Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hewood
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by hewood »

Littleone wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:07 pm Congratulations to your DS Dodgersmum and to your DD Hewood - fantastic results =D> =D> =D> .. and good luck to all doing the audition rounds at the moment !
Thank you :D Hopefully come September 2020 she will have somewhere to train at, she is on reserve at EDA and has one last audition at GSA next year so hopefully fingers crossed she will start a 3 year course otherwise it's the whole audition cycle again :?
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

hewood wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am
go for it wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 pm
hewood wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Thank you that is so helpful. She has three months to polish up her dance at her current college EDA who have brought it on leaps and bounds ... and it's nice to know that she has a chance for a place. Congratulations to your daughter for gaining her place :D

Quick question do you know how many other people were at your daughter's singing recall or friend's dance recall?
As far as I'm aware she was the only one on that day. We know of one other girl on a different day. Not sure about the dance recall.

Good luck to your dd.
Thanks, I am assuming she won't be the only one in a dance recall!!
My daughter thinks the girl on the dance recall auditioned with other dancers auditioning that day
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

OMG! An EDA black box arrived today for my DS. Audition on Monday. What an amazing Christmas present. 6th form BTECH. So so happy for him.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Harry2003 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:58 pm OMG! An EDA black box arrived today for my DS. Audition on Monday. What an amazing Christmas present. 6th form BTECH. So so happy for him.
Fantastic!! Congratulations to your DS!! Fab Christmas present 🎁 x
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

go for it wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:46 pm
hewood wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am
go for it wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 pm

As far as I'm aware she was the only one on that day. We know of one other girl on a different day. Not sure about the dance recall.

Good luck to your dd.
Thanks, I am assuming she won't be the only one in a dance recall!!
My daughter thinks the girl on the dance recall auditioned with other dancers auditioning that day
Okay thank you both
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Harry2003 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:58 pm OMG! An EDA black box arrived today for my DS. Audition on Monday. What an amazing Christmas present. 6th form BTECH. So so happy for him.
Wow that's wonderful Christmas news. He will love EDA it's a fantastic place :D
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Thank you hewood and becmum. He only wanted to go there, when we walked in on Monday he just said ‘I have to come here’. He doesn’t know yet as I am waiting for his dad to come home from work. It’s killing me keeping it in! That’s why I had to tell you guys!!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Congratulations Harry2003.
He will love it !
Happy Christmas!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Update on DD recall at Mountview for foundation, recall for BA at GSA and offer for Laine and funding audition. Absolutely delighted for her and my favourite but who am I to have a favourite :D
Bean1
Nominee

Post by Bean1 »

Bean1 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm
Littleone wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:03 pm Hi Bean1 and MygirlsloveMT ( Sorry have had difficulty with quoting function !)
My Daughter is currently in 1st year of degree at Urdang . I was also quite confused re the funding changes prior to her going. Her student loan covers the £9250 fee and we have not had to pay anything extra as yet . There was an option to buy into a series of extra Masterclasses running throughout the year on some evenings which sounded great but my DD and I felt that she was already busy enough so we didn't opt in to that . My daughter's contact hours are between 25-28 hours a week as the website states and personally I feel that has been quite enough for her . Before Urdang she was at an academic sixth form and the increase in her dance hours has been considerable .... any more and I would worry more about injury etc. She and her friends have also attended external classes of her own choosing at studios such as Base . There are only 2 terms of timetabled classes - the 3rd term which is optional consists of rehearsals for the Summer show which , as far as I am aware doesn't cost anything more . I think there are optional Masterclasses during this time which you do pay for . Have to say I am not completely clear on everything but I will say that, so far my daughter is loving Urdang . There also seems to be a real focus there on 'Wellness' and mental health and also an excellent physio/rehab service - all of which is reassuring for parents !
Hope that helps a bit ! :D
Thanks for this Littleone - that helps a lot. I did wonder if term three was optional. The big issue will be if priority is given to Diploma over Degree students for shows and performance opportunities as there is no way we could afford diploma on its own, but also feel it's a problem if performance opportunity is limited on degree. I'm really glad to hear your daughter is loving it there though. All this decision making is really tricky. We know various ex-students who loved it too, I'm just concerned about the changes. Very glad to hear they take mental health seriously too.
Could you keep us updated about any things you learn as the year progresses. I'd be really grateful. Thanks.
Delighted to say DD has a recall for GSA and an offer of BA at Urdang :D Makes it much more important now to find out exactly how the new Urdang system works, so thank you again for that feedback Littleone. As Urdang is right up there on her list it's taken the pressure off a lot. It's been a long haul as last year was a bit of a wash out due to illness and being hospitalised right through the early audition period, so she is on a high right now knowing she's going to college come what may. 😀
solitaire
Nominee

Post by solitaire »

Hi all,
My DD auditioned for Artsed, was recalled that day and waited until a week later to find out that she is on their ‘reserve list’ for the BA MT course. They’ve asked her to let them know if she gets a firm offer from elsewhere. (She has a recall for Mountview next year and has her GSA audition coming up). Has anyone had experience of being on the reserve list for Artsed or know how it works? My DD is not sure whether she should be excited or not and I don’t want to get her hopes up either. Would be grateful of any advice on this. Many thanks 🙏🏻🤞🎄
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thats fantastic news Bean1 :D Congratulations to your daughter !! ... I will keep you updated with anything I think will be helpful .. as it happens ! :D
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Have just re-read this afternoon's posts - Congratulations to everyone - lovely to have offers/recalls before Christmas :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

lotsolaffs wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:16 pm Update on DD recall at Mountview for foundation, recall for BA at GSA and offer for Laine and funding audition. Absolutely delighted for her and my favourite but who am I to have a favourite :D
Congratulations to your DD
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Wow, done great news all round today. Congratulations everyone. So lovely for them to have such positive news before Christmas and so early on in the audition season.