Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm Lots of news on here :D
Congratulations to your DD Go for it =D> and also to your son Sailorgirluae...sorry to hear of his disappointment but great he now knows where he's heading !
Congratulations to your DD also Phoenix. We are still waiting for news form Performers after my daughter auditioned for the degree in early Feb .. so suspecting an offer will not be forthcoming. Fortunately she has degree offers from Urdang and LIPA and I expect they will be her 'firm' and insurance' on UCAS. Of course in order to go to either she has to get the required number of UCAS points .... for DD this is 'doable' but not a certainty 8) ........Does anyone with experience of degree at either know if there is ever any flexibility on points required ?

Thanks in advance !
With regards to Performers, my DD and her friends all found out within 3 days of the audition by letter so if this is somewhere your DD wants to go I would give them a ring as it may have been lost in the post. This happened with Bird for us, DD rang up a week after everyone else has received their letters and hers had been sent out but not received so they emailed it to her instead.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

go for it wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm
Felicity wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 pm
go for it wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 pm So my DD had an offer from GSA MT degree course today from the reserve list so things are starting to move. Had thought she would have to wait longer. Now she's totally confused!
Good luck to all who are on reserve lists.
Ooh many congratulations to your DD =D>
She has quite a dilemma now! Does she have a strong preference?
Thank you Felicity, It will be between GSA and Laines at the moment.Have pm'd you.
DS has same choices last year and spent weeks agonising. PM me if you like
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 pm
Scarytimes wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 am
sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 am

Hi Scarytimes - he has accepted his Trinity offer so he's going to go there. Im sure UCAS will catch up for his Central application :-(. As we say - things happened for a reasons and I am sure once he gets to Trinity he will be more than happy and its in a great part of London.
Of course! I’d forgotten about Trinity. He’ll love it!!!
Thanks to you and everyone for their words of Wisdom. The good news is I will be much closer to him very soon as we are coming back as I have a job at Gatwick 😊
Perfect! X
Also..like kittykatty says...there’s still time for central - you never know ;) x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 pm
Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm Lots of news on here :D
Congratulations to your DD Go for it =D> and also to your son Sailorgirluae...sorry to hear of his disappointment but great he now knows where he's heading !
Congratulations to your DD also Phoenix. We are still waiting for news form Performers after my daughter auditioned for the degree in early Feb .. so suspecting an offer will not be forthcoming. Fortunately she has degree offers from Urdang and LIPA and I expect they will be her 'firm' and insurance' on UCAS. Of course in order to go to either she has to get the required number of UCAS points .... for DD this is 'doable' but not a certainty 8) ........Does anyone with experience of degree at either know if there is ever any flexibility on points required ?

Thanks in advance !
With regards to Performers, my DD and her friends all found out within 3 days of the audition by letter so if this is somewhere your DD wants to go I would give them a ring as it may have been lost in the post. This happened with Bird for us, DD rang up a week after everyone else has received their letters and hers had been sent out but not received so they emailed it to her instead.
Thankyou MygirlsloveMT :D .....My daughter did receive a letter a few days after her audition at Performers ..it confirmed what had been said on the audition day itself that we would be informed of the outcome of the audition at the end of March when all auditions had been completed. The letter also offered my daughter a place on the Pre-vocational course ... but as she really wanted degree she didn't take this up. I actually rang Performers today and spoke to a lady who said everyone was off for the Easter break.. but she thought they might send out some letters next week ? I think as time has gone on my daughter has become quite set on her other offers....I was just hoping that we would know exactly which options were open to her before she made any decisions - although maybe another option would make the decision even more difficult ? :)

From reading this thread there a number of DDs/DSs have very tricky decisions to make ! Good luck to everyone with it all !
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Scarytimes wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 pm
go for it wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm
Felicity wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Ooh many congratulations to your DD =D>
She has quite a dilemma now! Does she have a strong preference?
Thank you Felicity, It will be between GSA and Laines at the moment.Have pm'd you.
DS has same choices last year and spent weeks agonising. PM me if you like
Thanks Scarytimes will PM you.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

kittykatty wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:02 am so it looks like no news is 'not good news' for DS for Central - looks like recalls have been offered and he didn't get an email :-(. He is pretty down at the minute as didn't get one of the schools he really wanted. Trying to explain that there are 100's if not 1000's out there with no offer at all. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck for those on wait lists.
DD auditioned 26th March as well and has just got a recall email through (3 weeks later). In the original audition invite it says they would be notified by 18th April so I'd give it a couple more days before writing it off because you never know. They seem to have recalls up to 1st May so he may get recalled for a later one. Good luck.

Thanks for the info - will keep an eye on his email.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Thankyou MygirlsloveMT :D .....My daughter did receive a letter a few days after her audition at Performers ..it confirmed what had been said on the audition day itself that we would be informed of the outcome of the audition at the end of March when all auditions had been completed. The letter also offered my daughter a place on the Pre-vocational course ... but as she really wanted degree she didn't take this up. I actually rang Performers today and spoke to a lady who said everyone was off for the Easter break.. but she thought they might send out some letters next week ? I think as time has gone on my daughter has become quite set on her other offers....I was just hoping that we would know exactly which options were open to her before she made any decisions - although maybe another option would make the decision even more difficult ? :)

From reading this thread there a number of DDs/DSs have very tricky decisions to make ! Good luck to everyone with it all !
[/quote]

