Stageworks and Bodyworks post-16 opinion wanted

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Carozd
Nominee

Stageworks and Bodyworks post-16 opinion wanted

Post by Carozd »

Thank you to all who commented on my first post. The two options we are most considering are Stageworks and Bodyworks, for both L3 Btec + Foundation training, and L6 training. Any experience of them would be much valued. Thank you.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Re: Stageworks and Bodyworks post-16 opinion wanted

Post by Fullmoon »

Jasmine2 had a DD at Bodyworks (graduated now) and would be a good person to give you the low-down. Lesser known, but I definitely wouldn’t say a lesser standard - I personally think it gets overlooked by many people who have their eyes set on London. We were really impressed when we looked around.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Fullmoon wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 pm Jasmine2 had a DD at Bodyworks (graduated now) and would be a good person to give you the low-down. Lesser known, but I definitely wouldn’t say a lesser standard - I personally think it gets overlooked by many people who have their eyes set on London. We were really impressed when we looked around.
Hi , yes my dd graduated from there 2 years ago and hasn't looked back. She loved the fact that is was a smaller place, hard work though, and great contact hours. All grauated with agent representation and lots have to gone on to work in the west end, cruises, Europe, Caribbean and beyond. My dd teaches Tap at the theatre school and adult classes, juggling it with her performing jobs. Feel free to pm if you want any further advice/help..good luck xxx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

The thing that would concern me about Bodyworks is that the Btec is only the Foundation Diploma (2 days per week) wheras most Btec courses are the Extended diploma worth 3 A levels and delivered over at least 4 days per week. She won;t have enough UCAs points to be able to change tack/apply for a degree course if required and are the contact hours enough.

Their Level 6 diploma is another matter entirely and I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about that course.
Carozd
Nominee

Post by Carozd »

Agreed, the St Neots is a diploma (2A Levels and she’s will have either one or two btec certificates from the aborted y12 course she is on. Bodyworks is more money for less time and fewer qualifications.

Thanks for the input
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Carozd - my DD is head girl at Bodyworks - I have dropped you a PM