Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Where are our Sept 2018 starters going?

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:DD is loving Bird, she rings most days to tell me what shes learnt, though she's not missing me at all. I've done a whole house sweep, but running out of jobs fast!. Dd has found it quiet on evenings and weekends, so has decided to get an evening job, which will keep her occupied. Shes trained so hard over the past 18 months, morning till night, that now she has no clue how to relax lol x
My DD is loving it too. I would advise your DD not to overstretch herself with an evening job too soon. They certainly have some long hard days and they've only just started so whilst she may be a little bored now, she might be totally knackered and wanting to spend the night in bed within a few weeks. They certainly do work them hard
It's only a couple of hours a week, it's one Bird advertises on their group page, a few Birdies work there, I think if she finds it to much she'd pack in, but for now, shes loving her independence, not sure how long that will last lol x
That's good. Glad she's having a great time
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

islandofsodor wrote:So Dd has picked up an injury. Looks like no dance for the next few weeks.
This is quite common as body not used to the level they have at the colleges. I remember alot in first year struggling with injuries in the first term but they soon get used to it and most colleges have their own physios.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

She has a tendancyto go over when en pointe and this had happened the week before & she was under the physio but then she stumbled on some stairs. SHe is going to see the dance medicing place in Birmingham as we have a feeling she still has some weakness from a sprained anke 2 years ago.