Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:56 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:53 pm Daughter is on waiting list for Bird degree and today has an email from UCAS that Bird has rejected her applicaton. I know from last year that this might just be procedure but you think they would warn you. Anyone else had this? It says that her application is rejected.
Ah checked back and the small print on the reserve list offer says this will happen. Phew!
Phew!! :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:34 am
The video auditions are due end of next week and they are all very specific. A real pain but she finished them all yesterday (not an easy task in the circumstances) so just got to send them all off today. Thanks for all the love and support on here x
Well done to her - so hard to focus at the moment and submit things in a different way too. Will be interesting to see what feedback she gets - hoping for lots of positive responses for her.
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

So glad I came across this website and forum, it's full of loads of really useful information. Out of the blue three years ago my then 16 year old son discovered a passion for MT and this year now aged 19 he is going through the process of auditioning for September 2020 intake. Boy what a roller coaster of emotions it has been! He was lucky enough to have had three face to face auditions prior to lockdown and had offers on the day from all three. This week he had skype auditions for the last two which are his top two choices GSA and ArtsEd just waiting now on the outcome. The more I am reading, the more I am appreciating how fortunate he is to have had three interviews so far and three offers all in the first year of auditioning. Can't wait for him to be in a position to make a choice as to where he wants to go hopefully later this week and then the fun begins. :D
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

LineyK68 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:08 pm So glad I came across this website and forum, it's full of loads of really useful information. Out of the blue three years ago my then 16 year old son discovered a passion for MT and this year now aged 19 he is going through the process of auditioning for September 2020 intake. Boy what a roller coaster of emotions it has been! He was lucky enough to have had three face to face auditions prior to lockdown and had offers on the day from all three. This week he had skype auditions for the last two which are his top two choices GSA and ArtsEd just waiting now on the outcome. The more I am reading, the more I am appreciating how fortunate he is to have had three interviews so far and three offers all in the first year of auditioning. Can't wait for him to be in a position to make a choice as to where he wants to go hopefully later this week and then the fun begins. :D
Congratulations on the offers - I know what it’s like when they have their heart set on certain schools - fingers crossed for the last 2.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Does anyone know if you aren't going to be offered a dada or are on a wait list for a dada do they let you know? Or do you just know you havent had the magical telephone call. This waiting isn't fun. Waiting for Laine or Bodyworks Dada news.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ok so in other news did anyone realise that Urdang and Bodyworks had lost their dada funding??? 😬😬😬 This is not good news. The dada funding list on the gov website has dropped those 2 schools from the list.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:36 pm Ok so in other news did anyone realise that Urdang and Bodyworks had lost their dada funding??? 😬😬😬 This is not good news. The dada funding list on the gov website has dropped those 2 schools from the list.
Wow not seen that! That makes a huge difference to those applying this year 🙄
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

KS dance is now on the gov Dada list for 2020/21..but no mention of it on their website ?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I noticed this on their website a while ago but presumed it meant DADA

' Full-Fee Scholarship (Diploma)
A new full-fee scholarship is available for students aged 16 to 18 years (inclusive) taking the first step on their professional Dance and Musical Theatre training. This approach will ensure that young people with exceptional raw talent, and not just those from very low-income households, will be able to access funding to cover course fees and benefit from the very best professional training.

Students who successfully gain a place on the Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre or Dance will be able to apply for a funding scholarship to cover 100% of the course fees '

Maybe they are offering something new? I did see aswell that they offer Advanced Learner Loans now too.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

There must be lots of people who have Urdang places thinking they could be eligible for dada funding. I imagine this will reduce their numbers drastically.
Rose20
BRIT Award

Post by Rose20 »

Hello,
I know someone who is applying for a Bodywork DADA. Where can they find out about this?
They have been sent the paperwork for it.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Rose20 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 pm Hello,
I know someone who is applying for a Bodywork DADA. Where can they find out about this?
They have been sent the paperwork for it.
We have too. However I have gone back through all the emails they sent and not once was a dada actually mentioned. It just says funding. I had assumed it was a dada. I have emailed them to ask what it does mean. We only sent a one page form back for it. Not full dada forms. I have checked their website and all reference to a dada has been removed. I will update if I hear anything back from them.
Rose20
BRIT Award

Post by Rose20 »

I hope you can all get some funding. Do you or anyone else have any idea why somewhere would lose this?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Rose20 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 pm I hope you can all get some funding. Do you or anyone else have any idea why somewhere would lose this?
I know Tring lost theirs, they had to wait three years until they were eligible again, it was,from what I remember because there were some admin problems, something to do with paperwork.
Perhaps they have decided not to follow the Trinity syllabus and have created their own or worst case scenario, not good enough but I can't see that happening?

Please correct me on any of the above if need be!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Rose20 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 pm I hope you can all get some funding. Do you or anyone else have any idea why somewhere would lose this?
I am not sure. I know Millennium lost theres when they didnt get a good enough ofsted grading and I think Tring lost theres for a while as they hadnt completed the forms in time.
Website for bodyworks says still offering trinity level 6 diploma.