Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by kzgirl »

KingswayQueen

My DD is in her first year at Chichester (Triple Threat). She loves the degree course and is averaging around 40 hours a week of contact time. They start at 8am every morning with warm up and finish around 6pm or even 7:30pm some days. Each semester has different finish times. The dance teachers also teach at GSA so the standard is high, weekly one to one singing lessons which is the same as other places. This course isn’t mentioned very much on this forum but we feel it is as good as some of the known colleges. Our DD got a few offers but chose Chichester, student finance is enough to live on but the Uni offers a bursary for household incomes under £25000 per year and also students can apply for a hardship fund which doesn’t have to be paid back.
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Hi I am new to this forum. My daughter has been offered a place at Chichester triple threat but is unsure as lots of her peers are dismissive of the course. Do you know how many they take on the triple threat? She is thinking about having a gap year and trying again next year. I really don’t know how to advise her. Thanks for any advice
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

joluth1 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:10 pm Hi I am new to this forum. My daughter has been offered a place at Chichester triple threat but is unsure as lots of her peers are dismissive of the course. Do you know how many they take on the triple threat? She is thinking about having a gap year and trying again next year. I really don’t know how to advise her. Thanks for any advice
Well done on your DD being offered a place at Chichester on the triple threat course! My DD has been offered a place at Chichester triple threat too! Her school A level drama and music teacher recommended it to us and he is very well up on what’s on offer. Did your DD like it when she went for her audition? I know mine did, and I do feel that a uni campus by the sea should be a fabulous place to study - a fabulous course, and maybe a healthier place to study mentally too, mixing with lots of different people on different courses. I wouldn’t listen to peers, it’s what feels right to your DD. Has she had other auditions/offers? We’re still in the middle of it all, but the more I hear about Chichester the better it sounds. You become a member of Spotlight, have West End showcase, top teachers, solo singing lessons. Wish I could go! x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

kzgirl wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:21 am KingswayQueen

My DD is in her first year at Chichester (Triple Threat). She loves the degree course and is averaging around 40 hours a week of contact time. They start at 8am every morning with warm up and finish around 6pm or even 7:30pm some days. Each semester has different finish times. The dance teachers also teach at GSA so the standard is high, weekly one to one singing lessons which is the same as other places. This course isn’t mentioned very much on this forum but we feel it is as good as some of the known colleges. Our DD got a few offers but chose Chichester, student finance is enough to live on but the Uni offers a bursary for household incomes under £25000 per year and also students can apply for a hardship fund which doesn’t have to be paid back.
Thank you KZGirl, I read last year’s thread from start to finish so remember your name! So good to hear that your DD is enjoying Chichester, it really sounds like a fabulous choice, I didn’t realise GSA teachers teach there too. I’ll let my DD know, it sounds amazing xxx
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Chichester does sound great ! Its a shame DD wasn't aware of it prior to embarking on the audition rounds . I also really like the sound of a campus University .

Well done to your DDs Kingsway Queen and Joluth for having offers ! :D
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Hi KZgirl and KingswayQueen

Really pleased to hear your daughter KZgirl is happy at Chichester and that KingswayQueen your daughter is also on the course. I have booked a campus tour in April as I thought it would be good to spend a little time there to help my DD make her mind up. Chichester was her first audition and has got 3 more to go and 3 rejections - she is definitely handling the rejection better than I thought . It really is a horrible process - funding is very important so has limited where we have applied as we cannot top up (already have a son at Birmingham Cobservatoire and funds are stretched). Waiting to here from Tribity Laban which I know she has set her heart on - fingers crossed but things happen for a reason. The info on these forums has been great
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Letter in the post today from Bird, my DD has been placed on the Reserve List! So pleased for her, she's only been dancing 4 years and has come a long way in a short amount of time. Fingers crossed she gets in, but more waiting and not knowing quite where she'll end up. In the meantime a recall and 2 more auditions to get through. xxx
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Well done to your dc kingswayqueen, think there’s lots of movement on Birds reserve list so fingers crossed.
Think lots of us are playing the same waiting game🤦‍♀️...just awful all the waiting and uncertainty...my Dd has got an offer for diploma at bird just waiting to hear about funding now 🤞
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:18 pm Letter in the post today from Bird, my DD has been placed on the Reserve List! So pleased for her, she's only been dancing 4 years and has come a long way in a short amount of time. Fingers crossed she gets in, but more waiting and not knowing quite where she'll end up. In the meantime a recall and 2 more auditions to get through. xxx
Congrats to your DD. As becmum says The Bird reserve list moves a lot. Once all the auditions are over they will usually tell you whereabouts on the list she is.
Fingers crossed for the recall and other auditions
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Munchpot wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:18 pm Letter in the post today from Bird, my DD has been placed on the Reserve List! So pleased for her, she's only been dancing 4 years and has come a long way in a short amount of time. Fingers crossed she gets in, but more waiting and not knowing quite where she'll end up. In the meantime a recall and 2 more auditions to get through. xxx
Congrats to your DD. As becmum says The Bird reserve list moves a lot. Once all the auditions are over they will usually tell you whereabouts on the list she is.
Fingers crossed for the recall and other auditions
So it's worth ringing up towards the end of May to see where she is on the list? That would be a big help knowing if there's a chance or not of getting in. How on earth all of it all works out for everyone is baffling!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:53 pm
So it's worth ringing up towards the end of May to see where she is on the list? That would be a big help knowing if there's a chance or not of getting in. How on earth all of it all works out for everyone is baffling!
If you haven't heard by then - certainly worth giving them a call. Their Foundation year students find out mid May - there's movement right up until the start of the year - depending on how many offers people are holding.
Is it Diploma or Degree? As there's the funding list too

I'm just glad it's all over for us - always break out in a little cold sweat at this time of year
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Munchpot wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:00 pm
If you haven't heard by then - certainly worth giving them a call. Their Foundation year students find out mid May - there's movement right up until the start of the year - depending on how many offers people are holding.

I'm just glad it's all over for us - always break out in a little cold sweat at this time of year
It's the degree she's applied for x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Munchpot wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:00 pm

It's the degree she's applied for x
I'll keep everything crossed for you - Movement usually starts on the degree course after the UCAS acceptance deadline and then again (if not already offered) on A Level results day - NOt sure if it's her first choice or not, but my DD loves it there
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Hi all. We got the Bird letter today. DD got offered the 1 year foundation. She was a bit disappointed to not get the diploma but she knows she’s lucky it wasn’t a no! She’s 15 so still has plenty of time (I have to keep reminding her!) More auditions coming up - so keep fingers crossed. Well done to everyone who got offers or reserve for Bird. And good luck to everyone who waiting!
Last edited by BattlingPeanut on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 pm Hi all. We got the Bird letter today. DD got offered the 1 year foundation. She was a bit disappointed to not get the diploma but she knows she’s lucky it wasn’t a no! She’s 15 so still has plenty of time (I have to keep reminding her!) More auditions coming up - so keep fingers crossed. Well done to everyone who got offers or reserve for Bird. And good luck to everyone who waiting!