Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by islandofsodor »

lawn wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 pm
islandofsodor wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:57 pm Have Tring got their funding back after their admin error 3 years ago then? I know they were hoping too.
Sorry, know you posted this a couple of months ago. I've been out of the loop for a while (long story). My understanding is no, they haven't. Friend of DD's offerred an MT place there for September, but scholarship offered by school not large enough to send and told they didn't do dadas.

If this has been the situation for a few years now, maybe this is the last year affected. Might be useful for some people to know if this is the case.
The Dada's have never been available for the Tring MT course as its a Level 3 course rather than the Level 6 Trinity Diploma. The DaDa at Tring was only for the Dance course. It's not clear when they will be eligible again though.
Rince
Nominee

Post by Rince »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:34 am
Rince wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm Hi desperately looking for accommodation for Performers, anyone have any ideas?
Is your DC in the facebook private chat? I know people keep adding things in there as my daughter is in it but a few are struggling and are definitely now having to look further afield, quite a few seem to be living in Basildon. We were SO lucky with my DD, she is a pre-voc so found out early, we still struggled to find somewhere but 2 weeks after the list came out a landlord rang me back to say a room had come free in a house. So it is also worth leaving your details with people even if they say they are full as someone could maybe pull out if they are offered a degree elsewhere last minute.

As mentioned above too, details are put on the freshman page by the college so worth being on there too. I think accommodation was more stressful than the auditions!

Good luck xx
Yes although wasn't too active on it ...but is now!!! A couple of possibilities have come up so fingers crossed one will work out, Thanks for the advice. I will sure be glad when it's all sorted😂
Disco_Dad
Nominee

Post by Disco_Dad »

Does anyone think things may start to move/change when A-Level results come out this week?

Doesn't seem to be much happening but still sounds like some people are holding onto more than one offer!

Interested to know peoples views and previous experiences
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi Disco Dad

It seems that the reserve lists have been pretty static this year which by all accounts is a bit unusual ! .... with regard to movement on results day I would guess that depends on how flexible the colleges are with regard to their grade requirements which seems to be a bit of an 'unknown'.... Hopefully there are those holding more than one offer and things will move after Thursday ! :D
Flyingsaucer
Nominee

Post by Flyingsaucer »

Hi. Does any one have a DC who has stayed at Macmillan Student Village at Trinity Laban ? My dc does have a space next year but only in the 230/week studios ?
Any suggestions on what she should do and what Macmillan is like as I have read mixed reviews
Fortunately she could commute initially
so can wait rather a little until a room frees up at Macmillan or private house.
Thank you
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Good luck to all of those waiting on results tomorrow and well done to all those who received Btec results today xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yes Goodluck everyone for tomorrows results x I still remember the night before results last year xxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 pm Yes Goodluck everyone for tomorrows results x I still remember the night before results last year xxx
Yes good luck everyone. I didn’t sleep much the night before A levels last year! Hope all DCs here get what they need and deserve. It’s tough doing that and auditioning!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Fingers crossed for you all. I still come out in a cold sweat at the memory of it all
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Good luck to all the A level DCs!! Hope you all get what you need for your next step 🍀👍
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thanks all for Good Luck wishes :D
Not the best night's sleep last night .... but so happy to say that DD had her place at Urdang confirmed this morning :D
So pleased and relieved !
Good luck and very best wishes to all still waiting for places xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yeh! Congratulations!!!!
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Congratulations Littleone! Well done DD xx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Littleone wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 am Thanks all for Good Luck wishes :D
Not the best night's sleep last night .... but so happy to say that DD had her place at Urdang confirmed this morning :D
Congratulations to your DD
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Littleone wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 am Thanks all for Good Luck wishes :D
Fantastic, congratulations 🥂