Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

Post by Scarytimes »

Rhymie wrote:
There should be a Royal Welsh RWSMD in there somewhere ;-)
Well done. I hadn't seen a post about that at all. Updated now
mariapanayi
BRIT Award

Post by mariapanayi »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this info - but I noticed a parent somewhere discussing the price of training, and have just read an article in the stage about students being picky about where they go. It says something about waiting for a top drama school to help them at castings in the future, as some of the second-rate ones are expensive and other than the degree, don't mean as much in the industry. It's really difficult to know what to do - what if they turn down a school, and never get any offers every again! What a risk!!!! Any way... I just thought i'd mention Bodens College of Performing Arts. For any students that maybe haven't been accepted at their top choice, but can't afford Foundation courses whilst auditioning again next year. They offer free performing arts training (my daughter has just graduated after spending three years with them). I've copied their course info from their website - but I'm sure if you call or email them, they'd be able to help more than I can!!

Sixth Form (Aged 16+) - Level Three Foundation Diploma & Level Three Extended Diploma - Two Years Free Training
Gap Year (Aged 18-19) - Level Four Associate Diploma - One Year Free Training

The website is www.performingartscollege.co.uk, email contact is katie@bodens.co.uk and the phone number is 02084470909.

I hope that helps! My daughter had the most amazing time there and the quality of training is exceptional. I really couldn't recommend it any higher.
Benjy
Nominee

Post by Benjy »

Hiya my son has just started at PPA doing the degree course in MT.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Benjy wrote:Hiya my son has just started at PPA doing the degree course in MT.
Hi, I think I have him down - if you’ve posted about his final destination before - but I’ll check my trusty spreadsheet and add him if not. Good luck to him!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Scarytimes wrote:
Benjy wrote:Hiya my son has just started at PPA doing the degree course in MT.
Hi, I think I have him down - if you’ve posted about his final destination before - but I’ll check my trusty spreadsheet and add him if not. Good luck to him!!
No I must have missed the announcement as I didn't have a final destination choice for him. Hope he is enjoying it so far. One week to go then DS is off - he can't wait!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Just getting ready to take DD to her host family accommodation for start on Monday at Performers College. Going to miss her dreadfully, even though she says she wants to come home most weekends!!xx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

lyndahill wrote:Just getting ready to take DD to her host family accommodation for start on Monday at Performers College. Going to miss her dreadfully, even though she says she wants to come home most weekends!!xx
Good luck to her - and you !
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Goodluck all xxx. We have one more week before dd moves on to The Hammond x
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

My DD began her training at London Studio Centre today. It was the first audition that she went to and unexpectedly loved it. Had offers from other colleges but after the second audition at LSC decided that it was the place for her. I have often come on this forum and found it so informative but at the end of the day it is what place feels right for them ie what is the best fit. Good luck to everybody starting on their journey x
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Just a couple of weeks till my DS starts at BOV. Reading list sorted, clothing sorted, accommodation sorted. All ready to go. What a journey, utter carnage for 4 years and now I'm watching so many start at the beginning, the monologues, the songs, the recalls (or not) I wouldn't wish the anguish on anyone. Just remembering has made me want gin! good luck to all your offspring and cheers!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Here we go! DDs turn to leave for The Hammond x It's been a long journey and really great to hear how everyone is getting on x Thankyou for being on our rollercoaster with us x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Good luck for the trip Marissa! We are heading off to GSA with DS now too. Can’t imagine doing this without all the excellent advice and support from this forum. I wonder whether we would even have the same outcome if I hadn’t been able to direct him with information I found here. Thank you all - we will be sticking around on this site to help others and before we know it, the next stage will be on us.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

How exciting (and nerve-wracking, and happy, and sad,and...!! :D ) Looking forward to hearing how they both settle in Marissa and Scarytimes! =D> Got my DD home for a cheeky weekend and have loved listening to all her stories and experiences so far! So far, so good! [-o<
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Fullmoon wrote:How exciting (and nerve-wracking, and happy, and sad,and...!! :D ) Looking forward to hearing how they both settle in Marissa and Scarytimes! =D> Got my DD home for a cheeky weekend and have loved listening to all her stories and experiences so far! So far, so good! [-o<
Will be lovely to see him at some point and hear stories. Seemed to be settling in well and chatting to loads of people when we left. Seemed like a nervous audition again then odd when we came home without him
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou x DD is settled in too x It will be great to hear everyone's stories of how they get on x