamed on Covid 19
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x
Ah fab, must be so nice to have made the decision! Dd is pretty certain she’ll be off to Wilkes and I’m sure she’d love to be in touch with yours, will PM when she’s fully decided x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Mammamia wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Freya2000 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does anyone have any information about Wilkes auditions please? My daughter sent an application form at the end of feb and so far all she's heard from them is that they received the application. Does anyone know if they're accepting video auditions?
My dd applied in early Feb and hasn’t received any contact apart from an acknowledgement of her application . We’ve sent several emails and the phone rings out . I’m actually quite annoyed now as this cannot be blamed on Covid 19
My daughter had an email today as she’s been offered a place, slightly different I know but it did say no one was in the office anymore, you could ring but the messages would only be picked up once a week so to email if you needed a quick reply. Dd has friends on her pre-voc course whose audition hasn’t happened yet and she’s sure they originally said they would still go ahead but have since told them it will now be video auditions and an email will come out telling them what to send, as far as she’s aware they haven’t had this yet so sounds like they’re still catching up on things x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

go for it wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Annabel1 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
My daughter is first year degree at Artsed. She receives a maintenance loan of 8000, and a student loan of 6000, I believe that's the maximum you can get.Well done to your dd, fantastic!
My son is first year degree at ArtsEd too,as far as I know that’s the maximum, but they pretty much all work too, my son teaches at a performing arts school Saturdays and is just about to start with Tesco.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Mammamia wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm
All my emails to them went in their Junk apparently. I also left 4 messages. Someone finally called me last week after my daughter got a letter through for an audition in May.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

My daughter is still waiting for audition from Wilkes too. I spoke to them and they said nothing is being sent out presently due to the situation.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

tracyelwell wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 pm My daughter is still waiting for audition from Wilkes too. I spoke to them and they said nothing is being sent out presently due to the situation.
We got an email today about video auditions despite me emailing 4 times and calling 3 times to cancel it.
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

Dd and I both feeling very grateful that she decided to audition early, she’s only had to do one video for her LIPA recall as all the rest were done by this situation. Good luck to all having to submit videos now, can imagine how frustrating it is.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Hi all, just wondering how you are all doing? Are all your DC's home and making use of all your food, hot water and Disney+?
I love having mine home , she has kept herself entertained enough and has been keeping fit but very worried that she won't be going back.
Are yours thinking they have finished their training?
I am very grateful that she auditioned early, she has her place at GSA and I feel for those who are waiting to hear .
Good luck to those auditioning by video, there have been lots of successes so I guess it is working well for some.
Lots of love x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am Hi all, just wondering how you are all doing? Are all your DC's home and making use of all your food, hot water and Disney+?
I love having mine home , she has kept herself entertained enough and has been keeping fit but very worried that she won't be going back.
I am very grateful that she auditioned early, she has her place at GSA and I feel for those who are waiting to hear .
Good luck to those auditioning by video, there have been lots of successes so I guess it is working well for some.
Lots of love x
My dd has been told it’s doubtful she’ll be going back but her Pre-Voc course finished at the end of May so I had thought it was doubtful. She’s gutted as she isn’t staying there next year, has decided to move to Wilkes so she won’t dance with most of her friends again. They are doing online classes but it’s not the same, just hoping it all clears up so they can go back to Essex for a week in summer and all meet up again. Sad times but it is what it is, she’s been working at Aldi and as long as they all keep safe I don’t care that it’s finished early. Bonus is we get her home for 6 months, downside is I think September will be a huge wrench and will feel like she’s moved out all over again!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:14 pm
lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am Hi all, just wondering how you are all doing? Are all your DC's home and making use of all your food, hot water and Disney+?
Lots of love x
My dd has been told it’s doubtful she’ll be going back but her Pre-Voc course finished at the end of May so I had thought it was doubtful. She’s gutted as she isn’t staying there next year, has decided to move to Wilkes so she won’t dance with most of her friends again. They are doing online classes but it’s not the same, just hoping it all clears up so they can go back to Essex for a week in summer and all meet up again. Sad times but it is what it is, she’s been working at Aldi and as long as they all keep safe I don’t care that it’s finished early. Bonus is we get her home for 6 months, downside is I think September will be a huge wrench and will feel like she’s moved out all over again!
I think that's what is sad for so many, they like everyone else will miss those last few months.
A good reason for a reunion, mine is still hoping for graduation ball in July but might end up as a reunion ball at this rate.
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

My dd got an email to say that she’s on the reserve list for Emil Dale’s gap foundation year . She had applied for the degree.
She’s a bit disappointed as she’s had definite offers from all her auditions except Laine and EDA was one of the main ones that she was interested in .
I guess all the colleges are looking for something different .
Does anyone know how many would usually be on a reserve list?
Pizza18
Nominee

Post by Pizza18 »

Did anyone do a recall video for Mountview BA Musical theatre. My DD has not heard anything yet? It was supposed to be interview day last Thursday.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 pm My dd got an email to say that she’s on the reserve list for Emil Dale’s gap foundation year . She had applied for the degree.
She’s a bit disappointed as she’s had definite offers from all her auditions except Laine and EDA was one of the main ones that she was interested in .
I guess all the colleges are looking for something different .
Does anyone know how many would usually be on a reserve list?
So disappointing when they don’t get the offers they really want! We really feel it as parents, not sure about numbers but from last years thread seems lots go onto reserve lists. Good luck with the decision making x