Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:34 pm Well that was a short wait - it was a no 😢. God I hate this rollercoaster.
Sorry to hear that :( the ups and downs of this process are so hard.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Thanks everyone for the support. He has a confirmed place at Trinity and Central and PPa auditions still to do - I know just to get the recall at Arts is an achievement - doesn’t make the no any easier thought.

Good luck to everyone still ‘in the process’.
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Hi I'm new to this forum but have been following for a while. My DD also at the end of auditions. Sorry to hear about the no from Artsed but congratulations to your son for the recall and other places offered. It is a roller coaster though isn't it! Good luck for the rest.
Has anyone on the Reserve list at GSA been offered places yet? My DD did the second final audition in December and was placed on the reserve list. Any idea when and If the reserve list starts to move?
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

go for it wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 am Hi I'm new to this forum but have been following for a while. My DD also at the end of auditions. Sorry to hear about the no from Artsed but congratulations to your son for the recall and other places offered. It is a roller coaster though isn't it! Good luck for the rest.
Has anyone on the Reserve list at GSA been offered places yet? My DD did the second final audition in December and was placed on the reserve list. Any idea when and If the reserve list starts to move?
Well done to your DD - I think after mountview recalls end of April things move a bit and some students rely on dadas etc which might not happen so can be anytime through the summer really right up until August ](*,) xx
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Thank you Sherbert, she really liked GSA but fortunately has had other offers.I guess we accept and then wait and see.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

DD has her GSA recall tomorrow. Husband is taking her this time which I think DD prefers as he is very laid back about the whole thing. Not sure when she will hear but last year at the recall she didn’t get an interview and later got a rejection through UCAS. Who knows what will happen this year but I think DD is more nervous for this one out of all her auditions so far.

Next week the Foundation students finish their Arts Ed auditions so she will know the outcome of 2 big ones very soon. After that there is only her Mountview recall to do in April.

Good luck for the final auditions/reserve lists!
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Good luck to your DD Felicity :) .. hope it goes well !!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 pm DD has her GSA recall tomorrow. Husband is taking her this time which I think DD prefers as he is very laid back about the whole thing. Not sure when she will hear but last year at the recall she didn’t get an interview and later got a rejection through UCAS. Who knows what will happen this year but I think DD is more nervous for this one out of all her auditions so far.

Next week the Foundation students finish their Arts Ed auditions so she will know the outcome of 2 big ones very soon. After that there is only her Mountview recall to do in April.

Wishing her all the best tomorrow Felicity. Important few weeks!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Felicity wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 pm DD has her GSA recall tomorrow. Husband is taking her this time which I think DD prefers as he is very laid back about the whole thing. Not sure when she will hear but last year at the recall she didn’t get an interview and later got a rejection through UCAS. Who knows what will happen this year but I think DD is more nervous for this one out of all her auditions so far.

Best of luck to your daughter Felicity xx
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Scarytimes wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:35 am

Good luck to your daughter Felicity, do you know if its the last week of auditions at Artsed?
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Very best of luck to your DD on her recalls - hopefully she will get a place at one of them.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

go for it wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 am
Scarytimes wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:35 am

Good luck to your daughter Felicity, do you know if its the last week of auditions at Artsed?
Artsed last auditions are on 11/12 April I think.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Does anybody has information about the BA Hons in European Theatre Arts from Rose Bruford. DD has been offered to audition for it and we'd like to know as much as we can about it...
Thanks
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

The Arts Ed auditions are carrying on for at least the next two weeks. DD has hers the week after next.
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Nickinoo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:55 pm The Arts Ed auditions are carrying on for at least the next two weeks. DD has hers the week after next.
Thank you Nickinoo and Sailorgirl,my DD has been waiting for the results of her audition for 2 weeks and wondered how long they might keep her waiting.