Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

dancingdreams
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by dancingdreams »

Jubb wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am My daughter had audition for Italia conti on 18th Feb still not heard , anyone know how long they are taking to get back , also will they email come directly Italia conti ?
Exactly 2 weeks for my dd who got a diploma offer. It was a direct email, all the best!
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Can anyone confirm if the Bird outcome is letter or Email please ? My DD seems to think letter but just double checking !
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Crazytime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:29 pm Can anyone confirm if the Bird outcome is letter or Email please ? My DD seems to think letter but just double checking !
It's a letter in the post x
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

lotsolaffs wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 pm
Scarytimes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm
Pizza18 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:53 pm Does anyone know if the advanced learner loan might be available for mountview in second and third year? Also DADA finding on government website says the amount students have to contribute to fees rather than how much they get. I am assuming that is based on normal fees of £9,200 rather than Mountview fees of nearly £15,000. Any ideas from anyone else currently receiving a DADA for their children.
It really is what you pay. Because the DaDA works the other way - they work out your contribution not your discount, if you are lucky enough to get one, then it doesn't really matter what the fees are, you know the amount you owe.
As far as I know ALL are only available via Italia Conti but I think you have to be 19?
You would only be eligible for £6,000 from SFE as Mountview is classed as a private drama school,so you would need to find the difference. (£9,000) but you would get maintenance loan.
I would love to know anyone who got a DADA at Mountview, I have never heard of anyone getting one!
Yes, I know of one on the straight acting course there. First time I'd heard of anyone getting one for straight acting rather than musical theatre.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Crazytime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:29 pm Can anyone confirm if the Bird outcome is letter or Email please ? My DD seems to think letter but just double checking !
My DD offer was by letter x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

My dd is on a DADA. The sliding scale of contributions details the fees you pay regardless of what the college charges. So we pay the exact same amount at the college she attends as we would at a cheaper or more expensive college. The average cost of a Dada funded Trinity Diploma is £12-14k per year. On our income we pay 32,675 per year.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

islandofsodor wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm My dd is on a DADA. The sliding scale of contributions details the fees you pay regardless of what the college charges. So we pay the exact same amount at the college she attends as we would at a cheaper or more expensive college. The average cost of a Dada funded Trinity Diploma is £12-14k per year. On our income we pay 32,675 per year.
Do you mean £2,675 per year?
Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Post by Sparkle13 »

islandofsodor wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm My dd is on a DADA. The sliding scale of contributions details the fees you pay regardless of what the college charges. So we pay the exact same amount at the college she attends as we would at a cheaper or more expensive college. The average cost of a Dada funded Trinity Diploma is £12-14k per year. On our income we pay 32,675 per year.
Do you get any help with living costs?
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

DS has just been offered a place at Arts Ed for sixth form-does anyone have any advice/experience of taking 2 Alevels and BTEC there? Just wondering what it’s like trying to keep up the workload! DS is down to do MT drama and history Alevels and would also need to be with a host family. Any advice gratefully received!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 am DS has just been offered a place at Arts Ed for sixth form-does anyone have any advice/experience of taking 2 Alevels and BTEC there? Just wondering what it’s like trying to keep up the workload! DS is down to do MT drama and history Alevels and would also need to be with a host family. Any advice gratefully received!
Congratulations to your DS, sorry no help or info for you but hope he enjoys it!!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Thank you becmum-big decisions ahead as he’d have to leave home at 16.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:01 am Thank you becmum-big decisions ahead as he’d have to leave home at 16.
Yes it is, my DD was 15 when she auditioned last year, got diploma offer and 2 foundation offers. Decided on Laine foundation and it’s been a leap of faith but she’s loved it. Worked really hard, got a great friendship group, most are older. Not 17 until April so it’s been a challenge as there are certainly tough days where you are parenting on the phone. Wouldn’t change it though as she’s come so far. They are more capable of going it alone than we think 👍
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Wow becmum she is certainly determined! Well done her! That’s really heartening to know-thank you x
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 am DS has just been offered a place at Arts Ed for sixth form-does anyone have any advice/experience of taking 2 Alevels and BTEC there? Just wondering what it’s like trying to keep up the workload! DS is down to do MT drama and history Alevels and would also need to be with a host family. Any advice gratefully received!
Hi there, I have 2 DDs one who did BTEC MT, Art A level and History A level last year at artsed. Her results were very good although she was slightly disappointed with her Art result and felt the work load actually did affect that. She is very focused and so was able to keep up with the work load but it really was non stop.Some students who started off doing the 2 A levels actually dropped one after AS. My other DD has just been offered MT BTEC and 2 A levels also at Artsed from September. She will start off with the 2 A levels and see how she goes.
I would say it very much depends on the individual child, the workload is heavy especially as he will have a lot of written work in all three of his choices but he can sit AS History so could decide after that wether to continue it to A level.

Good luck to your DS, they will be in the same year on the same BTEC course!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Thanks goforit-lots to think about-I’ll pm you later if that’s ok! :D