Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm Laine was three weeks for us as it was early in the Christmas break, it was a yes with funding audition in April. GSA was next day for recall and offer of BA place four days afterwards.

I know two who auditioned last Wednesday,they heard Saturday,one a place with funding audition, other foundation offer. ( Laine)

Auditions really seem to be picking up pace now.
Was Laine a letter in the post?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm
lotsolaffs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm Laine was three weeks for us as it was early in the Christmas break, it was a yes with funding audition in April. GSA was next day for recall and offer of BA place four days afterwards.

I know two who auditioned last Wednesday,they heard Saturday,one a place with funding audition, other foundation offer. ( Laine)

Auditions really seem to be picking up pace now.
Was Laine a letter in the post?
Yes it was
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

My daughter was chosen to attend 2 scholarships yesterday at CYD for Laines and Wilkes. Been told they are private auditions, as anyone else been given this opportunity. It’s very exciting, she was also awarded a part scholarship to CYD intensive.

Has anyone experienced these auditions?
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

This will be for next year now as they have awarded the CYD? Scholarship at least for Laine this year as we know the girl who got it this year. Actually we know the girls who have got the Laine one for the last 3 years now.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

They asked my daughter if she is auditioning for thus September before giving her the audition paperwork.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

If you go to their website (can you dance?) you can see the winners of the Laine scholarship to start in sept 2020. I might be wrong but dont want you to be disappointed. They have started their conventions again last weekend so I'm pretty sure it will be for entry in sept 2021.
Rose20
BRIT Award

Post by Rose20 »

They obviously liked your daughter so go for it! There may well be another scholarship available. I have heard of other colleges giving out scholarships that are never announced or published. Well done to your Dd.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

We are going talk tonight. I have contacted CYD and it is for next year but it’s great to be scouted anyway. She has offers at Stella Mann, Bird and Italia Conti already with Performers audition next week. She was going to audition for Laines and then changed her mind.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

tracyelwell wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 am We are going talk tonight. I have contacted CYD and it is for next year but it’s great to be scouted anyway. She has offers at Stella Mann, Bird and Italia Conti already with Performers audition next week. She was going to audition for Laines and then changed her mind.
It really is a massive achievement to be scouted! X
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Has anyone audition for Wilkes, my daughter is blown away by their performances and wants to audition. Sadly she has a scholarship audition for Wilkes but it for 2021?

It’s a school we know nothing about.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

tracyelwell wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm Has anyone audition for Wilkes, my daughter is blown away by their performances and wants to audition. Sadly she has a scholarship audition for Wilkes but it for 2021?

My daughter is there tomorrow so will let you know! It really does seem to be coming through fast as one of the top colleges and is being talked about a lot more this year. I am impressed with them so far, letters all come in black envelopes with gold handwriting. Know you don’t go to a college for that reason but a nice little touch.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Thanks, that is what I had heard, they are up and coming and when she brought the certificate for audition scholarship over the parents we were with said they’re excellent’. I contacted them last night and it will be great to hear how your daughter gets on. Good luck 😉
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

tracyelwell wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:35 pm Has anyone audition for Wilkes, my daughter is blown away by their performances and wants to audition. Sadly she has a scholarship audition for Wilkes but it for 2021?

Hi, my daughter has an offer from Wilkes amongst others and is 90% sure she’ll be taking it up for the degree course over more “established” colleges. It wasn’t one of her top choices at first but the audition day pushed it right to the top of her list and she felt it would give her the training most suited to what she needs. Received very positive comments in the interview and their faculty is absolutely incredible. Good luck!!
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

Hi, my DD is currently a second year at Wilkes and chose it over other offers at more well known colleges. Wilkes was not top of the list before auditions but became a 'no-brainer' afterwards when meeting the faculty, watching the end of year Show and seeing how much the Principals invested in the students. They have some amazing pieces to perform at Move It if you'll be there. If you have any questions then please ask.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Great, just wanted to hear if I can transfer the audition deposit by baca. We watched their videos last night on You Tube and our daughter was amazed. The biggest issue is she is 15 so when she was offered the scholarship audition is was excited it that isn’t for this year so now she will need a scholarship. But she can try