Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by icantdance »

Littleone wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 am Thanks all for Good Luck wishes :D
Not the best night's sleep last night .... but so happy to say that DD had her place at Urdang confirmed this morning :D
So pleased and relieved !
Good luck and very best wishes to all still waiting for places xx
Amazing news. Congrats to your DD!!! =D>
Debdoos
Nominee

Post by Debdoos »

Congratulations xx
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Ahh - thanks everyone for the "Congrats" I've passed them on to DD :D
It's be seen so lovely to have support on here this year !
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Not the best night's sleep last night .... but so happy to say that DD had her place at Urdang confirmed this morning :D

Fantastic news, now you can have a good night’s sleep! And maybe some celebratory bubbles?! 🎉 xx
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thanks Felicity :D DD has gone out to celebrate and I'm enjoying a nice G&T on the couch with the cat !! - Perfect ;)
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Flyingsaucer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 am Hi. Does any one have a DC who has stayed at Macmillan Student Village at Trinity Laban ? My dc does have a space next year but only in the 230/week studios ?
Any suggestions on what she should do and what Macmillan is like as I have read mixed reviews
Fortunately she could commute initially
so can wait rather a little until a room frees up at Macmillan or private house.
Thank you
Hi
My son stayed at McMillan last year for his first year at Trinity and it was absolutely fine - he had no issues whatsoever and I kind of wish he was still there for year 2 because it’s just so easy - all bills included - great location, etc

Don't get me wrong - it’s no hotel - but did the job for him perfectly - he had a cluster en-suite room in a flat of 6 rooms

X
mumofshowgirl
Nominee

Post by mumofshowgirl »

Well done, congratulations!!!
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thanks Mumofshowgirl :D ... Is your DD excited for Urdang ? Does she also start on 2nd Sept ?
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

That’s wonderful news, congratulations to your DD, and to you too for hanging on in there!

My DD is still top of the middle on the Bird reserve list. Really don’t think it’s going to happen now, just wish they’d say either way so she can look forward to her other choice which is triple threat at Arden!
Blackberry
Nominee

Post by Blackberry »

Bird still make offers after the term starts. Two years ago my daughter was offered a place off of reserve at the end of July but she decided to stick with LSC. A week in to LSC another girl left when she was offered Bird. Daughter 2 is currently on reserve and was told she was top end but still no news, she may well end up sticking with her current choice even if she is offered. Both desperately wanted Bird but also didn’t want to feel second rate which is how the long wait made/makes them feel. First daughter decided that a college that wanted to snap her up was the college for her. Second daughter, we wait and see ...
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

I don't think they're second rate, Blackberry. Different colleges are looking for different things so that doesn't mean they're not as good as other people but maybe they're not as suited to Bird as to another school. My DS has been agonising over Bird or A levels for all the wrong reasons, but one of them was that Laine only offered him foundation and I think he got hung up on wanting to go to Laine. But he realises that a) he did not audition well at Laine - he had a bad day, and b) that maybe he's not a "Laine" person. Thankfully he's now come out of his little cloud and is finally excited and looking forward to Bird. He didn't actually want to do A levels at all!!! Whatever happens to them they should have confidence in their abilities and feel happy and privileged to the schools where they "fit". I hope it all works out for them x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Just a question as this has always intrigued me following these threads. Why is the Bird reserve list the most discussed? You don’t hear much about the Urdang or Performers reserve lists, or any others for that matter so just interested to hear opinions as to why? Is the Bird list longer or is Bird just more popular?

DD has to audition all over again next year as on Pre-Voc at Performers from September, did audition at Bird but only offered Foundation so not on the famous reserve list, am kind of dreading her getting on it next year and having to go through all this again :shock: :shock: :shock: xxx
mumofshowgirl
Nominee

Post by mumofshowgirl »

Littleone wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:23 pm Thanks Mumofshowgirl :D ... Is your DD excited for Urdang ? Does she also start on 2nd Sept ?
Yes she can’t wait! She also starts on 2nd September. The summer has gone so quickly. I’m sure they will have a fab time though. =D> :D
Good luck to everyone on reserve lists still waiting!
Blackberry
Nominee

Post by Blackberry »

I don’t know if I didn’t explain it well but everyone’s choice is down to each individual and I wouldn’t regard any choices as second rate. Everyone is different and suits different colleges. It’s the process of the hugely long wait that allows seeds of doubt to be sown an feelings of second rate start to set in. This is just my view point of how I feel the long wait on the bird reserve list has effected my daughters. I know they need to be made of strong stuff to survive this industry. But as someone else said Bird does appear to be the longest waiting game compared to other colleges. I am a strong believer that they end up in the right place for them eventually but I just wish Birds process could be improved for everyone’s sake.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Blackberry wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:17 am I don’t know if I didn’t explain it well but everyone’s choice is down to each individual and I wouldn’t regard any choices as second rate. Everyone is different and suits different colleges. It’s the process of the hugely long wait that allows seeds of doubt to be sown an feelings of second rate start to set in. This is just my view point of how I feel the long wait on the bird reserve list has effected my daughters. I know they need to be made of strong stuff to survive this industry. But as someone else said Bird does appear to be the longest waiting game compared to other colleges. I am a strong believer that they end up in the right place for them eventually but I just wish Birds process could be improved for everyone’s sake.
Reading this with great interest. I believe the reserve list process has changed at Bird, which is why we are not seeing as much movement as previous years. When my DD auditioned last year, we weren't aware of any DD's being offered confirmed places, lots of reserve list placements, only DS's offered confirmed places, however this year, I know a few DD's that were offered degree places without being added to the reserve, this may not be the case, only from my own experience. I think the reserve list is a great idea, so many talented kids and so little places at these sort after London colleges, just because your on the reserve doesn't mean your not as good as the others, just means not enough spots, they want you as well and if a spot comes up they'll take you. Maybe if the other colleges took this approach college spaces wouldn't go unfilled when all the shuffling starts happening. All these dd's and ds's work years towards this goal, they are all amazing, its frustrating that there's a lack of spaces for they to continue training, forcing some to take a year out and try again.