Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lynne
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by lynne »

I think you need to go to the open day for that but not 100% sure.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

2leftfeetmyself wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 am anyone accompanying their dc Trinity Laban auditions ? Is their parent tours/talk?
Last year we just were sat in their cafe x A couple of students came down and talked to us and one walked us around the area.
DebbieDOos
Nominee

Post by DebbieDOos »

My DD was at Trinity Laban auditions Tuesday. She never got a tour but others did - it depends on the groups. At 10.30 half of the BA auditiones went back to cafe to wait 90 minutes (that was when students went round asking if anyone wanted tour). My daughter was in a group that did not break til 1. Which group does not impact if you were recalled. They did a cut at 1 and recalls until about 3.45. But those waiting after lunch never got offered a tour (well no one asked us but it may have been availabile )
Lovely place. It is now the waiting game
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Littleone wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 pm Hope it went well at Bird Battling Peanut :D ... My DD was at Performers today - so we're also waiting :o
Thankyou! Good luck to your DD. Hope your daughter doesn’t have long to wait for good news! X
Have you heard anything back yet Battling Peanut, my daughter is waiting to hear back too! x
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:00 pm
BattlingPeanut wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Littleone wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 pm Hope it went well at Bird Battling Peanut :D ... My DD was at Performers today - so we're also waiting :o
Thankyou! Good luck to your DD. Hope your daughter doesn’t have long to wait for good news! X
Have you heard anything back yet Battling Peanut, my daughter is waiting to hear back too! x
No. Nothing yet. ](*,) Are you waiting to hear from Bird too? How did she get on at Performers?
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi
Am getting confused by the multiple quotes ! :roll: :D

Did your DD audition at Bird or Performers or both Kingsway Queen ? :D

We had a letter from Performers on Thursday which says they will let us know if DD has a place on degree after all the auditions have been completed a the end of March so all good :-)

DD is also on reserve list for degree at Bird ! ... I think we heard about that about 2w after her audition - so would have thought you might hear whites week Battling Peanut .

Good luck to all still waiting !!

xx
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

*This week !! .. not sure where the 'whites' came from :roll:
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Littleone wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 pm Hi
Am getting confused by the multiple quotes ! :roll: :D

Did your DD audition at Bird or Performers or both Kingsway Queen ? :D

We had a letter from Performers on Thursday which says they will let us know if DD has a place on degree after all the auditions have been completed a the end of March so all good :-)

DD is also on reserve list for degree at Bird ! ... I think we heard about that about 2w after her audition - so would have thought you might hear whites week Battling Peanut .

Good luck to all still waiting !!

xx
Sorry, she auditioned for BIRD the same week as Battling Peanut. She got offered the Foundation at BIRD last year but decided to have a year out and try again this year. She's also auditioned at Chichester (triple threat) which she's been offered a place for, got a recall for Arden, and is still waiting to audition for GSA and Italia Conti. So at least she knows she's going somewhere, it's so hard to know what's the right thing. I wish I'd known about this forum last year, it would have helped us (well me!) so much, it seems taking a year out can be a good thing x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Littleone wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:49 pm *This week !! .. not sure where the 'whites' came from :roll:
Aw well done to your daughter getting on the reserve list Littleone! x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

I completely agree re the Forum Kingswayqueen :D ...It has been so useful especially the 'auditioning for 2018 thread' which shows the 'whole journey' - I am so grateful to everyone for posting !

Congratulations to your DD on Chichester , which from reading posts on here sounds Fab ! Is it top of her list ? Certainly sounds like a year out was a good plan ! My DD received confirmation of her offer at Urdang this week via UCAS so is also lucky to know she has somewhere definite :D ....it is also currently her top choice !. She still has Laine and a recall at LIPA to do but I feel we are coming to the end of the process now !

Will be hoping you and Battling peanut received positive letters from Bird v soon !

Xx
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

I started this thread way back in July last year. As it happens, my dd is recovering from Glandular Fever so has decided not to audition until next year .
Several classmates auditioned for LSC & Stella Mann this week and have received conditional offers for the degree courses. I didn’t realise that applicants usually got offers on the week of audition. I thought that there was usually recalls etc . Fingers crossed for A level results.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Littleone wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 am I completely agree re the Forum Kingswayqueen :D ...It has been so useful especially the 'auditioning for 2018 thread' which shows the 'whole journey' - I am so grateful to everyone for posting !

Congratulations to your DD on Chichester , which from reading posts on here sounds Fab ! Is it top of her list ? Certainly sounds like a year out was a good plan ! My DD received confirmation of her offer at Urdang this week via UCAS so is also lucky to know she has somewhere definite :D ....it is also currently her top choice !. She still has Laine and a recall at LIPA to do but I feel we are coming to the end of the process now !

Will be hoping you and Battling peanut received positive letters from Bird v soon !

Xx
I've asked my DD what her top choice would be, but she says she'll think about that when she knows what offers she has! I don't know much about Chichester, just that her A level music and drama teacher recommended it - tried to look on here but can't find that much about it. She knows her own mind (as she showed last year), so will just let her lead us to wherever she goes. Fabulous about Urdang, especially as that's her top choice! Such a relief to know that they'll be on the next step of their journey all being well. Does your DD have to get certain grades at school/college or has she got them already? x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:44 am
Littleone wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 am I completely agree re the Forum Kingswayqueen :D ...It has been so useful especially the 'auditioning for 2018 thread' which shows the 'whole journey' - I am so grateful to everyone for posting !

Xx
I've asked my DD what her top choice would be, but she says she'll think about that when she knows what offers she has! I don't know much about Chichester, just that her A level music and drama teacher recommended it - tried to look on here but can't find that much about it. She loved it there though and in a beautiful part of the country, only 5 hours away from home, eek! She knows her own mind (as she showed last year), so will just let her lead us to wherever she goes. Fabulous about Urdang, especially as that's her top choice! Such a relief to know that they'll be on the next step of their journey all being well. Does your DD have to get certain grades at school/college or has she got them already? x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Mammamia wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:26 am I didn’t realise that applicants usually got offers on the week of audition. I thought that there was usually recalls etc . Fingers crossed for A level results.
Quite a few colleges don't do recalls. I know when we were going through the process when visiting Bird they said they don't cut on the day and only have the one audition as travelling, accommodation and the costs associated with auditions are so high.

Good luck to all who are waiting and, although it may be half term, the staff are certainly still working at bird so you may hear soon
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi Mamma Mia - thanks so much for starting the thread :D ...I do hope your daughter is recovering well and will be back on top form in time for auditions later this year.

I agree Kingswayqueen - they do know their own minds :D and of course her place at Urdang isn't 'definite' until A level results day ! :o .... so now she needs to work for those grades !

Also as Munchpot says some colleges don't recall , others do ! They all seem to have different processes ! My DD has auditioned at Urdang, Northern Ballet, Bird, Performers and LIPA and is going to Laine this week - am happy to try and answer any questions re any of these colleges (based on our experiences obvs)

Xx