Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Tess50 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 pm That's great to hear - my daughter loved it on her audition day and felt she would be very happy there - as you say they have to go with their heart - my daughter loved Laine and Performers and wasn't as mad on Bird, London Studio and Urdang which at the outset wouldn't have been what she thought so just shows you - unlikely to get funding at Laine so happy to go with Performers and I have to say have found them fantastic - anything you ask they get back to you immediately too which as a parent is great.
They are like a little family and are very good with the students and parents we found. Funny you saying that as last year before auditions my daughter wanted to go to Urdang, then Bird, then Performers, after auditions the order flipped entirely. She did audition at Bird and Urdang again this year but straight away said she didn’t know why she had as they just ‘weren’t her’ at all. Performers and Wilkes are quite similar, both smaller (well Performers was smaller) and my daughter said a lot more welcoming. Your daughter will love it there I’m sure x
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So decision finally made - ArtsEd it is for my DS for next year. Having the joys of searching for accommodation now!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am So decision finally made - ArtsEd it is for my DS for next year. Having the joys of searching for accommodation now!
Congrats, and good luck!
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am So decision finally made - ArtsEd it is for my DS for next year. Having the joys of searching for accommodation now!
Congratulations! We are still holding out with our fingers tightly crossed
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

They are like a little family and are very good with the students and parents we found. Funny you saying that as last year before auditions my daughter wanted to go to Urdang, then Bird, then Performers, after auditions the order flipped entirely. She did audition at Bird and Urdang again this year but straight away said she didn’t know why she had as they just ‘weren’t her’ at all. Performers and Wilkes are quite similar, both smaller (well Performers was smaller) and my daughter said a lot more welcoming. Your daughter will love it there I’m sure x
[/quote]

Mygirlslovemt - do you have any idea when we’ll be hearing from Wilkes in terms of a starter pack or accommodation? My dd is also very excited to be starting their degree in sept and with it almost being June it’s definitely hit that sept is only a few months away!!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

dancingdreams wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am They are like a little family and are very good with the students and parents we found. Funny you saying that as last year before auditions my daughter wanted to go to Urdang, then Bird, then Performers, after auditions the order flipped entirely. She did audition at Bird and Urdang again this year but straight away said she didn’t know why she had as they just ‘weren’t her’ at all. Performers and Wilkes are quite similar, both smaller (well Performers was smaller) and my daughter said a lot more welcoming. Your daughter will love it there I’m sure x
Mygirlslovemt - do you have any idea when we’ll be hearing from Wilkes in terms of a starter pack or accommodation? My dd is also very excited to be starting their degree in sept and with it almost being June it’s definitely hit that sept is only a few months away!!
[/quote]

When I looked on the accommodation website it said that Wilkes contact them May/June with the list of names and then the accommodation company contact us with forms to fill in and they find rooms for us, am wondering if they’ll delay it until they know what’s happening in Sept. Have to say that the accommodation sounds a lot more organised than a lot of other colleges, as long as it works!
Not heard anything about starter pack although there is a girl in the chat who is repeating a year at Wilkes as she is swopping from Diploma to Degree, she seems to give a lot of into out so maybe she could find out? Is your daughter is the chat?
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am
dancingdreams wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am They are like a little family and are very good with the students and parents we found. Funny you saying that as last year before auditions my daughter wanted to go to Urdang, then Bird, then Performers, after auditions the order flipped entirely. She did audition at Bird and Urdang again this year but straight away said she didn’t know why she had as they just ‘weren’t her’ at all. Performers and Wilkes are quite similar, both smaller (well Performers was smaller) and my daughter said a lot more welcoming. Your daughter will love it there I’m sure x
When I looked on the accommodation website it said that Wilkes contact them May/June with the list of names and then the accommodation company contact us with forms to fill in and they find rooms for us, am wondering if they’ll delay it until they know what’s happening in Sept. Have to say that the accommodation sounds a lot more organised than a lot of other colleges, as long as it works!
Not heard anything about starter pack although there is a girl in the chat who is repeating a year at Wilkes as she is swopping from Diploma to Degree, she seems to give a lot of into out so maybe she could find out? Is your daughter is the chat?
[/quote]

Yes dd is in the chat! She’s definitely found out most of her info from said girl and has found it extremely useful as before felt a bit like a step into the unknown as we know no one there.
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

Congrats for your DS. Likewise mine has accepted his offer at ArtsEd however we are still holding out for some form of funding. The feedback from the freshers page apparently is that a lot are holding on until they know what's happening in September with regards to accomodation, however ArtsEd have confirmed to him that in September it will be a mixture of face to face and online classes. Just a little concerned as to how much space an MT student needs for online classes, particularly if they are in a house altogether and all in the same boat. :D
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

dancingdreams wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am
Yes dd is in the chat! She’s definitely found out most of her info from said girl and has found it extremely useful as before felt a bit like a step into the unknown as we know no one there.
[/quote]

Dd is fortunate that her best friend from Performers is also going to Wilkes, along with 2 others, but she was like your daughter last year and they all make friends so fast, think it’s different to normal Uni’s where you can be sharing accommodation with no one on your course, at least ours all start with a common interest. I’ll PM you my daughters details as I’m sure they’ve probably already chatted!
Dancermum70
Nominee

Post by Dancermum70 »

For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

https://www.chi.ac.uk/student-life/supp ... oronavirus
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

Hi would you mind me asking what they are planning to do ? I’m intrigued as my Dd is due to start somewhere in September? Start date has been postponed from 7th to 21st but they will
Update us further in July . So I’m just curios :)
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

LineyK68 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Congrats for your DS. Likewise mine has accepted his offer at ArtsEd however we are still holding out for some form of funding. The feedback from the freshers page apparently is that a lot are holding on until they know what's happening in September with regards to accomodation, however ArtsEd have confirmed to him that in September it will be a mixture of face to face and online classes. Just a little concerned as to how much space an MT student needs for online classes, particularly if they are in a house altogether and all in the same boat. :D
Congratulations! We are still waiting to hear from Arts Ed
Dancermum70
Nominee

Post by Dancermum70 »

Crazytime wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

Hi would you mind me asking what they are planning to do ? I’m intrigued as my Dd is due to start somewhere in September? Start date has been postponed from 7th to 21st but they will
Update us further in July . So I’m just curios :)
[/quote

It says they are planning to start for 1st years as planned on 14th September and are currently looking to do the majority of lectures/classes face to face whilst developing new areas for teaching so they can meet the guidelines. It says practical classes will be taught face to face but with smaller classes.
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

Red wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm
Congrats for your DS. Likewise mine has accepted his offer at ArtsEd however we are still holding out for some form of funding. The feedback from the freshers page apparently is that a lot are holding on until they know what's happening in September with regards to accommodation, however, ArtsEd has confirmed to him that in September it will be a mixture of face to face and online classes. Just a little concerned as to how much space an MT student needs for online classes, particularly if they are in a house altogether and all in the same boat. :D
Oh crickeys that's not good is it, what a long wait. Keeping everything crossed for you.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

LineyK68 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Red wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Congrats for your DS. Likewise mine has accepted his offer at ArtsEd however we are still holding out for some form of funding. The feedback from the freshers page apparently is that a lot are holding on until they know what's happening in September with regards to accommodation, however, ArtsEd has confirmed to him that in September it will be a mixture of face to face and online classes. Just a little concerned as to how much space an MT student needs for online classes, particularly if they are in a house altogether and all in the same boat. :D
Oh crickeys that's not good is it, what a long wait. Keeping everything crossed for you.
Did your dc audition during lockdown?