Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littleone
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Littleone »

Thanks Scarytimes ... that's useful to know :D
My daughter's audition was 9th Dec and UCAS only updated in mid Feb .. so that still took quite a while . Not having an offer letter (although a bit unsettling) has given her time to process and audition elsewhere prior to making a final decision so maybe that's been a good thing ?

Thanks again
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Hi
Anyone know about host families near Emil dale? I was just wondering a rough cost and availability for my DS in September? He has be offered a place in 6th form.
Thanks in advance
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

OMG - been lockout for posting as could not reset my password ](*,) back now and just wanted to say a huge congratulations to everyone that has an offer supper exciting times.
Last time I was on i mentioned that DS did not get a recall to EDA which he was not best pleased about - anyway checked his email 2 days later and although not asked to stay on the day they asked him to comeback for a recall audition on 21st - it was basically another full audition day and this time he got through to interviews! We are still waiting to hear. As some of you know he is currently on GSA foundation and had is recall audition with them last Saturday - sadly it was a NO :cry: he wanted it so badly but it was not to be - MD said he was very close but doesn't help as it was still a no. Hi also got a NO from Mountview this week - he seemed to be coping well - me not so :( You will recall he also had a Trinity audition a couple of weeks back - some of his friends started to get No's from Trinity yesterday (so for anyone waiting results are on there way) anyway he had no email so decided to check his CUCAS account this morning............ he's in! Guaranteed Unconditional offer for the BA MT course!

He has worked so hard over the last few months - I am so relieved and excited for him all at the same time! The journey is not over yet as he still has auditions at ARTSEd (which is his No 1 choice now GSA is out), Central and PPA but to know he has a place at Trinity means the pressure is off and he (and I) can relax a little for the remaining auditions.

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting and hoping - this is one tough journey.
Last edited by sailorgirluae on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Wow, what an amazing achievement after a long slog of auditions!! Well done 🤩👍!!! Good luck for the rest x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:51 pm The journey is not over yet as he still has auditions at ARTSEd (which is his No 1 choice now GSA is out), Central and PPA but to know he has a place at Trinity means the pressure is off and he (and I) can relax a little for the remaining auditions.
What a rollercoaster and not over yet! Big Congratulations to him on the Trinity place, and commiserations on GSA. I know how much he wanted it.

Do keep us updated on the rest then the final choice. Don’t lose that password!!!
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Hi there, for anybody who has auditioned at GSA (first audition) how long has it taken for a reply. Is it usually the full 2 weeks that they quote? Thank you in advance.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am Hi there, for anybody who has auditioned at GSA (first audition) how long has it taken for a reply. Is it usually the full 2 weeks that they quote? Thank you in advance.
Not sure, my DD had audition last Friday and not heard yet. So hard to get into GSA, so few places! Hopefully they won't keep them waiting too long. x
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Yes my DD was last Friday too for the acting course....like you say, hope it’s not too long of a wait! X
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Congratulations to your DS sailorgirluae

Good luck with the other auditions, but with the Laban unconditional in the bag the pressure is off and, as a result, he'll probably smash the others
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:51 pm OMG - been lockout for posting as could not reset my password ](*,) back now and just wanted to say a huge congratulations to everyone that has an offer supper exciting times.
Last time I was on i mentioned that DS did not get a recall to EDA which he was not best pleased about - anyway checked his email 2 days later and although not asked to stay on the day they asked him to comeback for a recall audition on 21st - it was basically another full audition day and this time he got through to interviews! We are still waiting to hear. As some of you know he is currently on GSA foundation and had is recall audition with them last Saturday - sadly it was a NO :cry: he wanted it so badly but it was not to be - MD said he was very close but doesn't help as it was still a no. Hi also got a NO from Mountview this week - he seemed to be coping well - me not so :( You will recall he also had a Trinity audition a couple of weeks back - some of his friends started to get No's from Trinity yesterday (so for anyone waiting results are on there way) anyway he had no email so decided to check his CUCAS account this morning............ he's in! Guaranteed Unconditional offer for the BA MT course!

He has worked so hard over the last few months - I am so relieved and excited for him all at the same time! The journey is not over yet as he still has auditions at ARTSEd (which is his No 1 choice now GSA is out), Central and PPA but to know he has a place at Trinity means the pressure is off and he (and I) can relax a little for the remaining auditions.

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting and hoping - this is one tough journey.
This is great news sailorgirl xx well done to your son for getting into Trinity x my son is at Trinity if you want to ask anything ;)

I also know how the ‘No’ from the college you did foundation at feels - it’s grim - we had it with Mountview last year...it all makes you stronger in the end xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Congratulations sailor girl. Really happy for you. It's nail biting isn't it? Especially after they've done a foundation. Good on him and yes pressure off now so just go and enjoy the auditions.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Congratulations Sailor girl xx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am Hi there, for anybody who has auditioned at GSA (first audition) how long has it taken for a reply. Is it usually the full 2 weeks that they quote? Thank you in advance.
My DD auditioned at GSA mid Feb and heard about her recall within 2 weeks. I can’t remember exactly but it was longer than a week but no longer than 2 weeks. Good luck!
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:51 pm OMG - been lockout for posting as could not reset my password ](*,) back now and just wanted to say a huge congratulations to everyone that has an offer supper exciting times.

Congratulations to your DS! It’s a big relief when they get an offer after working so hard in their Foundation year. My DD is on the Arts Ed Foundation and has a degree offer from Urdang with recalls at GSA and Mountview still to do. The Arts Foundies will audition at Arts Ed during March and they will know the result before they break up for Easter. DD also auditioned at Trinity btw but has heard nothing.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Felicity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 am
sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:51 pm

Congratulations to your DS! It’s a big relief when they get an offer after working so hard in their Foundation year. My DD is on the Arts Ed Foundation and has a degree offer from Urdang with recalls at GSA and Mountview still to do. The Arts Foundies will audition at Arts Ed during March and they will know the result before they break up for Easter. DD also auditioned at Trinity btw but has heard nothing.
Hi Felicity. Good luck to you DD for the recalls and the Arts Ed audition. My DS will be there towards the end of March for his audition so we should also know by then. Has you DD checked her UCAS/CUCAS for Trinity? My DS did not get any emails it was straight on CUCAS!