Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by lotsolaffs »

Pizza18 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:11 am Did anyone do a recall video for Mountview BA Musical theatre. My DD has not heard anything yet? It was supposed to be interview day last Thursday.
I do know of three offered BA this week, all were video recalls but don't know when they were done
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

becmum wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 pm
Mammamia wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 pm My dd got an email to say that she’s on the reserve list for Emil Dale’s gap foundation year . She had applied for the degree.
She’s a bit disappointed as she’s had definite offers from all her auditions except Laine and EDA was one of the main ones that she was interested in .
I guess all the colleges are looking for something different .
Does anyone know how many would usually be on a reserve list?

[/quoteSo disappointing when they don’t get the offers they really want! We really feel it as parents, not sure about numbers but from last years thread seems lots go onto reserve lists. Good luck with the decision making x
Thanks Becmum
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Mammamia wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:22 pm
becmum wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 pm
Mammamia wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 pm My dd got an email to say that she’s on the reserve list for Emil Dale’s gap foundation year . She had applied for the degree.
She’s a bit disappointed as she’s had definite offers from all her auditions except Laine and EDA was one of the main ones that she was interested in .
I guess all the colleges are looking for something different .
Does anyone know how many would usually be on a reserve list?

Hi mamma Mia what date was your DD audition supposed to be for EDA please ? my DD did an online one . Submitted few weeks ago but the actual date would have been 7/4 .. so just wondering how long replies are taking

[/quoteSo disappointing when they don’t get the offers they really want! We really feel it as parents, not sure about numbers but from last years thread seems lots go onto reserve lists. Good luck with the decision making x
Thanks Becmum
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

How are we all doing? Strange times currently. We are waiting for funding news from laine and Bodyworks or a degree place off the waiting list from bird. Frustrating to have offers in for dd but not know if she can do any of them. I am imagining it's going to be nearer June by the time we hear anything.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Xxx
Ib111
Nominee

Post by Ib111 »

My dd has a Dada offer from Northern Ballet school in Manchester. We have accepted it as a Dada works out well for us, it was her favourite audition and she could see herself there.
Nbs have emailed all the Dada forms but I haven't filled them out yet as waiting for proof of income and I can't book Unite accommodation yet to confirm that.
She is also on the waiting list for Bird and Performers for the degree and haven't heard from them either.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Ib111 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:00 pm My dd has a Dada offer from Northern Ballet school in Manchester. We have accepted it as a Dada works out well for us, it was her favourite audition and she could see herself there.
Nbs have emailed all the Dada forms but I haven't filled them out yet as waiting for proof of income and I can't book Unite accommodation yet to confirm that.
She is also on the waiting list for Bird and Performers for the degree and haven't heard from them either.
If you contact Performers they should be able to tell you how far up/down your dd is on the reserve list, we were told dd was in the upper tier so likely to get a place but she has confirmed her place at Wilkes and is going there in September instead.
Applied for student loan and won’t husband being self employed I have to say, it is not an easy or straight forward process, still no clue if we’ve filled it out right 😂😂😂.
Good luck to everyone, hopefully the online auditions will speed things up for some and offers will start rolling in soon, the waiting is not good for mental health!
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

I’m not that convinced that the college year will be starting in September . Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I’m speaking from the perspective as a front line health care professional with a lot of experience and education in public health issues.
I know someone working in one of the bigger dance colleges and the plan is to hopefully bring this years 1st, 2nd and 3rd years back in August to complete this years course in order that the 2020-21 year can begin on time .
However ,that’s just a possible plan as no one knows yet what’s really going to happen .
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Mammamia wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:49 pm I’m not that convinced that the college year will be starting in September . Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I’m speaking from the perspective as a front line health care professional with a lot of experience and education in public health issues.
I know someone working in one of the bigger dance colleges and the plan is to hopefully bring this years 1st, 2nd and 3rd years back in August to complete this years course in order that the 2020-21 year can begin on time .
However ,that’s just a possible plan as no one knows yet what’s really going to happen .
Not sure how other colleges are doing it but Performers has a full time online course from tomorrow via zoom so they’re hoping to stay on track.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Mammamia wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:49 pm I’m not that convinced that the college year will be starting in September . Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I’m speaking from the perspective as a front line health care professional with a lot of experience and education in public health issues.
Not sure how other colleges are doing it but Performers has a full time online course from tomorrow via zoom so they’re hoping to stay on track.
Hammond start online with Zoom on Tuesday.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Daughter’s just told me that Wilkes start online tomorrow too, who had heard of zoom before lockdown?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 pm Daughter’s just told me that Wilkes start online tomorrow too, who had heard of zoom before lockdown?
Bird are starting a full online timetable today - there's also rumours of extending the term, but nothing confirmed as of yet
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Laine haven’t done anything yet daughter is in second year and fees need paying again today !
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 pm Daughter’s just told me that Wilkes start online tomorrow too, who had heard of zoom before lockdown?
Yes DS says GSA going to run fully online this term too. I'm amazed how much the performing arts colleges have managed to do in such a short time. Well done to them all!

I had never heard of Zoom either 8)
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

We are still waiting to hear back from Performers (waiting list), on reserve list for Bird and still got 4 more video auditions to do, one of them a recall for Urdang. Stressful doesn't even come into it! Could really do with hearing from Performers to know where we stand with that .
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:14 am We are still waiting to hear back from Performers (waiting list), on reserve list for Bird and still got 4 more video auditions to do, one of them a recall for Urdang. Stressful doesn't even come into it! Could really do with hearing from Performers to know where we stand with that .
Yes it would be good to have something confirmed! X