Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lmum
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Lmum »

Thanks Marissa and Sherbert - glad to have people on NAPM to boost us back up again - don’t think I was quite prepared for how hard it is as a parent to see them coping with the rejection and trying to find the right things to say ( always difficult with a teenager at the best of times!) But I agree that I think it makes you stronger x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

It’s a hard one Lmum.
My DS didn’t get even a recall this week for the place he thought and hoped he was destined to go to, but got an offer from one he’s now excited to go to...weirdly there is something or someone looking out for them I truly believe it

The right place will snap her up x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

riverdancefan wrote:It’s a hard one Lmum.
My DS didn’t get even a recall this week for the place he thought and hoped he was destined to go to, but got an offer from one he’s now excited to go to...weirdly there is something or someone looking out for them I truly believe it

The right place will snap her up x
Totally agree After the stresses of going through it all I'm a great believer that the right college will choose your DS or DD

I do think that sometimes they have 'their dream destination' in their head and can't see themselves going anywhere else, then something happens and it all comes good and the place they place they didn't think they'd like turns out to be the ideal place for them

Stay strong
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Lmum wrote:Thanks Marissa and Sherbert - glad to have people on NAPM to boost us back up again - don’t think I was quite prepared for how hard it is as a parent to see them coping with the rejection and trying to find the right things to say ( always difficult with a teenager at the best of times!) But I agree that I think it makes you stronger x
Yes it is so hard wanting to hug them and make it all better when you can't. I absolutely hated the long days whilst DS was in audition, whiling away time but never being able to get my mind off it. Particularly for Arts Ed and Mountview as they were the two that did the cut or told you whether you were successful on the day. Not much better waiting for the email or post, but at least that can be handled in private whether good or bad news.

Thinking of you all!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Sorry to hear Lmum, it’s a funny old journey with lots of ups and downs along the way.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Scarytimes - I have been trying to find out about the Mountview auditions, you said they were told on the day or cut ?

All I could find is ...........

“We invite a limited number of candidates back for second round auditions. These include further workshops and panel auditions. Further details about recalls will be provided at your audition.”

Anyone been yet ?
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Livvyvicky audition requirements attached to my DD email says “Applicants will be informed of their result at the end of their audition day. Those who are successful will be invited to a recall audition.” So assume there all day with all 3 disciplines then cut at end of day for recalls after new year x
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Ahhh yes - thank you, printed it all out and gave it to dd, just looked again :D
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Livvyvicky wrote:Scarytimes - I have been trying to find out about the Mountview auditions, you said they were told on the day or cut ?

All I could find is ...........

“We invite a limited number of candidates back for second round auditions. These include further workshops and panel auditions. Further details about recalls will be provided at your audition.”

Anyone been yet ?
Yes that’s correct Lmum
My son did his foundation at mountview last year

On his audition day there were about 40-50 applicants
They were all there all day and then about 5.00-5.30pm ish they were told who would be recalled (which is a fair wait til April)
About 5 were recalled
Then at the April recall my son was offered the MT foundation
Hope that helps x
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

That’s a big help sherbet - thank you
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

My son did one of the regional Mountview auditions last year and they didn't find out if they were recalled on the day, but got an email a couple of days later. He didn't get a recall, but was invited to audition for the actor musician course instead.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Is anybody going to Guildhall tomorrow?
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Anyone heard from GSA?
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Livvyvicky wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:19 pm Anyone heard from GSA?
My DD heard yesterday unfortunately it was a no :( She took it hard as it was where she wants to go bit is ok today and Mountview next! . She was there on 15th so not sure if same day as your DD . Hopefully it’s good news for your DD if she hasn’t heard yet - might be updating no’s first. Fingers crossed for her !
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

afab wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 am Is anybody going to Guildhall tomorrow?
Good Luck, thats a hard one. movement and group improv games first and then individuals, one at a time. They will tell them at the end of the session of any at all have been recalled. Most sessions only 1 or 2 recalls and sometimes none. Fingers crossed. best tip I can give is "don't act" this is a weird tip! and they will redirect it constantly, even stopping partway through the monologue. They know what they want.