Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Felicity wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm Congrats to all those with DC getting offers through!

We are second time round as DD is on the Foundation at Arts Ed (which she loves) but has only just started auditioning again for BA courses. She’s got a couple of offers so far, including a degree offer at Urdang made without recall after her audition last week. She was shocked, as although the singing, acting and ballet class went really well, she felt she wasn’t good enough compared to others in the jazz class (which in her audition was more of a commercial style). DD’s singing is her strongest asset so maybe they were on the look out for a particular style? I am so pleased for her. She has worked so hard this year to improve in dance and it has paid off. She still has GSA recall, Mountview and Arts Ed to do so will wait before deciding. She is probably going to cancel a couple of other auditions she had booked. Not sure if audition fees are refundable at all?
Does anyone have a DC doing the degree at Urdang who has any advice / tips?
That is absolutely brilliant news!!! Well done to your DD, a fabulous result! x
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Well done for the offers fantastic news \:D/
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Well done for all the offers coming through! \:D/ :D It felt like it had gone quiet on here!

Well done Felicity for your DDs offer from Urdang - I’ll pm you some contacts who are in the 3rd year of the BA course there. They have had a great 3 years!
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

So DD has been shortlisted for the MT course at RCS.

Apparently they don’t offer firm places until they finish all of the final round recalls which are due to complete in the next few weeks. So at this point it’s either a no or a maybe!

It’s an amazing achievement considering the competition but this happened last year and she didn’t get any further. Keeping everything crossed for some definite news in a few weeks time.

Congratulations to all the DCs who have places offered already! Amazing achievements!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Nickinoo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:04 pm So DD has been shortlisted for the MT course at RCS.
Apparently they don’t offer firm places until they finish all of the final round recalls which are due to complete in the next few weeks. So at this point it’s either a no or a maybe!
We still have everything crossed for her. I’m a bit confused though - has she done her final round recall in Scotland then?

Are there any others she is going for this year?
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Scarytimes wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Nickinoo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:04 pm So DD has been shortlisted for the MT course at RCS.
We still have everything crossed for her. I’m a bit confused though - has she done her final round recall in Scotland then?

Are there any others she is going for this year?
Yes she did the final round the weekend before last and felt it went well. But RCS do about 6 final round auditions in groups of 15 and they haven’t finished them all yet.

She has first round GSA, Central and Arts Ed in March and April and has an automatic recall to Mountview in April as she got to the final round last year. Auditioning rather late this year as her voice was not good until a few weeks ago.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Nickinoo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:04 pm
Yes she did the final round the weekend before last and felt it went well. But RCS do about 6 final round auditions in groups of 15 and they haven’t finished them all yet.

She has first round GSA, Central and Arts Ed in March and April and has an automatic recall to Mountview in April as she got to the final round last year. Auditioning rather late this year as her voice was not good until a few weeks ago.
They really like to make them wait don't they. Do let us know how all the others go - I think going late is no bad thing. makes the whole process shorter if nothing else! Wishing her every success this year - she was so close last year, something has got to give this time [-o< [-o< [-o<
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Felicity wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm Congrats to all those with DC getting offers through!

We are second time round as DD is on the Foundation at Arts Ed (which she loves) but has only just started auditioning again for BA courses. She’s got a couple of offers so far, including a degree offer at Urdang made without recall after her audition last week. She was shocked, as although the singing, acting and ballet class went really well, she felt she wasn’t good enough compared to others in the jazz class (which in her audition was more of a commercial style). DD’s singing is her strongest asset so maybe they were on the look out for a particular style? I am so pleased for her. She has worked so hard this year to improve in dance and it has paid off. She still has GSA recall, Mountview and Arts Ed to do so will wait before deciding. She is probably going to cancel a couple of other auditions she had booked. Not sure if audition fees are refundable at all?
Does anyone have a DC doing the degree at Urdang who has any advice / tips?
That is absolutely brilliant news!!! Well done to your DD, a fabulous result! x
Amazing result, very well done. I have pm you.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Congratulations to all those with Offers - definite or otherwise ! I have to say I do admire especially all those who are doing the audition rounds a 2nd time - Not sure I could handle that ! :roll:

Felicity My DD has also been v lucky to have been offered Degree at Urdang without recall :D ... although we haven't yet had an 'offer letter' but her UCAS track has been updated. Have you received anything in the post ? Am not sure whether to expect a letter or email ?

