Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Starting to hear rumours of closures, hope everyone stays safe but selfishly also hope people still manage to get their auditions.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:28 pm Starting to hear rumours of closures, hope everyone stays safe but selfishly also hope people still manage to get their auditions.
Yes same here! All international students being sent home from Laine and diploma been told they can leave now or await further info in the next few days. Those on foundation going in tomorrow to film all solo material as auditions currently at beginning of April so likely to miss a ‘normal’ audition experience . So DD panic mode as worried not done all auditions yet. Just trying to reassure and say that I imagine all establishments will reschedule and perhaps continue auditioning through the summer months. Let’s hope so anyway 🤞
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Urdang closing until 14 April l!! 🙁just on our way to London to bring dd home - has to happen but such awful bad timing because of auditions 😢
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

jasmine0323 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:06 pm Anyone’s dc at Mountview auditions today? Dd recalled to audition for foundation 😊
Ah, congratulations Jasmine! Is that the foundation audition supposed to be happening on March 31st?
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

jasmine0323 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:50 pm Urdang closing until 14 April l!! 🙁just on our way to London to bring dd home - has to happen but such awful bad timing because of auditions 😢
Sorry, saw this after my last post...hopefully some auditions will still be able to happen and if not I’m sure they will rearrange them all. Stay safe everyone.
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

daisy1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:26 pm
jasmine0323 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:06 pm Anyone’s dc at Mountview auditions today? Dd recalled to audition for foundation 😊
Ah, congratulations Jasmine! Is that the foundation audition supposed to be happening on March 31st?
I really don’t know at the moment - I think she was told they would email details on Monday - Really enjoyed the audition day- Really don’t know what will happen now that they all are closing😳🤷‍♀️Sad but necessary
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

It's not just those auditioning this year that are affected either. Third year students have agent showcases and third year shows that are also suffering, plus those already in the industry are having shows pulled and auditions cancelled. I know things will settle eventually but these are grim times. DS is stuck in Helsinki but his show is pulled for a month. He can't come home in case it reopens and he is unable to get back again. I just keep telling myself at least he is healthy but he does feel far away at the moment. I guess everyone is affected and we just have to stay strong for now and realise that eventually things will get back to normal and start up again. In the meantime all we can do is support each other and our DCs.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I feel for those whose agent showcases are in danger. And lets face it, who is going to take on anyone at the moment with the the cruise ships not sailing and the theatres in danger of going dark?
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

islandofsodor wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:26 am I feel for those whose agent showcases are in danger. And lets face it, who is going to take on anyone at the moment with the the cruise ships not sailing and the theatres in danger of going dark?
Me too - it’s the whole industry having a nightmare ☹️
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Anyone on here supposed to be going to the Urdang recall this Sunday? As it has been cancelled due to the closure my dd has now got an option to either send a video in or go to recall on 8th May.... any opinions on which is the best thing to do? I'm a bit concerned that a video audition never really gives a true representation but what happens if 8th May is cancelled nearer the time. Any opinions???
Blondehatter
Nominee

Post by Blondehatter »

My daughter is at Trinity LABAN. She's just heard that it will be closed after tonight until 20th April.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Daughter just told Performers is closing, next week is their last week (full week) of auditions so they were hoping to eek out til then but no such luck. Pre-vocs have been told to do audition videos but not sure what will happen with everyone else. To say she’s gutted is an understatement, now for operation get her home!
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:19 pm Daughter just told Performers is closing, next week is their last week (full week) of auditions so they were hoping to eek out til then but no such luck. Pre-vocs have been told to do audition videos but not sure what will happen with everyone else. To say she’s gutted is an understatement, now for operation get her home!
It’s very scary times for all I think

I totally understand why they are doing it but I do feel for the poor ones that still have auditions left ( like my DD ) have spoken to both and they have said they will still go ahead but that was this morning so who knows after the latest announcement :(
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Crazytime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:19 pm Daughter just told Performers is closing, next week is their last week (full week) of auditions so they were hoping to eek out til then but no such luck. Pre-vocs have been told to do audition videos but not sure what will happen with everyone else. To say she’s gutted is an understatement, now for operation get her home!
It’s very scary times for all I think

I totally understand why they are doing it but I do feel for the poor ones that still have auditions left ( like my DD ) have spoken to both and they have said they will still go ahead but that was this morning so who knows after the latest announcement :(
I know, as if they aren’t stressed enough already. SO SO thankful dd has a degree offer, keep reminding her of this when she’s panicking and telling her some aren’t so fortunate (including her best friend). Will keep everything crossed for everyone x
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

I wonder what will happen with Laine Dada auditions?