Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

Post by Scarytimes »

Just coming down to earth after results and excitement of booking accommodation and thought I would do a little list for this year based on the info in this thread and others who have reported places earlier in the 2018 thread. It may help others for next year to look at the full range available.

Apologies if I miss out one or two - there is so much to read through I may well have done so don't take offence if your special place is missing! Just PM me and I will edit this. [Correct as of 14th Sept 2018]

Final destinations of our 2018 starters - a mix of degree, diploma and foundation (F) courses:
Arts Ed (2F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (2+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
RWSMD
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (2+3AVT)
Wilkes

Congratulations to everyone on this amazing list of 46 and encouragement for those who will be auditioning or re-auditioning for 2019 entry.
Last edited by Scarytimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou x It's really great to see it like this x Just telling hubby although he's looking at me like I'm on another planet lol.I don't think he realises what a journey we on this forum have been on together! For our family it's actually been a short journey to get to this point but still a year and a half seems a long long time!
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Scarytimes wrote:Just coming down to earth after results and excitement of booking accommodation and thought I would do a little list for this year based on the info in this thread and others who have reported places earlier in the 2018 thread. It may help others for next year to look at the full range available.

Apologies if I miss out one or two - there is so much to read through I may well have done so don't take offence if your special place is missing! Just PM me and I will edit this.

Final destinations of our 2018 starters - a mix of degree, diploma and foundation (F) courses:
Arts Ed (F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (1+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (1+3AVT)
Wilkes

Congratulations to everyone on this amazing list of 44 and encouragement for those who will be auditioning or re-auditioning for 2019 entry.
This is brilliant Scarytimes! So great to see all the places our DC’s are off to in September! =D> Gosh! ‘September!’ - can you believe after everything we/our DC’s have been through, it’s actually nearly here?! :)........Marissa, no I really don’t think the men have any idea at all do they?! :D
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Great to read this Scarytimes and well done on compiling it!!
Well done to all DC and their families =D> =D> =D>
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Fullmoon wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:Just coming down to earth after results and excitement of booking accommodation and thought I would do a little list for this year based on the info in this thread and others who have reported places earlier in the 2018 thread. It may help others for next year to look at the full range available.

Apologies if I miss out one or two - there is so much to read through I may well have done so don't take offence if your special place is missing! Just PM me and I will edit this.

Arts Ed (F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (1+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (1+3AVT)
Wilkes

Congratulations to everyone on this amazing list of 44 and encouragement for those who will be auditioning or re-auditioning for 2019 entry.
This is brilliant Scarytimes! So great to see all the places our DC’s are off to in September! =D> Gosh! ‘September!’ - can you believe after everything we/our DC’s have been through, it’s actually nearly here?! :)........Marissa, no I really don’t think the men have any idea at all do they?! :D
ok I will rephrase that x I don't think some partners have any idea of how stressful it is lol! xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Arts Ed (F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (1+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (1+3AVT)
Wilkes

Nice one Scarytimes. Well done to everyone and good luck on the next step of the journey. Fingers crossed for 2019 auditions. We definately feel much more prepared thanks to this forum - and hopefully foundation year will make a difference.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Great to see where everyone is going. I look at the list and can't believe how hard it is to obtain places at some of these colleges, a huge well done to all =D> . DD has a couple of close friends who start their auditions this October, I'm already feeling the nerves for them. This site has been my absolute saviour, just simple things, when people were receiving emails from the colleges. We had not received any so on the knowing some of you guys had I called to find our contact email was incorrect, good job we did or dd would have been removed from the reserve list.

I'm not sure about you guys but I'm so excited for dd to start, but have no idea how I'm gonna cope with out her :(
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

I'm not sure about you guys but I'm so excited for dd to start, but have no idea how I'm gonna cope with out her :([/quote]

Like many I am sure, my DD has been my life. Running her around from rehearsal to dance classes etc... She went last September and for about a year before she went I was really worried how I would cope, expecting to be sobbing into my wine every night, but do you know what, it has not been as hard as expected.

I have created a little more time for myself, see DD every 3 weeks, speak every day by text & phone calls.

Because I know she is loving what she is doing and I feel so blessed she is training where she is it just seems right.

Oh and we brought a puppy a few months after she left so that is my replacement baby lol
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I feel the same x I will be upping my running training to keep me busy lol x that and planning lots of weekends away as dd is my youngest so no children at home now x I know I will be heartbroken for a while but I know she is happy x
Barton285
BRIT Award

Post by Barton285 »

Mine is off to urdang (diploma), at present she is still in america on camp america and back next week after nearly 3 1/2 months, I must admit I was dreading her going there but I do believe the build up is worse than the actual thing. Just make sure you are busy in particular the first few weeks whilst you adjust - I had a decorator in the first week as I knew I wouldn't start blubbering when he was in! London seems next door now compared to america (we are not far away to be honest) although I think I will worry more when she's then then I have in america and I think that's all to do with what you hear in the media.
Good luck to all the youngsters starting on their journeys and parents starting a new stage too.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thought it might help that by this stage of the summer a good percentage of bird foundation students that finished and auditioned have had an offer to return there. Some heard immediately or within a week or two and some have had to wait longer. Obviously some have chosen other destinations too. Hopefully that might help if you are in the position we were last year of only having a foundation offer and taking out a loan to cover it. I think most of the students have had an offer for bird or somewhere. No figures this is just rough info from what DD has heard.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Can’t remember when I last logged in here! Great to see so many excited to start in September - congrats to them all.

DD will be starting the Foundation at Arts Ed. She has been hoping for an offer off the reserve for the BA at Trinity but unfortunately it has not happened, although we knew it was very unlikely. She is really looking forward to starting at Arts Ed in September - coming up pretty quickly now!

DD did pretty well in her A-levels (phew) so that getting in anywhere next year should be fine if she was lucky enough to secure an offer from one of the places on her audition list. Secretly dreading all the repeat auditioning business.
Last edited by Felicity on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

Arts Ed (2F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (1+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (2+3AVT)
Wilkes

Well done for doing the list, my dd has decided on bird
Last edited by MTmum on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

MTmum wrote: Well done for doing the list, my dad has decided on bird
Just checked my spreadsheet and I have her down :D must have spotted it elsewhere on a thread. Hope she enjoys every minute!
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

MTmum wrote:

Arts Ed (2F)
Bird (7)
Bodyworks
BOV
Brighton
Chichester
GSA (1+2F)
Hammond (2)
Italia Conti (1+F)
Laine (4+F)
LIPA
LSC (2)
MADD
Performers
PPA (1+F)
RADA (F)
Renaissance
Rose Bruford
SLP
Stella Mann
Trinity Laban (2+F)
UCLAN
Urdang (2+3AVT)
Wilkes

Well done for doing the list, my dad has decided on bird
There should be a Royal Welsh RWSMD in there somewhere ;-)