Also does anyone who has done degree know if Urdang are at all flexible on results day ? ... DD 'should' achieve the points required .... but nothing is ever certain :?

Thankyou and good luck to all for remaining auditions !
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Huge well done to everyone with offers and/or going through this gruelling audition process! What resilience! There must be a lot of movement from reserve lists quite late on. DDs friend was offered Urdang and Performers on the day during her interview and has three other offers too - so several places will become free but she's holding on for as long as she can til she knows about accommodation etc plus she has one more audition and one recall - both higher on her personal list. No idea how it works through UCAS and whether you can hold on to multiple offers but a few people's day will be brightened soon! Good luck with this journey everyone! It all seems to work out in the end! :)
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

amo185 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:41 pm Huge well done to everyone with offers and/or going through this gruelling audition process! What resilience! There must be a lot of movement from reserve lists quite late on. DDs friend was offered Urdang and Performers on the day during her interview and has three other offers too - so several places will become free but she's holding on for as long as she can til she knows about accommodation etc plus she has one more audition and one recall - both higher on her personal list. No idea how it works through UCAS and whether you can hold on to multiple offers but a few people's day will be brightened soon! Good luck with this journey everyone! It all seems to work out in the end! :)
Well done on everyone with offers. Just to say the reserve lists do not usually start to move until all auditions are over which is around May once the current year foundation students have auditioned.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Littleone wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:50 pm Congratulations to all those with Offers - definite or otherwise ! I have to say I do admire especially all those who are doing the audition rounds a 2nd time - Not sure I could handle that ! :roll:

Felicity My DD has also been v lucky to have been offered Degree at Urdang without recall :D ... although we haven't yet had an 'offer letter' but her UCAS track has been updated. Have you received anything in the post ? Am not sure whether to expect a letter or email ?

Also does anyone who has done degree know if Urdang are at all flexible on results day ? ... DD 'should' achieve the points required .... but nothing is ever certain :?

Thankyou and good luck to all for remaining auditions !
Congrats too! Is Urdang her first choice and has she accepted already?

DD had an email through from Urdang the same day as the phone call but nothing else so far. She didn’t apply to Urdang last year so we are not sure what to expect. Do you have to accept within a certain time?

I don’t know about flexibility on results day as DD already has her A-levels.

Thanks to all for your good wishes. It’s been an “interesting” 2 years as DD turned down 2 BA offers last year in favour of the Arts Ed Foundation with the aim this year of securing one of her personal top three. Phew 😅
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi Felicity

Thanks :D .. Yes Urdang is currently her top choice ! but she still has a couple more to do. I believe that Urdang send out 'Offer letters" but these have been delayed ( I rang end of Jan and was told end of Feb ) As we haven't received one my daughter hasn't had to 'accept' anything yet apart from when we replied to the email offer shortly after her audition . On UCAS I think you wait until you have heard from all your choices before accepting/confirming your first and ? Insurance choice ? .. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this..... seems to me a bit odd to keep an 'insurance place' at one of these popular colleges right up until A level results day ?

How insightful and 'brave' of your daughter to go with the Foundation last year :D ..... and what a good decision !! Very well done to her !

( sorry would have 'quoted' but can't work out how :roll: )
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

So pleased your journeys found it’s happy ending Felicity and others!!! It’s great to see how everyone’s journey is going xxx Congratulations all and Goodluck to all waiting!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Littleone wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:46 am As we haven't received one my daughter hasn't had to 'accept' anything yet apart from when we replied to the email offer shortly after her audition . On UCAS I think you wait until you have heard from all your choices before accepting/confirming your first and ? Insurance choice ? .. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this..... seems to me a bit odd to keep an 'insurance place' at one of these popular colleges right up until A level results day?
Yes you are right about UCAS. Last year Urdang seemed to have the opposite problem. Letters to sign very quickly but Anglia Ruskin took ages to update UCAS. DS held them as his insurance choice until results day - I know what you mean though, standard uni process is completely at odd with the drama school process Which encourages early decisions to free up places