Yes, I do think sometimes too much choice is not good, it’s hard enough as it is. My daughter only had to choose between Foundation at Performers and Bird though, unfortunately no degree offers this year but keeping everything crossed that she’ll improve enough at Performers this year to get something in 2020. We’ll done to your DD on receiving degree offers, through this process we have learnt how lucky our DD has been to even get a Foundation course so to achieve multiple degree offers is amazing.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 pm Thankyou MygirlsloveMT :D .....My daughter did receive a letter a few days after her audition at Performers ..it confirmed what had been said on the audition day itself that we would be informed of the outcome of the audition at the end of March when all auditions had been completed. The letter also offered my daughter a place on the Pre-vocational course ... but as she really wanted degree she didn't take this up. I actually rang Performers today and spoke to a lady who said everyone was off for the Easter break.. but she thought they might send out some letters next week ? I think as time has gone on my daughter has become quite set on her other offers....I was just hoping that we would know exactly which options were open to her before she made any decisions - although maybe another option would make the decision even more difficult ? :)

Yes, I do think sometimes too much choice is not good, it’s hard enough as it is. My daughter only had to choose between Foundation at Performers and Bird though, unfortunately no degree offers this year but keeping everything crossed that she’ll improve enough at Performers this year to get something in 2020. We’ll done to your DD on receiving degree offers, through this process we have learnt how lucky our DD has been to even get a Foundation course so to achieve multiple degree offers is amazing.
[/quote]
Thankyou MygirlsloveMT :D ... my daughter has been very fortunate and we are thrilled for her to have received the offers she has. I do wonder though how prepared she will feel in September having been to her local 6th form and also not having done any acting (she's done some singing but never on stage in front of anyone !) I am sure that a foundation/pre-vocational year will prepare your daughter in all areas and she will be fully ready to embark on a 3 year course next year :D
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

[/quote]
Thankyou MygirlsloveMT :D ... my daughter has been very fortunate and we are thrilled for her to have received the offers she has. I do wonder though how prepared she will feel in September having been to her local 6th form and also not having done any acting (she's done some singing but never on stage in front of anyone !) I am sure that a foundation/pre-vocational year will prepare your daughter in all areas and she will be fully ready to embark on a 3 year course next year :D
[/quote]

Sounds like my daughter, just finishing 6th form, only did drama to GCSE level, has singing lessons but never sung in public so I know the pre-voc is the right thing for her. Just very expensive and not wanting her to have wasted her grandad’s inheritance for nothing, very scary!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

In case it helps anyone else. Rose Bruford reserve moved to offer a couple of days later so all good and offer movement going on everywhere so if you are waiting take hope. It's a relative so we are all happy.
bumble-bee
Nominee

Post by bumble-bee »

Robin64 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am In case it helps anyone else. Rose Bruford reserve moved to offer a couple of days later so all good and offer movement going on everywhere so if you are waiting take hope. It's a relative so we are all happy.
Sorry Robin as I don’t come on here much I’ve only just seen your message about Rose Bruford I wouldn’t have been much help really as my son was offered a straight ba acting place at brufords at the time along with a straight place on ba acting at Gsa, so wouldn’t have known what the reserve lists were like. I know about Royal Welsh as he was waiting on that one, they only keep 5 people on the list and if he had got the offer would’ve taken it. But Rose Bruford was definitely the right place for him now in 3rd year soon to be graduating it’s been amazing! Coming from the brit sch straight there it felt similar lots of younger students. So congrats to your relative he/ she will have a great time, they have their own halls for 1st years which are really lovely with en-suites in each room. Freshers week will be full on so tell him/ her to take it easy lol! Congrats again & let me know if you want to know anything else about Brufords! 😊
bumble-bee
Nominee

Post by bumble-bee »

afab wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm While we're on Rose Bruford, anyone has experience with their European or American Theatre arts degrees?
Afab -choose ATA over ETA if you do have a choice? My ds in 3rd year ba acting and said ATA is much better. Feel free to Pm me.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Thanks a lot, Bumblebee! Still waiting to hear from the school. I will PM you if DD has questions.
bumble-bee
Nominee

Post by bumble-bee »

No worries Afab hope she hears from the sch soon :-)
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

bumble-bee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Robin64 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am In case it helps anyone else. Rose Bruford reserve moved to offer a couple of days later so all good and offer movement going on everywhere so if you are waiting take hope. It's a relative so we are all happy.
Sorry Robin as I don’t come on here much I’ve only just seen your message about Rose Bruford I wouldn’t have been much help really as my son was offered a straight ba acting place at brufords at the time along with a straight place on ba acting at Gsa, so wouldn’t have known what the reserve lists were like. I know about Royal Welsh as he was waiting on that one, they only keep 5 people on the list and if he had got the offer would’ve taken it. But Rose Bruford was definitely the right place for him now in 3rd year soon to be graduating it’s been amazing! Coming from the brit sch straight there it felt similar lots of younger students. So congrats to your relative he/ she will have a great time, they have their own halls for 1st years which are really lovely with en-suites in each room. Freshers week will be full on so tell him/ her to take it easy lol! Congrats again & let me know if you want to know anything else about Brufords! 😊
Thanks that's great! It's a he - my nephew and he was at Brit too. My DD is at Bird so we are pleased - Sidcup crew! He will probably flat share although RB halls are really great. He has made a few contacts already through staying with my DD as she knows people from RB. So happy it's worked out for him. Do you have any info on acting v actor musician courses by any chance?