Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by riverdancefan »

Harry2003 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:58 pm OMG! An EDA black box arrived today for my DS. Audition on Monday. What an amazing Christmas present. 6th form BTECH. So so happy for him.
Congratulations! My DS did so well there for 6th form, a true family but very fierce training too!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

So great to hear all the positive news! My DD has her first audition in February. Hoping she gets somewhere! Have a wonderful xmas everyone and a happy new year!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

lotsolaffs wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:16 pm Update on DD recall at Mountview for foundation, recall for BA at GSA and offer for Laine and funding audition. Absolutely delighted for her and my favourite but who am I to have a favourite :D
That’s great news!! Congratulations to your DD, good luck with the recalls and funding auditions!! My DD at Laine on foundation, she’s loved it there and the teaching has been excellent. Her auditions start in February for diploma courses so fingers crossed she’ll continue her training somewhere 🤞👯‍♀️
solitaire
Nominee

Post by solitaire »

Harry2003 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:58 pm OMG! An EDA black box arrived today for my DS. Audition on Monday. What an amazing Christmas present. 6th form BTECH. So so happy for him.
My daughter is at EDA on the BTECH and loves the training she is getting. I remember the day she auditioned and came out very decided that it was the place for her. Well done to your son, I’m sure he will love it there! :D
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

I have just read through everyone's updates and want to say congratulations to everyone so far! My DD has just done her first audition and there is lots of competition out there, so it's fantastic to hear that offers are coming in. My DD got offered a Foundation at EDA this week. She is happy as she felt she mucked up her singing and didn't sing her song as well as she could. She would obviously like a Degree but at least it takes the pressure off a little as she has somewhere to go :D Have a lovely Christmas everyone and here's to more auditions in the New Year!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Thanks to everyone who has congratulated DS, so nice to hear so many positive things about EDA. That is great MTdreams fantastic achievement as so many who don’t anything.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Hurrah for everyone’s good news! And well done Harry2003! Our DS’s will be in same year! If my DS can make a decision that is...lovely to hear so many positive things about EDA.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Thanks proseccoplease. I am sure your son will chose the school that is right for him - if he does end up at EDA then they will be together as DS has accepted and deposit paid! So exciting.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Just catching up on all the posts. Well done to everyone! Super to hear all the great news! DD is currently on the first year 6th form BTEC at EDA - and can't speak more highly of it - the course, the students and the teachers. She's hearing of several EDA success stories regarding diplomas or degrees for 2020 entry, especially boys and is beginning to consider her options for the following year. The CDMT conference gave us a lot of useful information from the horses' mouths including stating that all CDMT colleges offer excellent three year professional training so not to get too upset if you don't get your first choice. After three years you will still be professionally trained. They seemed to be mutually supporting each others' courses. Just watched DS in panto alongside recent graduates from GSA, Mountview, Urdang and Laine. They could all sing, dance and act to a professional standard but came from different training routes. So good luck to everyone with their auditions - and enjoy the journey!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Anyone who has done the Laine auditions it says they don't have to learn a monologue but that a short section of script will be sent, not to learn but to look over before the workshop. We havent recieved anything. Anyone shed any light on this? I have emailed them to ask.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Also any ideas what to wear on feet for acting workshops / monologue solos?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Dancemum1973
I think the script came through quite late,there were a few scenes,nothing too demanding. I imagine that they have a lot of admin to catch up on after the Christmas break. Mine wore slip on shoes and in most auditions so far had plenty of time to get changed.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:35 am Dancemum1973
I think the script came through quite late,there were a few scenes,nothing too demanding. I imagine that they have a lot of admin to catch up on after the Christmas break. Mine wore slip on shoes and in most auditions so far had plenty of time to get changed.
Ah thanks for that. She has some slip on shoes but some of the auditions said 'playful movement' so wondered about something more trainer like.
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 pm Anyone who has done the Laine auditions it says they don't have to learn a monologue but that a short section of script will be sent, not to learn but to look over before the workshop. We havent recieved anything. Anyone shed any light on this? I have emailed them to ask.
We received the short scripts a few days before the audition date and with regard to the singing solo and acting they were told not to get changed and just do it in their leotards and tights and jazz/ballet shoes
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 pm Anyone who has done the Laine auditions it says they don't have to learn a monologue but that a short section of script will be sent, not to learn but to look over before the workshop. We havent recieved anything. Anyone shed any light on this? I have emailed them to ask.
We received the short scripts a few days before the audition date and with regard to the singing solo and acting they were told not to get changed and just do it in their leotards and tights and jazz/ballet shoes
Thanks that's really helpful x