Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by sailorgirluae »

lotsolaffs wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:53 am Thank you kzgirl, I am wondering if we are worrying unnecessarily, I know the whole process is out of our control but very,very frustrating when we are fully prepared and ready to go and someone messes up and I only found that out by chance ,so really I am very annoyed too.
GSA have been taking around 2 weeks to give audition dates this year for some reason. Good luck.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Can anyone help who has been through getting Dada funding? Dd is applying for musical theatre this year. If she is lucky enough to get some dada funding we wouldnt get any living allowance. Obviously this is a lot of money to find. Someone suggested approaching local businesses for some sponsorship. Also her grandparents may be able to contribute. Does anyone know if this then counts as household income meaning she then wont qualify for as much funding for the tuition dada the following year?? Also does her income count if she earns doing a part time job as that could put us into the next bracket and she would get even less. Really appreciate any thoughts or advice anyone has on this.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Help from grandparents may count towards a school scholarship at some places (it was on the form dd's school sent out to be used for those who did not get a Dada) but it won't count towards income for DaDa assessment. Neither does any income the child themselves earns. Dd's grandparents contribute towards her costs and she also earns £50 per week from working at a local kids theatre school. The mum of one of dd's friends asked this question on an open day and it was also covered in a funding Q & A when we went to CDMT.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

islandofsodor wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:46 am Help from grandparents may count towards a school scholarship at some places (it was on the form dd's school sent out to be used for those who did not get a Dada) but it won't count towards income for DaDa assessment. Neither does any income the child themselves earns. Dd's grandparents contribute towards her costs and she also earns £50 per week from working at a local kids theatre school. The mum of one of dd's friends asked this question on an open day and it was also covered in a funding Q & A when we went to CDMT.
Ah! Thabks for your reply! I asked the same question at the funding talk at the CDMT conference the other week and they said student income was counted. Such conflicting information. Do you thi k if she did get some sponsorship after we applied for the dada that would be ok?
Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Post by Sparkle13 »

reachforthestars wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:11 pm Best of luck to everyone auditioning for 2019 places, hope it’s going well! My Dd auditioned at Laine, Arts Ed, Mountview, Central, GSA and the Royal College of Music. With the exception of Mountview she was recalled at all. She was offered Foundation at Arts Ed and a scholarship on the day of audition at Laine. She’s now in 2nd year at Laine and loving every single minute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I know how confusing and sometimes stressful it can be. I’m very much of the “let the college choose you” vibe. If they want you, it’s because they see something in you that they like. This first year and a bit at Laine have been a dream!
Did the scholarship include maintenance for living costs? Or just fees? Thank you
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I’ve just signed on and there’s a notification. The scholarship covered fees only.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

Sparkle13 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 am
reachforthestars wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:11 pm Best of luck to everyone auditioning for 2019 places, hope it’s going well! My Dd auditioned at Laine, Arts Ed, Mountview, Central, GSA and the Royal College of Music. With the exception of Mountview she was recalled at all. She was offered Foundation at Arts Ed and a scholarship on the day of audition at Laine. She’s now in 2nd year at Laine and loving every single minute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I know how confusing and sometimes stressful it can be. I’m very much of the “let the college choose you” vibe. If they want you, it’s because they see something in you that they like. This first year and a bit at Laine have been a dream!
Did the scholarship include maintenance for living costs? Or just fees? Thank you

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I’ve just signed on and there’s a notification. The scholarship covered fees only.