Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Disco_Dad
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Disco_Dad »

icantdance wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 am Thanks for all the helpful responses. Sadly DS has withdrawn from Bird after 4 weeks torturing himself because after his GCSE results he realised that however much he wants to do MT he just wasn't ready to leave home. He's only just told them so one lucky DC will get the call today!! Congratulations whoever you are. DS will be back auditioning in 2 years though, and Bird were really lovely about it!
The most important thing is that your DS is happy, there will be plenty of other opportunities available to him when he's ready to take them I'm sure.

It is a big step to take but hes clearly shown great maturity in his decision making process which will only serve him well in the future.

Good luck to him and whoever is fortunate enough to benefit from his decision 👍
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Ah.. sorry hear this Icantdance ....However I completely agree with Disco Dad . Your DS has time on his side and am sure will be ready to thrive at college in 2 years time :D And you get to keep him at home for a while longer !
DD is moving to London tomorrow - she's v apprehensive and certainly wouldn't have been ready to go at 16 !
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Thanks Disco Dad and Littleone. It's been a horrible 4 weeks but fingers crossed he gets offers in 2 years time. He does a lot of dance, and goes to CAT so theoretically he will. Yes, I get him for 2 more years which is nice. I know how difficult it is for everybody on waiting lists so I feel quite guilty but at least you can understand last minute offers and at least somebody else gets to go to Bird! I'll be on the "Auditioning for Sept 2021" forum! Good luck to your DD x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

icantdance wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:34 pm Thanks Disco Dad and Littleone. It's been a horrible 4 weeks but fingers crossed he gets offers in 2 years time. He does a lot of dance, and goes to CAT so theoretically he will. Yes, I get him for 2 more years which is nice. I know how difficult it is for everybody on waiting lists so I feel quite guilty but at least you can understand last minute offers and at least somebody else gets to go to Bird! I'll be on the "Auditioning for Sept 2021" forum! Good luck to your DD x
I really feel for him and so glad he has made the right decision for him - how mature and grown up is he?! It is a huge step leaving home (even though he was going to live with grandparents). It's not an easy industry to be in and can be tough mentally and physically. I am sure if he's good enough to go now he'll be more than good enough to go in 2 years time, just keep up the dancing. He'll be more mature, have more life experience and be ready to show them what he's made of! Good luck to him over the next couple of years, has he thought what he's going to do now? x
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

icantdance wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 am Thanks for all the helpful responses. Sadly DS has withdrawn from Bird after 4 weeks torturing himself because after his GCSE results he realised that however much he wants to do MT he just wasn't ready to leave home. He's only just told them so one lucky DC will get the call today!! Congratulations whoever you are. DS will be back auditioning in 2 years though, and Bird were really lovely about it!
I have sent you a pm but just wanted to reiterate what the others have said in that there’s no rush, and what’s right for one isn’t for another.
They are all on their own journeys and with hard work and commitment will all succeed i’m sure.
Wishing him all the luck in the world in his next step!!
My DD moving out tomorrow, I can’t actually believe the day has arrived. I, no doubt will be an emotional wreck but just trust that she’s ready and raring to go.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Disco-dad has hit the nail on the head

Your son has shown great maturity in making the decision and I'm sure it'll all work out in 2 years' time

It's better that he made the decision now rather than 4 weeks into term and I'm glad Bird were so understanding

Good luck you your Son and good luck to everyone whose Dc's are moving away from home to pursue their dreams.
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

icantdance I’ve sent you a pm!
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:52 pm
icantdance wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:34 pm Thanks Disco Dad and Littleone. It's been a horrible 4 weeks but fingers crossed he gets offers in 2 years time. He does a lot of dance, and goes to CAT so theoretically he will. Yes, I get him for 2 more years which is nice. I know how difficult it is for everybody on waiting lists so I feel quite guilty but at least you can understand last minute offers and at least somebody else gets to go to Bird! I'll be on the "Auditioning for Sept 2021" forum! Good luck to your DD x
I really feel for him and so glad he has made the right decision for him - how mature and grown up is he?! It is a huge step leaving home (even though he was going to live with grandparents). It's not an easy industry to be in and can be tough mentally and physically. I am sure if he's good enough to go now he'll be more than good enough to go in 2 years time, just keep up the dancing. He'll be more mature, have more life experience and be ready to show them what he's made of! Good luck to him over the next couple of years, has he thought what he's going to do now? x
Thank you. Yes, he's going to stay and do A levels - one of which is dance! He's pretty academic so A levels were always an option and I guess if it all goes pear shaped then at least he'll have them. Bird actually said to him that if he was good enough at 16 they're pretty sure he'll be offered a place at 18 and Tanya was really lovely to him. I think that helped him a lot! At least hopefully in 2 years it should be a case of which college to go to rather than what to actually do!!! x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

What a wonderful, sensible lad you have there!
Feel very proud of him and I don’t even know him :lol:

I totally agree he’s only going to get better and stronger in his field - he’ll be ready I’m sure and smash the auditions in 2 years time!
Good luck to him xxx
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Sherbert wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 pm What a wonderful, sensible lad you have there!
Feel very proud of him and I don’t even know him :lol:

I totally agree he’s only going to get better and stronger in his field - he’ll be ready I’m sure and smash the auditions in 2 years time!
Good luck to him xxx
Thanks Sherbert xx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Good luck to everyone starting at Urdang today :D
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

becmum wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm
I have sent you a pm but just wanted to reiterate what the others have said in that there’s no rush, and what’s right for one isn’t for another.
They are all on their own journeys and with hard work and commitment will all succeed i’m sure.
Wishing him all the luck in the world in his next step!!
My DD moving out tomorrow, I can’t actually believe the day has arrived. I, no doubt will be an emotional wreck but just trust that she’s ready and raring to go.
I'm sure he has made the right decision for him. Bird take a lot of 18 year olds as do many of the other colleges.

Despite loving Bird Summer School (& her Dad used to teach there) dd decided that she too was not ready to leave home and go to London or the surrounding areas aged 16 and she also wanted to do A levels so she decided not to audition at any ofg those colleges. It is all working out for the best because at Hammond she is close enough to home for comfort and she can do A levels as well as her diploma.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Munchpot wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:07 am Good luck to everyone starting at Urdang today :D
Thankyou Munchpot on behalf of DD ... who is more than a little apprehensive : :o
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Hi I cant dance
My dc made the same decision at 16 ,was offered a scholarship place at italia but decided wasn't ready and went to local college to do A levels. Now I cant believe in final year at dream school after being offered 4 places at 4 schools at age 18. so proud of dc .
Your DS has made the best decision for themselves and they will be totally ready at 18 to get the most out of it. These two years will fly and they will go off at 18 happier and stronger.
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well and for anyone's DC I hope the settling in stage is going smoothly! Just an update for anyone still waiting to hear from Bird. DDs friend was told at the start of the summer that she was on the middle of the reserve for both diploma and degree and that it was unlikely however yesterday she got offered a place on their Diploma course which is excellent! So for any of you still holding out, dont worry as there is still time and seems to still be movement even in the final week, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear, thinking of you all!