Looking ahead and being realistic!

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bumble-bee
Nominee

Re: Looking ahead and being realistic!

Post by bumble-bee »

Hi Rhymie! Absolutely brilliant! Well done to your son for achieving a place at BOV =D> =D> It’s so hard! That was the last one on the list for my son & he didn’t even audition in the end as we had run out of money by then! But tbh don’t think he would’ve even been successful as it’s so hard! Your son has done brilliantly how’s he getting on? Bet he’s enjoying it! The courses are so full on 3rd in particular, yes mine is currently rehearsing showcase, also rehearsing for final London season plays, also rehearsing for the Carlton Hobbs awards! Showreel, voice reel & spotlight were all completed before Christmas. He’s already had meetings with some top agents but has decided not to sign with any just yet until after showcase. On top of that he’s already had and having auditions & recalls for productions including West End. Most of the sch’s have what they call an industry liaison manager who organises auditions for 3rd years & contacts with agents. It’s all quite exciting but very very full on at the mo!
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Re: Looking ahead and being realistic!

Post by Rhymie »

bumble-bee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm Hi Rhymie! Absolutely brilliant! Well done to your son for achieving a place at BOV =D> =D> It’s so hard! That was the last one on the list for my son & he didn’t even audition in the end as we had run out of money by then! But tbh don’t think he would’ve even been successful as it’s so hard! Your son has done brilliantly how’s he getting on? Bet he’s enjoying it! The courses are so full on 3rd in particular, yes mine is currently rehearsing showcase, also rehearsing for final London season plays, also rehearsing for the Carlton Hobbs awards! Showreel, voice reel & spotlight were all completed before Christmas. He’s already had meetings with some top agents but has decided not to sign with any just yet until after showcase. On top of that he’s already had and having auditions & recalls for productions including West End. Most of the sch’s have what they call an industry liaison manager who organises auditions for 3rd years & contacts with agents. It’s all quite exciting but very very full on at the mo!
Oh wow! it sounds very busy. Good that he takes his time on agents and really fantastic about the auditions for the West End. I know the Game of Thrones Prequal is casting at the moment from the schools. My DD is only in the first year, he tried for 4 years to get in, getting to final rounds in the 2nd and 3rd year (final round at BOV year before as well, as LAMDA, Drama Centre and final round Royal Welsh) and then finally got into BOV this year, had a choice then and chose BOV straight away. It had been his first choice for 4 years and he was determined to go, but wasn't right for the cast last year. 7 boys this year only and he's close to the oldest. But he is loving it, had a students masterclass with Ian Mckellen this week and is living his dream. I hung around this forum because there were so few places for parents to go for straight drama school advise, see if I could give any info or moral support. God knows its needed in audition season.