Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by icantdance »

Soclose wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm Finally some fantastic news for my DD, a degree offer at Italia Conti!!
We are thrilled to bits, proud, emotional and relieved. It’s been a long time coming since that first audition on Jan 2nd. What a journey!
Good luck to all those still waiting, there’s time yet xx
Huge congratulations to your DD, must be such a relief after the waiting. =P~
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hello everyone,

Fantastic news to all that have received offers lately! What an amazing relief :D still waiting here to find out about DD on Bird degree, never been more stressed in my life. Things aren't looking promising considering shes in the top half :( stressing about what to do now :-& :-&
Blackberry
Nominee

Post by Blackberry »

The Bird waiting list is so painful! We were told top end and strong position but still no news yet.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

The Bird situation is just painful...on a better note my friends DS just got the call from Laine offering funding so pleased...at least some lists are still moving...🤞😬
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Hi there,

We are currently looking into accommodation at Italia Conti, before we start can anybody recommend or offer us any advice? It’s for the Central London academy x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Soclose wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:29 am Hi there,

We are currently looking into accommodation at Italia Conti, before we start can anybody recommend or offer us any advice? It’s for the Central London academy x
I’ve sent you a pm, but says it’s in the outbox not the sent box, so not sure if it’s got to you or not! X
Blythe
Nominee

Post by Blythe »

Performers reserve list moving. DD got offered a DADA today. So happy and relieved. Good luck everyone still waiting - such an anxious time for us all. And thank you for everyone’s help - couldn’t have done I without you. 😊
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Blythe wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:29 pm Performers reserve list moving. DD got offered a DADA today. So happy and relieved. Good luck everyone still waiting - such an anxious time for us all. And thank you for everyone’s help - couldn’t have done I without you. 😊
That’s fantastic, HUGE congratulations to you all! Now get that wine poured! x.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Blythe wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:29 pm Performers reserve list moving. DD got offered a DADA today. So happy and relieved. Good luck everyone still waiting - such an anxious time for us all. And thank you for everyone’s help - couldn’t have done I without you. 😊
Congratulations
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Ahhh congratulations to your DD great news 👍
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Huge congratulations!! You and DD can enjoy the summer now x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Lovely news Blythe :D Congratulations to your DD and enjoy the celebrations ! =D> =D>
mariapanayi
BRIT Award

Post by mariapanayi »

I haven't had to use this site recently as my daughter is currently training for her degree. But I've had a nose around, and remember all the anxieties and heartache we went through when she was auditioning... I hope you're all getting there now!!

I have looked at many of your posts - and common themes are finance (sigh!) and taking a gap year (fingers crossed for next year!!) - and so I wanted to make a small plug for Bodens College of Performing Arts. My daughter started her full-time training journey with them, and it was the best decision we ever made! All of their courses are free and performances are incredible.

They offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds - a 2-year extended diploma option, and a 1-year Gap Year course for 18 year olds. They also offer a free three-week summer course...

Honestly couldn't recommend them higher. The amount of their graduates training at top drama schools this year is unbelievable.

A very special little place!!
Joshan18
Nominee

Post by Joshan18 »

I just had to share my news. On Tuesday my son graduated with a Ba in Acting and yesterday my daughter was offered a place off the reserve list for the same course! I am so overjoyed and proud of both of them, don't mind admitting there were a few tears last night :lol:
I would like to thank everyone on here for all the advice and support, its not been an easy journey...she had a gap year and has just finished a foundation course. We were all starting to plan her next gap year when the email arrived out of the blue!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, its such a difficult path to follow, resilience is key I think ( and thats just for the parents) :D
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Joshan18 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 am I just had to share my news. On Tuesday my son graduated with a Ba in Acting and yesterday my daughter was offered a place off the reserve list for the same course! I am so overjoyed and proud of both of them, don't mind admitting there were a few tears last night :lol:
I would like to thank everyone on here for all the advice and support, its not been an easy journey...she had a gap year and has just finished a foundation course. We were all starting to plan her next gap year when the email arrived out of the blue!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, its such a difficult path to follow, resilience is key I think ( and thats just for the parents) :D
That is fabulous news, congratulations to you all!!! Where is your daughter going? What peace of mind that must be for you! Enjoy the celebrating! Xxx