Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Givemestrength22
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Givemestrength22 »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 am
Givemestrength22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
They are two different entities. So if you audition at Guildford, you would only be considered for Guildford (as far as I am aware anyway!). Good luck to your DD.
Thank you! It’s such a late audition..... would you know if they have a recall system? Xx
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:41 am
Givemestrength22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
They are two different entities. So if you audition at Guildford, you would only be considered for Guildford (as far as I am aware anyway!). Good luck to your DD.
Thank you! It’s such a late audition..... would you know if they have a recall system? Xx
No recall - you or your DD will get an email (I think it was it was about a week/2 weeks later). PM me if you have any questions - DD auditioned for London (and got offered - hooray!), but they both follow the same audition process.
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am Can I just ask for some advice. My daughter (will be 18) is starting a Pre-Vocational year at Performers in September. I understand that when the accomodation pack comes out it is a bit of a free-for-all so wondered if anyone had any advice. What do you actually have to do when the pack comes out? Is it just a list of telephone numbers or do you have proper listings so you can see the rooms? We do know of a friend who is leaving this summer so her room will become free, wondering if we can get in touch with her and get a head start or do the landlords not let you do that? Any advice/help would be appreciated as I'm pretty sure the panic is the same no matter which College they go to!
Hi I can only speak for Arts ed but when the list came out we were straight on it and I spent a couple hours ringing round and emailing to ask for photo of the room, then we narrowed it to three and went up a few days after to view then made the decision there and then . I know we were told that the places go quite quick . We chose a family option for ours and it was such a good option. A lot of people do that. Good luck with everything and well done to your daughter.
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:15 pm

No recall - you or your DD will get an email (I think it was it was about a week/2 weeks later). PM me if you have any questions - DD auditioned for London (and got offered - hooray!), but they both follow the same audition process.
Have PM’d you x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am Can I just ask for some advice. My daughter (will be 18) is starting a Pre-Vocational year at Performers in September. I understand that when the accomodation pack comes out it is a bit of a free-for-all so wondered if anyone had any advice. What do you actually have to do when the pack comes out? Is it just a list of telephone numbers or do you have proper listings so you can see the rooms? We do know of a friend who is leaving this summer so her room will become free, wondering if we can get in touch with her and get a head start or do the landlords not let you do that? Any advice/help would be appreciated as I'm pretty sure the panic is the same no matter which College they go to!
If I was you I would use every advantage you have. If the friend you know likes the place they are at then get them to talk to the landlord / put you in touch. I would almost guarantee the landlord will be grateful to know the room is filled (Supposing they have set rents etc for next year)
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Munchpot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:47 pm
If I was you I would use every advantage you have. If the friend you know likes the place they are at then get them to talk to the landlord / put you in touch. I would almost guarantee the landlord will be grateful to know the room is filled (Supposing they have set rents etc for next year)
Well this is the dilemma as the friend says that people have much nicer houses, but her mum thinks it's nice. Not sure if it's just a young one being picky but it is only a 10 minute walk from Performers so am thinking that for this year it might be worth going for and then if she auditions and gets in next year she could always move. Wish I had a crystal ball, wouldn't we all in this business?
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Hi, my DD is at Bird, the pack for them was just a list of numbers, nothing more. There was a bit more info for the under 18's names ect. Details were very vague. DD befriend a couple on the freshers group and between them found a private tenancy which I helped with. You'll need a deposit and first months rent upfront but in the long run has worked out considerably cheaper than staying in halls. I did ring the numbers on the pack, but everywhere had already gone. If your Dd can get onto the freshers group and start arranging before hand this will definitely help you with a head start and reduce further stress.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am
Well this is the dilemma as the friend says that people have much nicer houses, but her mum thinks it's nice. Not sure if it's just a young one being picky but it is only a 10 minute walk from Performers so am thinking that for this year it might be worth going for and then if she auditions and gets in next year she could always move. Wish I had a crystal ball, wouldn't we all in this business?
To me, the key thing you've said above is - it' s a 10 minute walk - and that's a huge benefit - saving the cost of public transport etc

And I agree, if we all had crystal balls life would be so much easier!

