Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by daisy1 »

hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm DD is on reserve for Arts Ed and EDA now... Last shot is GSA recall in April
Congrats to your DD, fingers crossed for GSA. My DD on reserve list for Mountview foundation - I guess the waiting will continue for a while yet! ](*,)
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

daisy1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:47 pm
hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm DD is on reserve for Arts Ed and EDA now... Last shot is GSA recall in April
Congrats to your DD, fingers crossed for GSA. My DD on reserve list for Mountview foundation - I guess the waiting will continue for a while yet! ](*,)
Thanks and congrats to your DD too, I highly recommend Foundation courses, the improvements dd has made have been amazing. Yep it's nail-biting stuff!
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

No news from Laine here anyway .
My dds friend was offered a place at Bird today which is great as I thought that they only offered places after their auditions were finished ( apart from boys ) .
Laine was my dds first audition so it’s full on now for the next month or so 🤞🤞
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Fingers crossed for your dd!
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Well done to your dd Hewood - 🤞to getting the one she really wants although they all look really good!! 👌
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Mammamia wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:10 pm No news from Laine here anyway .
My dds friend was offered a place at Bird today which is great as I thought that they only offered places after their auditions were finished ( apart from boys ) .
Yes we know a few been offered Bird. Which hopefully means if they get more than one offer and then reject one there will be movement on the dreaded reserve lists!
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:43 pm
Mammamia wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:10 pm No news from Laine here anyway .
Yes we know a few been offered Bird. Which hopefully means if they get more than one offer and then reject one there will be movement on the dreaded reserve lists!
Ah ok . I don’t know much about Bird but had the impression that they didn’t offer places until they had auditioned all the applicants . I know of two boys who were offered places on the day though .
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Mammamia wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:43 pm
Fingers crossed for your dd!
Thank you x
jasmine0323 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:41 pm
Well done to your dd Hewood - 🤞to getting the one she really wants although they all look really good!! 👌
Thank you they do, so she is frustrated but hopeful! :D
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Oooooh that's a full on load of waiting. Good luck to your dd and your sanity!!
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:37 pm
Sanity gone!!! Lost that in last year's rounds \:D/ Thanks though :D
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 pm
Oh my. I'm so glad for this group. We can all go slightly mad together!
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:01 pm
hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Oh my. I'm so glad for this group. We can all go slightly mad together!
Me too, we will have to do that! And good luck with your daughter's auditions
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

Itsastrangeworld wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm
dancingdreams wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:11 am My daughter has almost finished auditioning and we’re thrilled with the outcome! We went into the process hoping just for something somewhere but she has been offered degree at Wilkes, MT diploma at Conti Barbican, diploma at Tiffany’s and pre-voc at Performers. She also has a recall for LIPA Dance at the end of March. She’s turned down Performers and Tiffany’s and at the moment is fairly set on Wilkes as this was where she loved most out of everywhere. She also loved LIPA so if she manages to get a place she’ll be deciding between LIPA and Wilkes. Does anyone have any experience of either school or any suggestions (also about Conti as this isn’t completely ruled out yet!)??
My DD is currently a second year at Wilkes and has been delighted with her decision to train there (following successful auditions with Urdang, Laines, Bird and Performers). This was absolutely a case of the College choosing her. The teaching faculty and principals are outstanding, and very supportive. My DD wanted to experience working within the industry as part of her training and has had plenty of opportunities to perform (Move it, Panto, Annual Show etc.) My DD was strong in ballet, modern and tap but the commercial, MT, singing and acting training has been fantastic and she now feels a more rounded performer.
If DC want to work hard I believe that can be successful anywhere but when you find somewhere that fits perfectly it makes the hard work far more enjoyable (we all know how tough it can be!). I would highly recommend Wilkes and the progress and success of graduates speaks for itself and continues to improve each year with experience.
Hi I’m so glad to hear your dd loves Wilkes, mine seems to be very set on it now! Was just wondering if you have any information (or if anyone does!) about how long the days are and the ratio of dance/acting/singing, any information would be so useful!!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Just a heads up. I emailed Laine to ask when we could expect letters
And got this-

Although I do not have any involvement with the audition process I am aware that a large batch of audition letters went out today first class so yours may well be amongst those.  I believe there are just a few more to be sent after that and they’ll be dealt with by Tuesday at the latest.

So sorry for the delay.

So maybe we will here very soon 😬😬😬
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:48 pm Just a heads up. I emailed Laine to ask when we could expect letters
And got this-

Although I do not have any involvement with the audition process I am aware that a large batch of audition letters went out today first class so yours may well be amongst those.  I believe there are just a few more to be sent after that and they’ll be dealt with by Tuesday at the latest.

So sorry for the delay.

So maybe we will here very soon 😬😬😬
Thanks so much for the update!