Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

islandofsodor wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 pm My daughter has had a slightly reduced timetable. They are working from 9.30am - 4.00pm with a slightly longer lunch break, rather than 9am - 6pm but it is very intense, a longer day of online classes would be too much. Everything is live with personal corrections, and breakout rooms for students to work on certain things then come back together as a class.

In terms of progress my daughter has found that she isn't missing out. It is the social contact she misses. Some students, are finding their lack of space to dance at home an issue or trying to sing when parents and siblings are also there/possibly working.
Yes can relate to the missing friends part, my daughter is moving to Wilkes in a September and it dawned on her that she’ll never see some of her friends again, including her house mates!
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

Performers waiting list is moving, DD had a degree offer today!
But she's going to go with her Dada offer from Northern Ballet school as it was her first choice and she's looking forward to (hopefully!) living in Manchester with all the students!
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

:mrgreen:
Ib111 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm Performers waiting list is moving, DD had a degree offer today!
But she's going to go with her Dada offer from Northern Ballet school as it was her first choice and she's looking forward to (hopefully!) living in Manchester with all the students!
That’s great news . Congratulations to your dd 🤩
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ib111 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm Performers waiting list is moving, DD had a degree offer today!
Oh that's great news to be sorted!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Great stuff, congratulations 👏
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

Congrats for your dd
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

Thankyou all x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

go for it wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 pm
LineyK68 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 am I must admit this is a question that I keep asking myself at the moment. I'm certain funding will be a lot more difficult to get hold of and not only that do you risk signing up for accommodation which might not be used until next year? ArtsEd have given details of how they see their schooling working in September a mixture of face to face classes with smaller numbers together with online training but I guess that's in an ideal world. I am now questioning whether my DS should look at trying to defer a year and start again next year, but his concern is would he get offers at the same schools next year??? ArtsEd has always been his top choice, so to risk losing that - a tough decision to be made.

If of any help, my daughter is first year degree at Artsed.Since lockdown she has been doing online classes according to the programme that Artsed have put into place. Ive been very impressed. She has very full days and is satisfied with the guidance and support she is getting.Some lessons are live whilst others are pre recorded.Of course nothing is like being there in person but they are doing a great job under these circumstances.
DS has been very impressed with GSA since lockdown. Full timetable of dance, singing and group performing - all virtually of course. Plenty of sessions with industry professionals talking to them about life in the business, tips for self tapes and more. Virtually it is more tiring and can be a challenge finding space to dance or quiet to record singing tapes, but they are doing their best. Very pleased with the pastoral care shown too.
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Great news - well done to your dd =D>
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Congratulations to everyone who has recently received offers . My dd received another offer last week . She wasn’t entitled to apply for a DaDa but received an offer of a scholarship to one college That would cover most of her fees . It came out of the blue and I can’t name the college as they said that it couldn’t be discussed with parents /students or put on social media . She’s not going to take it but it was wonderful to be offered it.
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Mammamia wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 am Congratulations to everyone who has recently received offers . My dd received another offer last week . She wasn’t entitled to apply for a DaDa but received an offer of a scholarship to one college That would cover most of her fees . It came out of the blue and I can’t name the college as they said that it couldn’t be discussed with parents /students or put on social media . She’s not going to take it but it was wonderful to be offered it.
Congratulations! We are still waiting on 3 colleges to come back after sending video auditions. It’s almost a month now and the waiting is awful
Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Post by Sparkle13 »

Mammamia wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 am Congratulations to everyone who has recently received offers . My dd received another offer last week . She wasn’t entitled to apply for a DaDa but received an offer of a scholarship to one college That would cover most of her fees . It came out of the blue and I can’t name the college as they said that it couldn’t be discussed with parents /students or put on social media . She’s not going to take it but it was wonderful to be offered it.
That’s amazing, well done to your dd :D
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

A great achievement nonetheless 😊
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

I share concerns about how Colleges will operate in September. Whilst my DD has a full remote timetable (mixture of live classes with some pre-recorded classes) this is beginning to take it's toll on the wider family. The space available is our kitchen/dining room which means it's pretty much out of bounds for the family during the day (9am-5pm), plus the floor is not ideal to complete full-on dance routines. My DD feels guilty for taking up the space but also guilty if she misses any classes. It's really hard for the Colleges to try to provide training (especially to those paying fees) but there needs to be a balanced approach. I'm dreading this continuing into September, but wonder whether a delay to the academic year might be considered??? If anyone has any tips of surviving the remote training period they will be gratefully received!!!
Red
BRIT Award

Post by Red »

Has anyone heard from colleges recently? We are still waiting after nearly a month