Good luck
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Newbe2018 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi, my DD is at Bird, the pack for them was just a list of numbers, nothing more. There was a bit more info for the under 18's names ect. Details were very vague. DD befriend a couple on the freshers group and between them found a private tenancy which I helped with. You'll need a deposit and first months rent upfront but in the long run has worked out considerably cheaper than staying in halls. I did ring the numbers on the pack, but everywhere had already gone. If your Dd can get onto the freshers group and start arranging before hand this will definitely help you with a head start and reduce further stress.
I've just checked the pack we got for Bird and the landlord list had details of the rooms, the family and what was included, was quite comprehensive, and states what the minimum age is they will take
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:37 pm
BattlingPeanut wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Have PM’d you x
Not got it yet. I’ll keep looking.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Munchpot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:05 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am
To me, the key thing you've said above is - it' s a 10 minute walk - and that's a huge benefit - saving the cost of public transport etc

And I agree, if we all had crystal balls life would be so much easier!

Good luck
I agree that would be the best thing to do but try explaining that to an excited 17yr old ](*,)
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Munchpot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Newbe2018 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm

I've just checked the pack we got for Bird and the landlord list had details of the rooms, the family and what was included, was quite comprehensive, and states what the minimum age is they will take
We didn't receive ours until a few weeks after they came out, was via email, can't remember exactly, all seems like a whirl wind, there were details of rooms with families, remember reading these should be considered for students under 18, then the hall details were on there and a list of locate estate agents. I do remember thinking there wasn't a lot of choice, but maybe because we didn't receive until later??... But still a case of picking up the phone and ringing around. Everyone gets sorted in the end, Oo can I just say well done to everyone, been lovely reading everyone's updates Xx
MusicalBuddy
Nominee

Post by MusicalBuddy »

Hi I believe that there is a chance you can be offered for the other site (I read it somewhere!) but agree generally you get offered where you auditioned! Also to confirm as above my DS got an offer a week after his audition at Guildford😊 - I’m trying to find more out about it now - such as accommodation and so on - but not much on Italia Conti on this forum. He’s very pleased to have the place. Good luck to your DD.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

go for it wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 am
Belledancer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 pm Re Tricks and flexibility - my dd was never one to do tumbles etc at her auditions. She just did a lyrical piece with emotion for the one college that asked for a solo. She was offered a place at Performers Degree or Diploma (her choice and she had the UCAS points from her extended BTEC) after interview on the audition day by Tracey Lee - however went with her dream to Laine - that was the only audition where a solo was required.

Any Laine offers on here or is everyone waiting for DADA auditions ? Should have said her auditions were this time last year - is now in 1st year - its a hugely emotional up and down time and then the accommodation situation once they get their places is even more stressful - definately pounce on those housing/acommadation lists as soon as they come through for wheverever your talented DC are going as that becomes a big issue xx
Hi Belledancer, My DD was offered a DADA after her audition at Laines as well as one at Bird so has big decisions ahead. She is a strong singer as well as dancer. Can I ask you how your DD is finding the vocal training at Laines?
Hi Goforit and Belledancer - my DD was at Laine yesterday :) She really enjoyed the day and found it friendly relaxed and positive ! Laine does seem like a lovely college with fab training . Unfortunately should DD be offered a place I suspect it is unlikely to be a realistic option for us financially . It was however a lovely last audition experience for DD .

Congratulations to both your DDs , all others still auditioning ... and those looking for accommodation !
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Littleone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 pm
go for it wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 am
Belledancer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 pm Re Tricks and flexibility - my dd was never one to do tumbles etc at her auditions. She just did a lyrical piece with emotion for the one college that asked for a solo. She was offered a place at Performers Degree or Diploma (her choice and she had the UCAS points from her extended BTEC) after interview on the audition day by Tracey Lee - however went with her dream to Laine - that was the only audition where a solo was required.

Any Laine offers on here or is everyone waiting for DADA auditions ? Should have said her auditions were this time last year - is now in 1st year - its a hugely emotional up and down time and then the accommodation situation once they get their places is even more stressful - definately pounce on those housing/acommadation lists as soon as they come through for wheverever your talented DC are going as that becomes a big issue xx
Hi Belledancer, My DD was offered a DADA after her audition at Laines as well as one at Bird so has big decisions ahead. She is a strong singer as well as dancer. Can I ask you how your DD is finding the vocal training at Laines?
Hi Goforit and Belledancer - my DD was at Laine yesterday :) She really enjoyed the day and found it friendly relaxed and positive ! Laine does seem like a lovely college with fab training . Unfortunately should DD be offered a place I suspect it is unlikely to be a realistic option for us financially . It was however a lovely last audition experience for DD .

Congratulations to both your DDs , all others still auditioning ... and those looking for accommodation !
Good luck to your DD littleone, where else has she auditioned?