Dance clothes for training - quantity?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Dance clothes for training - quantity?

Post by Sherbert »

Scarytimes wrote:
Fullmoon wrote:
Scarytimes, I think they have the exact same one in Homebase for £18.97?! :-s I’ve reserved one to pick up - hopefully not rubbish either! :?
Think I should have shopped round a bit! Now to look for an affordable mini washer...
I got the twin tub crusader £79.99 on eBay
Might be a crazy idea but I’ve got it now :lol:
Had a few gos with it and it’s great
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Marissa wrote:
Fullmoon wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
I’ve gone for something similar so hopefully it won’t be completely rubbish ;)
Scarytimes, I think they have the exact same one in Homebase for £18.97?! :-s I’ve reserved one to pick up - hopefully not rubbish either! :?
Oo couldn't give me a link please x I can't find it and need one too x
Hope this works....I’m not very technical! #-o

https://www.homebase.co.uk/estilo-alumi ... il_p376991

Typical, isn’t it Sherbet/Scarytimes?! Let’s just hope we don’t all end up with cheap imitations! :D

Just smiling to myself picturing all our DC’s around the country with their washers, dryers, Deep Heat, first aid kits, Costa cards and goodness knows what else!! Getting very real now! :lol:
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Does anyone know if dd needs a smart black dress for Hammond? I can see they all seem smart for the choir and Lucy's hoping to be part of that x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I think it depends on what events/performances occur.

I'm fairly sure that black isn't required for the Christmas Cathedral concert. (All students take part but there is an auditioned Chamber Choir alongside the whole school choir).

Last year I thnk they wore black for the Anniversary Gala but I didn't attend that one. It took place at the end of January and it was freezing in there. I did notice last year that the Musical Theatre degree students who sang at the end of year Production all wore black evening dresses. I havn't attended any of the other degree singers events.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou x
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Marissa wrote:Does anyone know if dd needs a smart black dress for Hammond? I can see they all seem smart for the choir and Lucy's hoping to be part of that x
I think a smart black dress is a good idea. It will probably come in useful at some point. Choirs & orchestras often choose that for concerts.

I've also gone for the homebase heated towel rail for DD there will be a run on them! :D
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:
Marissa wrote:Does anyone know if dd needs a smart black dress for Hammond? I can see they all seem smart for the choir and Lucy's hoping to be part of that x
I think a smart black dress is a good idea. It will probably come in useful at some point. Choirs & orchestras often choose that for concerts.

I've also gone for the homebase heated towel rail for DD there will be a run on them! :D
Thankyou. I think we will just use her simple black audition dress for now x
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

My DD is all black for Chichester, we have bought Bloch leotards in the sale for a few years now, black dance tights and pink ballet tights are very expensive so we look for discount codes and vouchers and buy in packs of three as works out cheaper. Some courses have the hoodies and fleeces you can buy.Ballet shoes don't last long and neither do jazz shoes so it is worth shopping around for them. DD has managed to buy Laduca character and tap shoes in the sale the other week online, they are amazing shoes and so well made. I buy make up and dance bags for birhday and Christmas.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

A friend put us on to Manzi on Amazon for tights for DD. They fit well and seem to last. Very reasonable price for sets of three.
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Scarytimes wrote:A friend put us on to Manzi on Amazon for tights for DD. They fit well and seem to last. Very reasonable price for sets of three.

thanks scarytimes just had a look reasonable prices.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Poreslli https://dancewear.co.uk/ have some great deals too, we also bought a lot of DD's black leotards on ebay.
It's an expensive business to be in lol xx :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I can assure you the Homebase rail is nothing like the Lakeland one. \:D/ here is a huge diffence between the power of a towel rail and a clothes dryer. A dance belt would take hours to dry on a heated towel rail.
It depends what you want to use it for, the heat from the Lakeland one dries towels and sheets quickly as well as everything else. Mine is 12 years old now and I wouldn’t be without. Only pennies to run it too.
It was an investment for us for DS, tumble drying isn’t an option for a lot of his clothes and most of them have no garden and can’t peg anything outside.
It also doubles as a cheap heater if needed
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

My parents have a heated airer with cover they bought from a caravan shop and its brilliant.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

riverdancefan wrote:I can assure you the Homebase rail is nothing like the Lakeland one. \:D/ here is a huge diffence between the power of a towel rail and a clothes dryer. A dance belt would take hours to dry on a heated towel rail.
It depends what you want to use it for, the heat from the Lakeland one dries towels and sheets quickly as well as everything else. Mine is 12 years old now and I wouldn’t be without. Only pennies to run it too.
It was an investment for us for DS, tumble drying isn’t an option for a lot of his clothes and most of them have no garden and can’t peg anything outside.
I thought there probably would be a difference in the quality given the difference in price :lol: The Homebase one seems to heat up quite quickly and well atm, but time will tell I suppose if it’s any good in the long-run! It will certainly dry ballet tights, footless tights/leggings, underwear and little bits like that, but you’re probably right about towels and things; I think they’d take quite a while ;)
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

riverdancefan wrote:I can assure you the Homebase rail is nothing like the Lakeland one. \:D/ here is a huge diffence between the power of a towel rail and a clothes dryer. A dance belt would take hours to dry on a heated towel rail.

Is that the one with the cover. I have friends who swear by..2 adults 2 kids ..and also say so cheap to run. Hate idea of radiators and mould. Hope everyone has dry pants!