Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by lotsolaffs »

Red wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm Does anyone know how many places there are on the full time Arts Ed foundation MT course? Dd has a further interview with a view to a place?
Hi, I think under 20,mine turned down her offer.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:26 pm
Red wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm Does anyone know how many places there are on the full time Arts Ed foundation MT course? Dd has a further interview with a view to a place?
Hi, I think under 20,mine turned down her offer.
Thank you, it’s such a difficult decision. She’s been offered scholarship at Wilkes and places at Laine and Bird but Arts was her dream
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Arts Ed take at least 50 for their musical theatre course - their acting course is at least 30 - it's on their website so I assume their foundation course maybe similar numbers - not 100% sure though.
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Mrspotatohead wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:15 pm
Crazytime wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

https://www.chi.ac.uk/student-life/supp ... oronavirus
Hi would you mind me asking what they are planning to do ? I’m intrigued as my Dd is due to start somewhere in September? Start date has been postponed from 7th to 21st but they will
Update us further in July . So I’m just curios :)
I woud suggest you apply early for Chichester accommodation if your DC is on triple threat. My DC was offered only accommodation at the main halls in Chi. You have to list 6 options in order of preference otherwise you can’t submit the accommodation request which is why they publicise that everyone gets one of their choices!! For most students these main halls are perfect - spitting distance of kfc nandos and weatherspoons by the train station but the tt course is mainly in Bognor 7 miles away which is over an hour commute each way
it is a good mile walk to Chichester university where the shuttle bus is and then bus is anywhere from 20-45mins. My DC did not take place there in the end and chose a London college
A lot to the triple threat students live in Villa Maria in Bognor Regis they have shared apartments and one bedroom studios, its10 mins walk from the Bognor Regis campus, very modern and even has a couple of bike sheds. The Bognor Regis campus has Halls but not many have their own bathrooms. My daughter has lived in Villa Maria since starting in her first year she never went into Halls.
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Re DADA's - does anyone know how long it takes for confirmation to come back that all sorted etc with your Dada - my daughter got her provisional offer from Performers a couple of months ago - we sent all the relevant documentation back etc but have heard nothing since - do the college confirm everything is in order and that all is confirmed ?? We initially got an email to say they received everything and if they needed anything further they would be in touch but didn't hear anything else.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Tess50 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:27 pm Re DADA's - does anyone know how long it takes for confirmation to come back that all sorted etc with your Dada - my daughter got her provisional offer from Performers a couple of months ago - we sent all the relevant documentation back etc but have heard nothing since - do the college confirm everything is in order and that all is confirmed ?? We initially got an email to say they received everything and if they needed anything further they would be in touch but didn't hear anything else.
We haven’t sent ours off yet. Dis you send p60’s or tax credits? I’m waiting for both as haven’t gotten them yet.
The whole thing is making me a nervous wreck 😫
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Yep everything - we're from Ireland so our tax year ends 31st December so our P60's are Jan - Dec but yep absolutely everything sent off pay slips, forms, P60's, documentation whatever they needed - just want it all confirmed really.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

A different college but I received our confirmation of Dada amount on 21st August.
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Oh gosh that's a long wait - didn't think it would take over 5 months
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

We received our final offer this week two days after emailing back the Dada application so every college is different I suppose.
The forms for my our own circumstances were very straight forward to fill out much easier than Mds forms!
If you have a child tax credit award notice it will be really easy to fill out as this is the only evidence you will need.
My child tax credit notice was wrong so I sent a photo copy of our P60's.
Self-employed would need a copy of their self assessment if you have no child tax credit award notice.
It's only used for proof of income, they don't add your actual child tax credit on to your income.
You don't need to send wage slips.
The 'other income' boxes were all straight forward I thought.
It took longer to scan all the paperwork and email it back..a new skill I have learnt during lockdown!
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

I think every college has their own rules - the forms I sent for Laine were different to Performers and Bird and we did have to send pay slips for all of them - none of these colleges looked for a child tax credit award and all wanted P60's.
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

Oh sorry ..you would have thought all Dada forms would be the same wouldn't you?! 🤷 I've never done one before, only an MDS.
Good luck to everyone with all the form filling!
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

Ah no need for sorry it's mad that it's not the same for everywhere - you would think it would be standard across the board.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

My daughter got into Bird! X
Dancermum70
Nominee

Post by Dancermum70 »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:21 pm My daughter got into Bird! X
Congratulations =D> was she on the foundation course at Bird.