Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

tracyelwell wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:10 pm Great, just wanted to hear if I can transfer the audition deposit by baca. We watched their videos last night on You Tube and our daughter was amazed. The biggest issue is she is 15 so when she was offered the scholarship audition is was excited it that isn’t for this year so now she will need a scholarship. But she can try
There a number of scholarships (full and part I believe) offered each year. Good Luck with your journey.
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

amo185 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:36 pm Realised that Lotsolaffs DD must be who my DD told me about last night (as she's also at EDA - first year). That is really super news. DD says she's amazingly talented! Huge well done to her! DD is also looking to go for colleges such as GSA Mountview Arts Ed etc along with Laine (or stay at EDA). But all so tough to get into. Really pleased to read all the success stories on here. Well done to everyone! x
Hello all! I’ve been following the forum for a while with interest. I’d be interested to know if EDA 6th form and foundation year students consider the EDA degree as one of their preferential degree choices? With no grad history it’s so difficult to judge from the outside!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

tracyelwell wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 am Thanks, that is what I had heard, they are up and coming and when she brought the certificate for audition scholarship over the parents we were with said they’re excellent’. I contacted them last night and it will be great to hear how your daughter gets on. Good luck 😉
Dd is there today and has messaged me to say she loves it. Said the building is fab, the classes have been amazing and the teachers are all so nice. Most buzzing I’ve ever heard her from an audition so it sounds good! Also only a small audition group of around 30 which is extremely refreshing compared to some colleges!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Duncemum wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:33 am
amo185 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:36 pm Realised that Lotsolaffs DD must be who my DD told me about last night (as she's also at EDA - first year). That is really super news. DD says she's amazingly talented! Huge well done to her! DD is also looking to go for colleges such as GSA Mountview Arts Ed etc along with Laine (or stay at EDA). But all so tough to get into. Really pleased to read all the success stories on here. Well done to everyone! x
Hello all! I’ve been following the forum for a while with interest. I’d be interested to know if EDA 6th form and foundation year students consider the EDA degree as one of their preferential degree choices? With no grad history it’s so difficult to judge from the outside!
With regards to mine she just doesn't want to be at the same place for another 3 years.
She wants to meet new people and have new experiences. I have no knowledge at all of the degree and it's students. There are quite a few who have applied this year to do the degree from 6th form . She has throughly enjoyed her time there but is ready to move on
Pizza18
Nominee

Post by Pizza18 »

Does anyone know if the advanced learner loan might be available for mountview in second and third year? Also DADA finding on government website says the amount students have to contribute to fees rather than how much they get. I am assuming that is based on normal fees of £9,200 rather than Mountview fees of nearly £15,000. Any ideas from anyone else currently receiving a DADA for their children.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Pizza18 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 pm Does anyone know if the advanced learner loan might be available for mountview in second and third year? Also DADA finding on government website says the amount students have to contribute to fees rather than how much they get. I am assuming that is based on normal fees of £9,200 rather than Mountview fees of nearly £15,000. Any ideas from anyone else currently receiving a DADA for their children.
It really is what you pay. Because the DaDA works the other way - they work out your contribution not your discount, if you are lucky enough to get one, then it doesn't really matter what the fees are, you know the amount you owe.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Scarytimes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm
Pizza18 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 pm Does anyone know if the advanced learner loan might be available for mountview in second and third year? Also DADA finding on government website says the amount students have to contribute to fees rather than how much they get. I am assuming that is based on normal fees of £9,200 rather than Mountview fees of nearly £15,000. Any ideas from anyone else currently receiving a DADA for their children.
It really is what you pay. Because the DaDA works the other way - they work out your contribution not your discount, if you are lucky enough to get one, then it doesn't really matter what the fees are, you know the amount you owe.
As far as I know ALL are only available via Italia Conti but I think you have to be 19?
You would only be eligible for £6,000 from SFE as Mountview is classed as a private drama school,so you would need to find the difference. (£9,000) but you would get maintenance loan.
I would love to know anyone who got a DADA at Mountview, I have never heard of anyone getting one!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Anyone else really hating the waiting? I'm not enjoying waiting for results one bit!!!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 pm Anyone else really hating the waiting? I'm not enjoying waiting for results one bit!!!
Yes! Hated it last year and hating it even more this year! DD’s should all come through around the same time next week so just want to fast forward!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:37 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 pm Anyone else really hating the waiting? I'm not enjoying waiting for results one bit!!!
Yes! Hated it last year and hating it even more this year! DD’s should all come through around the same time next week so just want to fast forward!
Certainly worse second time around🙄, still got two auditions to go, march and April...beam me up!!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:37 pm
Yes my dd's too! Waiting on 3 results. And dd is 18 next thursday so would like some good news for her! 😬😬😬
Last edited by Dancemum1973 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

DD did most of her auditions early so has had all her results, but truly hated the waiting. 🤞 for all your DC still waiting, hope it’s not too much longer. And happy birthday for next Thursday 😊
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Yep !! The sigh when the postman comes in unreal lol
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

[As far as I know ALL are only available via Italia Conti but I think you have to be 19?
You would only be eligible for £6,000 from SFE as Mountview is classed as a private drama school,so you would need to find the difference. (£9,000) but you would get maintenance loan.
I would love to know anyone who got a DADA at Mountview, I have never heard of anyone getting one!
[/quote]

My DS went to Mountview and several of his friends there had a DaDa. Some were even awarded during the first term when all the finance details for the recipients was sorted and a few weren't eligible. As you have to be 18 to go, all the rest had student finance. The course is exactly the same. Those on a Dada were awarded the trinity diploma but could also pay around £400 to register and get the degree too. All but one on DS musical theatre course did this. Hope this helps
Jubb
Nominee

Post by Jubb »

My daughter had audition for Italia conti on 18th Feb still not heard , anyone know how long they are taking to get back , also will they email come directly Italia conti ?