SFE maintenance loan

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

SFE maintenance loan

Post by Robin64 »

Does anyone know when they get the first payment of the maintenance loan from SFE? Just thinking the Bird course might start earlier than a lot of uni courses and wondered if DD will get it in September or have to wait? Payment date for the fees is Oct 17th.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Re: SFE maintenance loan

Post by Rhymie »

SFE pay direct to the school, you never see it. The schools normally work with SFE dates with no issues. The Maintenence loan is paid much later Im afraid. My daughter didn't get hers until early October last year.
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Did you get this by email/post??
Waiting to be billed for extra curricular fee and my contribution for fees.xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

It should say on your forms x On DDs it says around 24th Sep although she needs to confirm papers at the uni first x
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

No the confirmation letter for my DS simply breaks down the amount. On the online tracker just says in process. Exactly like my DD at regulat uni last year.
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Ah my dd is on diploma.x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Oo maybe ours is different, student finance Wales x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

If you log into the SFE account you should be able to see when the maintainance payments are due to be paid

Just checked my DD’s and it’s listed for 10th September

Hope that helps
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

You are normally sent all the years payments in the post via a letter, you can also see when everything is paid on the student finance websie. Please make sure you have signed all the paperwork to receive the letter this is easily missed and will hold up payments. When you student finance is assessed there is a form sent to you to sign and return, a lot of students don't realise it has to be returned.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Munchpot wrote:If you log into the SFE account you should be able to see when the maintainance payments are due to be paid

Hope that helps
That's great thanks. The letter had fee payment dates and amount for maintenance but no date. Will check on the sfe account.
Hope you have had a good summer. DD ready to go back just couple more shifts at work to go! She has a handy flat with 2 other girls ready to move into.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Robin64 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:If you log into the SFE account you should be able to see when the maintainance payments are due to be paid

Hope that helps
That's great thanks. The letter had fee payment dates and amount for maintenance but no date. Will check on the sfe account.
Hope you have had a good summer. DD ready to go back just couple more shifts at work to go! She has a handy flat with 2 other girls ready to move into.
Same here. The letter wasn't very helpful, but the online account says 24th Sept for maintenance loan which is DS first day of proper term. Other DS (who is going to uni late) gets his paid on 17th Sept and that lines up with his first day after freshers week too.All very close now...
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

My DS always got his maintenance loan on the first official date of each Mountview term. He has just finished at Mountview. His brother is at university now, going into second year, and again his student finance comes of the first day of each term. This is through student finance Wales so it may be different though.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Rhymie wrote:SFE pay direct to the school, you never see it. The schools normally work with SFE dates with no issues. The Maintenence loan is paid much later Im afraid. My daughter didn't get hers until early October last year.

Tuition fee from SFE goes straight to uni but not maintenance loan - that comes to whoever’s bank details you give when you apply
Our 1st maintenance payment comes to our bank on the 1st day of term which for us is 10 sep (even though I had to pay 1st instalment for halls 2 weeks ago)
X
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Pretty sure when DS was at Arts Ed he had to take a letter/form into college which they then sent to SFE in order for his maintenance loan to be released. Worth checking. Definitely he did not have the maintenance loan in time for his first day at college though. The tuition fees side of things is sent directly to the college.
All new to me!
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

My DS is going to Italia Conti, but the University for the BA is officially the University of East London. It looks like his maintenance loan is being paid on the 1st official day of the University term, which is 24th Sept, rather than the 10th September when Conti term starts.