Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by riverdancefan »

DS has an offer of a 3 year place from Arts Ed, it’s been a nail biting week, he’s been all over the place emotionally but thank the Lord, th3 offer came Wednesday.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

riverdancefan wrote:DS has an offer of a 3 year place from Arts Ed, it’s been a nail biting week, he’s been all over the place emotionally but thank the Lord, th3 offer came Wednesday.
Fantastic news - well done, cant believe how quickly they offer places, the straight acting schools take until sometimes July the following yea,r to make offers. Celebrate tonight!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

riverdancefan wrote:DS has an offer of a 3 year place from Arts Ed, it’s been a nail biting week, he’s been all over the place emotionally but thank the Lord, th3 offer came Wednesday.
Fantastic news! \:D/ =D> Is this his favourite option? Well done T! Xxx
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Lmum wrote:Lakeviewp has your DS had any notification from GSA re change to audition format ? My DD had portal email to say slight change to schedule and will now finish an hour later than originally told so 3 1/2 hours now not 2 1/2. No other info as to why though. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Assume they’ve just added more applicants in so will take longer(?) Don’t know if it’s just her time slot at 12 or earlier slots too.
Hi LMum

He said that his still says 2 1/2 hours. Maybe, like you say, they have more to see at 12?
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Lakeviewp wrote:
Fantastic news! \:D/ =D> Is this his favourite option? Well done T! Xxx
He really loved the feel of it and he knows so many people there - definitely the favourite! Thank you x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Congrats to your DD =D> \:D/ . Great to see good news coming in so early in the audition process :D . Here’s hoping for many more success posts .
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Just jumping on to say a huge well done to RDF's DS from me and my DS! Never doubted he would be snapped up, but how nice to have the offer already. Is that it now for auditions or will he audition elsewhere just in case he discovers something even better? :D
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Fantastic news RDF, the first of many I am sure. I was in the phone to DD when he told them all - so lovely to hear how excited everyone was for him ! Xxx

Dd has had a degree offer for EDA :D and on the day after her Urdang audition got a phone call and a funded offer for the Diploma at Urdang - It’s been quite a week.........

Arts Ed on Tuesday and Mountview in December.
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

So amazing to hear such good news already. Congrats to all and fingers crossed for everyone else! My DD has been offered a place on the Btec Sixth Form course at Emil Dale. She loved the feel of the place and was so happy to have been offered. She has still got a few auditions booked though. It’s so difficult to know what to do for the best - to go straight for Diploma (subject to any offers of course!) or whether to do a Btec first (she’s currently 15). Keep questioning what’s right/wrong. Any advice??? Pros/cons?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Well done to everyone with the offers received already and good luck for all upcoming auditions

So good to see the positive stories, although it does bring back the memories of our journey last year which does bring out the odd cold sweat

Keep the news coming
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

That’s fantastic. Are you hoping for a DaDA funded diploma or Student loan for a degree?
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Battling Peanut - We are opting for a 6th form provision (also offered EDA with other auditions coming up) as DD is younger in her year (May birthday), want the option of a degree at 18 (financial and future-proofing - plus she's academic), is currently undergoing orthodontic treatment and wants that finished, feel there is no rush for MT(unlike ballet for example), gives her longer to discover whether singing is her strength rather than dancing (plus improving her acting) and gives her a chance to mature physically and mentally whilst gaining A level equivalents. I probably have more reasons - but those are just a few from our point of view! :)
Good luck to your DD in whatever she decides to do!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Livvyvicky wrote:Fantastic news RDF, the first of many I am sure. I was in the phone to DD when he told them all - so lovely to hear how excited everyone was for him ! Xxx

Dd has had a degree offer for EDA :D and on the day after her Urdang audition got a phone call and a funded offer for the Diploma at Urdang - It’s been quite a week.........

Arts Ed on Tuesday and Mountview in December.
That’s fantastic news Livvyvicky! Well done to your DD! Xxx
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Congratulations to your dis riverdancefan. My dc is there and loving every minute of it. Any questions please ask.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Thanks guys :D