Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi all,

Ahh thank you all, really wise words as usual - DD is all good and looking forward to GSA and Mountview auditions in December :)

Will keep you posted - happy to share experiences if it helps anyone !

EDA, Urdang and Arts done .....

Lakeviewp congrats on the Urdang recall x
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Sorry to hear about recalls at Arts Ed Lakeviewp and Livvyvicky - my DD there on Tuesday !
Glad your DS enjoyed GSA Lakeviewp ( my DD there on same day) my DD said was very friendly audition and loved the experience but was surprised how small her group was though and bit worried that it was mainly boys. She is an alto belter and couldn't hit the top note during group warm up and was asked to try again so not sure if were looking for just sopranos on that day or if it will go against her ! Rest of audition went really well so fingers crossed as its her preferred school and was her first audition so hasn't experienced rejection yet! fingers crossed for your DS for a recall Lakeviewp and well done re Urdang!
Does anyone know what they do for lunch at Arts Ed audition? Not sure if she has to take food or wether snywhere on premises to buy sandwich, salad etc. Wishing best of luck to everyone for rest of auditions and fingers crossed for lots of good news :D
And thanks Rhymie for your positive words - really helps :D
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

I have applied for MA Musical Theatre courses and have four auditions coming up: GSA, Royal Welsh, Mountview and Royal Academy of Music.
For GSA, the audition requirements say that your songs should last no longer than 2 minutes so will they expect you to make cuts to the songs to get them under this time?

Thank you,
Eleanor
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Ellie8989899301 wrote:I have applied for MA Musical Theatre courses and have four auditions coming up: GSA, Royal Welsh, Mountview and Royal Academy of Music.
For GSA, the audition requirements say that your songs should last no longer than 2 minutes so will they expect you to make cuts to the songs to get them under this time?

Thank you,
Eleanor
Yes you need to have your sheet music cuts clearly marked for the accompanist . Good luck :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Lmum wrote:Glad your DS enjoyed GSA Lakeviewp ( my DD there on same day) my DD said was very friendly audition and loved the experience but was surprised how small her group was though and bit worried that it was mainly boys. She is an alto belter and couldn't hit the top note during group warm up and was asked to try again
DS was asked to do a couple of things again at GSA. To really sing to the back of the audience and to interpret differently. Think it was a positive as they were interested and testing how well he could adapt to instruction. Hopefully the same for your DD.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Thanks Scarytimes - think DD just worried and overthinking things as you do !
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Lmum wrote:Sorry to hear about recalls at Arts Ed Lakeviewp and Livvyvicky - my DD there on Tuesday !
Glad your DS enjoyed GSA Lakeviewp ( my DD there on same day) my DD said was very friendly audition and loved the experience but was surprised how small her group was though and bit worried that it was mainly boys. She is an alto belter and couldn't hit the top note during group warm up and was asked to try again so not sure if were looking for just sopranos on that day or if it will go against her ! Rest of audition went really well so fingers crossed as its her preferred school and was her first audition so hasn't experienced rejection yet! fingers crossed for your DS for a recall Lakeviewp and well done re Urdang!
Does anyone know what they do for lunch at Arts Ed audition? Not sure if she has to take food or wether snywhere on premises to buy sandwich, salad etc. Wishing best of luck to everyone for rest of auditions and fingers crossed for lots of good news :D
And thanks Rhymie for your positive words - really helps :D
Hi, mine just took lunch with them. I’m not sure they get that much time to eat so just took small snack size sandwiches etc to eat in between parts of audition day. Best of luck to your DD, it truly is an amazing place.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Thanks itsalongshot
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Ellie - I thought I read that GSA was 3 minutes ?

Can anyone confirm :D
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Livvyvicky wrote:Ellie - I thought I read that GSA was 3 minutes ?

Can anyone confirm :D
DS says ‘less than 3 minutes’

Good luck on Thursday!

Xx
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

I've just checked and for BA it is three minutes and for MA two minutes.
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Lmum wrote:Thanks itsalongshot
You are welcome
Please feel free to ask me any questions. My dc is 2nd year and loving it there.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Sadly a no for Dd from Arts Ed today :( - took it ok and thought she had performed well - sad tonight but said will put it down as another experience and move on to the next . Proud of how she coped with her first rejection , on to Mountview in December and Laban in January and still waiting to hear from GSA . Good luck to everyone else going through the process :D
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Lmum wrote:Sadly a no for Dd from Arts Ed today :( - took it ok and thought she had performed well - sad tonight but said will put it down as another experience and move on to the next . Proud of how she coped with her first rejection , on to Mountview in December and Laban in January and still waiting to hear from GSA . Good luck to everyone else going through the process :D
Sorry to hear that Lmum but yes onwards and upwards to the next one xx it makes you stronger (just not those first few days after when you’re a little bit gutted still) good luck to your DD - my son has done foundation at Mountview (LOVED EVERY MINUTE) and is currently at Trinity Laban - both great places, as is GSA so best of luck xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Lmum wrote:Sadly a no for Dd from Arts Ed today :( - took it ok and thought she had performed well - sad tonight but said will put it down as another experience and move on to the next . Proud of how she coped with her first rejection , on to Mountview in December and Laban in January and still waiting to hear from GSA . Good luck to everyone else going through the process :D
Its heartbreaking for them and you seeing them suffer x My dd was ok till her Laban rejection. To watch her crumble was so hard but as others have said the right place is out there at the right time. My dd chose to go to The Hammond instead of a foundation and she is so happy, Keep going we are all here for you x