Dance clothes for training - quantity?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Dance clothes for training - quantity?

Post by Scarytimes »

We are still waiting for the GSA specification for dancewear, but I've seen a few other colleges lists during the course of this year and am wondering about quantity of leotards/tights. My assumptions are that they are
- dancing every day for several hours
- DS will be living in student halls with a laundrette only
- the days are very long
- he is a typical sweaty boy who can only wear a set of dance clothes once before changing them

I am thinking 4-5 sets of each but that sounds expensive!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Dance clothes for training - quantity?

Post by riverdancefan »

We had to get DS 5 x t shirts and vests
Also 5 dance belts as he dances and does cardio daily, however they have lasted well and he won’t need new ones this September.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

riverdancefan wrote:We had to get DS 5 x t shirts and vests
Also 5 dance belts as he dances and does cardio daily, however they have lasted well and he won’t need new ones this September.
That sounds about right - yes and dance belts too, and they aren't cheap!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

God knows if I've even got the right stuff lol x followed the uniform list and just bought loads of black stuff!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:God knows if I've even got the right stuff lol x followed the uniform list and just bought loads of black stuff!
I had heard GSA is mainly black unbranded stuff too. Should be ok then. All getting real now!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

We have a few dance belts and unitards/biketards cos my son is also a sweaty one :lol: he had to wash his dance stuff every day whilst at Mountview but was fine in a shared house with a washing machine but this time in halls with a few machines that are apparently often broken I’ve bought my son a portable twin tub :lol: :lol: we’ve had a few practice runs and it’s really good - I think people use them in caravans, etc - it should pay for Itself in a few weeks as it’s £2 odd per wash in the halls x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Sherbert wrote:We have a few dance belts and unitards/biketards cos my son is also a sweaty one :lol: he had to wash his dance stuff every day whilst at Mountview but was fine in a shared house with a washing machine but this time in halls with a few machines that are apparently often broken I’ve bought my son a portable twin tub :lol: :lol: we’ve had a few practice runs and it’s really good - I think people use them in caravans, etc - it should pay for Itself in a few weeks as it’s £2 odd per wash in the halls x
Ooh that’s an idea. I was looking at the heated surer for drying but they were quite expensive
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Scarytimes wrote:
Sherbert wrote:We have a few dance belts and unitards/biketards cos my son is also a sweaty one :lol: he had to wash his dance stuff every day whilst at Mountview but was fine in a shared house with a washing machine but this time in halls with a few machines that are apparently often broken I’ve bought my son a portable twin tub :lol: :lol: we’ve had a few practice runs and it’s really good - I think people use them in caravans, etc - it should pay for Itself in a few weeks as it’s £2 odd per wash in the halls x
Ooh that’s an idea. I was looking at the heated surer for drying but they were quite expensive
My DS has a heated rail dryer as tumble drying would kill his t shirts and dance belts, he would fry them :D
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

riverdancefan wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
My DS has a heated rail dryer as tumble drying would kill his t shirts and dance belts, he would fry them :D
Good point and there isn’t the time for them to air dry before he will need them again. I’ll check both out. Where did you buy one? Lakeland?
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Scarytimes wrote:
riverdancefan wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Good point and there isn’t the time for them to air dry before he will need them again. I’ll check both out. Where did you buy one? Lakeland?
Yes it’s pricey but fantastic!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

I saw the Lakeland one for £59.99 but thought it was a bit pricey so I bought an identical (hopefully) one off amazon for £29.99 so he’s got his own little laundrette going on now :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Sherbert wrote:I saw the Lakeland one for £59.99 but thought it was a bit pricey so I bought an identical (hopefully) one off amazon for £29.99 so he’s got his own little laundrette going on now :)
I’ve gone for something similar so hopefully it won’t be completely rubbish ;)
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Scarytimes wrote:
Sherbert wrote:I saw the Lakeland one for £59.99 but thought it was a bit pricey so I bought an identical (hopefully) one off amazon for £29.99 so he’s got his own little laundrette going on now :)
Scarytimes, I think they have the exact same one in Homebase for £18.97?! :-s I’ve reserved one to pick up - hopefully not rubbish either! :?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Fullmoon wrote:
Scarytimes, I think they have the exact same one in Homebase for £18.97?! :-s I’ve reserved one to pick up - hopefully not rubbish either! :?
Think I should have shopped round a bit! Now to look for an affordable mini washer...
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Fullmoon wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Oo couldn't give me a link please x I can't find it and need one too x