Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by sailorgirluae »

LineyK68 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am So decision finally made - ArtsEd it is for my DS for next year. Having the joys of searching for accommodation now!
Congrats for your DS. Likewise mine has accepted his offer at ArtsEd however we are still holding out for some form of funding. The feedback from the freshers page apparently is that a lot are holding on until they know what's happening in September with regards to accomodation, however ArtsEd have confirmed to him that in September it will be a mixture of face to face and online classes. Just a little concerned as to how much space an MT student needs for online classes, particularly if they are in a house altogether and all in the same boat. :D
Yes that is the challenge although as you say Arts have confirmed it will be a mix of both. Finding anything with space in London is a challenge and even more so on a budget. Sadly no additional funding options for us 😔
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

https://www.chi.ac.uk/student-life/supp ... oronavirus
I’ve sent you a private message 😊
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:54 pm
Crazytime wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Dancermum70 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm For those who are going to University of Chichester for the triple threat degree or musical theatre performance degree they have sent out an email today saying how they are planning teaching for September and it all seems very positive.

Hi would you mind me asking what they are planning to do ? I’m intrigued as my Dd is due to start somewhere in September? Start date has been postponed from 7th to 21st but they will
Update us further in July . So I’m just curios :)
[/quote

It says they are planning to start for 1st years as planned on 14th September and are currently looking to do the majority of lectures/classes face to face whilst developing new areas for teaching so they can meet the guidelines. It says practical classes will be taught face to face but with smaller classes.

Thank you :) that’s good news that it won’t be all virtual !
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

daisy1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:26 pm

I’ve sent you a private message 😊
My daughter starts 3rd year on triple threat in Sept and hasn't heard anything yet about the teaching and how it is going to be conducted.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Just to let those waiting to hear from Bird know- I had an email reply on Wednesday to say an email would be sent that week telling students when they will hear about audition outcomes.... that email didn’t come so still waiting 😬 x
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Katyben wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 am Just to let those waiting to hear from Bird know- I had an email reply on Wednesday to say an email would be sent that week telling students when they will hear about audition outcomes.... that email didn’t come so still waiting 😬 x
We got our email later that day? We have had to decline the offer as deadline was today
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Red wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 am
Katyben wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 am Just to let those waiting to hear from Bird know- I had an email reply on Wednesday to say an email would be sent that week telling students when they will hear about audition outcomes.... that email didn’t come so still waiting 😬 x
We got our email later that day? We have had to decline the offer as deadline was today
I think they are waiting on audition news so they don't yet have an offer. Was yours a place you had to decline or accept by friday?
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:31 am
Red wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 am
I think they are waiting on audition news so they don't yet have an offer. Was yours a place you had to decline or accept by friday?
She was offered a place but had to decide by 12 today
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

None of the pre Voc year have been told anything yet which I do think is bad of them x
Mrspotatohead
Nominee

Post by Mrspotatohead »

Hi would you mind me asking what they are planning to do ? I’m intrigued as my Dd is due to start somewhere in September? Start date has been postponed from 7th to 21st but they will
I woud suggest you apply early for Chichester accommodation if your DC is on triple threat. My DC was offered only accommodation at the main halls in Chi. for most students it is perfect - spitting distance of kfc nandos and weatherspoons by the train station but the tt course is mainly in Bognor 7 miles away which is over an hour commute each way
it is a good mile walk to Chichester university where the shuttle bus is and then bus is anywhere from 20-45mins. My DC did not take her Chi TT place in the end .
Mrspotatohead
Nominee

Post by Mrspotatohead »

I woud suggest you apply early for Chichester accommodation if your DC is on triple threat. My DC was offered only accommodation at the main halls in Chi. You have to list 6 options in order of preference otherwise you can’t submit the accommodation request which is why they publicise that everyone gets one of their choices!! For most students these main halls are perfect - spitting distance of kfc nandos and weatherspoons by the train station but the tt course is mainly in Bognor 7 miles away which is over an hour commute each way
it is a good mile walk to Chichester university where the shuttle bus is and then bus is anywhere from 20-45mins. My DC did not take place there in the end and chose a London college
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Katyben wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:13 pm None of the pre Voc year have been told anything yet which I do think is bad of them x
The only thing I would say is to bear with them as they are in the middle of the year 1 and year 2 assessments. All their students then have a week off.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

smallbythesea wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:33 pm
Katyben wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:13 pm None of the pre Voc year have been told anything yet which I do think is bad of them x
The only thing I would say is to bear with them as they are in the middle of the year 1 and year 2 assessments. All their students then have a week off.
I hope they start letting the reserve know after then. The waiting is awful. Especially when my dd doesn't have a firm place that we can afford yet.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:51 pm
smallbythesea wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:33 pm
I hope they start letting the reserve know after then. The waiting is awful. Especially when my dd doesn't have a firm place that we can afford yet.

I feel for you as all the uncertainty is so awful. What has she been offered at the moment?
Dancemum11
Nominee

Post by Dancemum11 »

Hi, my daughter has a place at Performers in Sept which is great but me are really struggling to find accomodation. Any hints or tips would be very welcome