Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tess50
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Tess50 »

I know that its based on a talent score and then income but those outside of UK are not eligible for living costs and we had to give an indication of our income a couple of months before sending back all the relevant requested documents - my daughters Dada was based on our income from Jan - Dec 2019 as that's our tax year - with regard to the rules changing - the only person who talked about this was Sarah Wilson at Laine when a parent asked the question and she just said they along with everyone else did not know how things/funding would be arranged post Brexit but anyone who got their funding in 2019/2020 would keep their funding for the 3 years so not sure to be honest.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Hi, I’m not sure if anyone is in my situation....
My daughter has been on the pre Voc year at Bird- she has been offered a DADA at Performers which is great (still not heard from Bird) but doesn’t qualify for living costs. We live two hours away by train. I have had a look at various loans so that we can pay rent for her- it’s not a cost we can afford unfortunately. From what I understand you can’t get a student maintenance loan if you have a DADA. Does anyone know of something I’m missing?
I think 4 hours a day travel is too much 😫
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

We have had an email from Bird this morning saying that emails regarding places will be sent out this week
Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Post by Sparkle13 »

Katyben wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pm Hi, I’m not sure if anyone is in my situation....
My daughter has been on the pre Voc year at Bird- she has been offered a DADA at Performers which is great (still not heard from Bird) but doesn’t qualify for living costs. We live two hours away by train. I have had a look at various loans so that we can pay rent for her- it’s not a cost we can afford unfortunately. From what I understand you can’t get a student maintenance loan if you have a DADA. Does anyone know of something I’m missing?
I think 4 hours a day travel is too much 😫
Hi,
Unfortunately that’s right there’s no help with housing costs with a dada unless really low income then it’s still only minimal, the only support is through student loan with degree places, fingers crossed for your dd if you still may be offered a degree place at bird.
Peggyo
Nominee

Post by Peggyo »

Is there anybody else still waiting to hear from Laine about DaDA decisions following the cancellation of the funding audition? TIA
Matt Norris
Nominee

Post by Matt Norris »

Hi
My DD is still waiting to here from Laine too. She auditioned before the lockdown . Dada funding audition for her would of been 4 weeks ago today . Finding the wait very frustrating
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

For those waiting to hear from Laine take it as a positive as those who weren't going to get Dadas or who didn't make the reserve list got an email telling them this just over 2 weeks ago - they are terrible for responding to queries - am waiting a reply over 4 weeks now !
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

My daughter is only 16, will be 17 when she starts so she’s only eligible for the diploma x
Peggyo
Nominee

Post by Peggyo »

Matt Norris wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm Hi
My DD is still waiting to here from Laine too. She auditioned before the lockdown . Dada funding audition for her would of been 4 weeks ago today . Finding the wait very frustrating
Yeah same as us then, keeping everything crossed 🤞🏼
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Red wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:49 pm We have had an email from Bird this morning saying that emails regarding places will be sent out this week
Is that for people on the reserve list?
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Red wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:49 pm We have had an email from Bird this morning saying that emails regarding places will be sent out this week
Yes wondering this too. We havent heard anything.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

We are not on reserve list. My dd auditioned via video during lockdown. We are waiting to hear an outcome of a place
It does say Bird College UCAS update though, so maybe this applies to everyone
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ah ok. There are a lot of people waiting on news of a place off the reserve list too. They said they would start coming when all the audition offers had come out so that shouldn't be too long then either. Good luck for a good result.
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Red wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm
We are not on reserve list. My dd auditioned via video during lockdown. We are waiting to hear an outcome of a place
It does say Bird College UCAS update though, so maybe this applies to everyone
Thanks. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long then for the reserve list to start moving
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Because my daughter was offered a DADA at Performers the deadline for accepting it was today so I had to accept and get the form emailed back. Now I’m worried incase she does get offered one at Bird and she won’t be able to accept as we have already accepted the other one. 😫 this whole thing is a minefield !