Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Louisedunn »

Morning everyone, have been following thread with interest. My dd also auditioned for EDA. Has been a nervous week waiting, but we received the black ‘YES’ box this morning!! Hopefully more kids will receive good news today and Monday :D xx
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Louisedunn wrote:Morning everyone, have been following thread with interest. My dd also auditioned for EDA. Has been a nervous week waiting, but we received the black ‘YES’ box this morning!! Hopefully more kids will receive good news today and Monday :D xx
Congratulations! Lovely to start reading some yes’s already this year!! =D>
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

DD came home from a long day performing in London to a black box from EDA too! She's over the moon! Not even a week's wait! So excited about next year! Can't really believe it! A very happy household tonight! :)
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Ah, so lovely to hear of your dc’s successes! Congratulations and enjoy your celebrations.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

How lovely x congratulations xx
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Well done to your Dd’s it was the best decision we made when we accepted our offer year before last.

Good luck to the dc’s still waiting ......
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Thank you! Good luck to everyone waiting and also to those who are just starting to apply. There's a long journey ahead for all of our dcs but I'm sure it'll all be worth it :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

amo185 wrote:Thank you! Good luck to everyone waiting and also to those who are just starting to apply. There's a long journey ahead for all of our dcs but I'm sure it'll all be worth it :)
Well done everyone who has a place already. Certainly takes the pressure off :D
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Congrats to those with places already =D> . Anyone at GSA next week for MT ?
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Lmum wrote:Congrats to those with places already =D> . Anyone at GSA next week for MT ?
Hi Lmum,
My DS is at GSA on the 15th. :D
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Hi Lakeviewp my DD there on 15th too - first audition and think I’m definitely more stressed and nervous than she is ! Hope it goes well for your DS :D We are at 12.30 .
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Lmum wrote:Hi Lakeviewp my DD there on 15th too - first audition and think I’m definitely more stressed and nervous than she is ! Hope it goes well for your DS :D We are at 12.30 .
Good luck to your DD too! We are at 11am, so just before you. It will be his 3rd audition by then, and I'm definitely more nervous and stressed than him! Great to have this forum to share our feelings rather than feed them to our kids! His first audition was yesterday at Urdang. Candidate number 1 too! He really enjoyed it, so now it's the waiting game. It finished a lot earlier than we expected, so he had to get the train home on his own because we had anticipated a whole day in London and booked to see School of Rock in the afternoon! :lol:
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Lakeviewp wrote:
Good luck to your DD too! We are at 11am, so just before you. It will be his 3rd audition by then, and I'm definitely more nervous and stressed than him! Great to have this forum to share our feelings rather than feed them to our kids! His first audition was yesterday at Urdang. Candidate number 1 too! He really enjoyed it, so now it's the waiting game. It finished a lot earlier than we expected, so he had to get the train home on his own because we had anticipated a whole day in London and booked to see School of Rock in the afternoon! :lol:
I remember that day well. My DS texted me yesterday to say it was exactly a year since his first audition - Urdang. He finished early too then as it was their first day so only had half the number of auditionees than for later weeks. We had fixed time trains home so he had to go and watch football in a sports bar. Takes me back. What a lot happens in a year.

The GSA first audition seemed very short with just a single dance session (reasonably easy jazz said my DS) then singing your monologue in front of everyone else. His tips for anyone trying this year is to concentrate on the acting through song or dance to get noticed. Good luck all!
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Thanks Scarytimes that's useful to know :D A long long day for us from Yorkshire for a short audition but travelling the night before so well rested. GSA is in my DD's top 2 schools as really loved summer school there. Fingers crossed for everyone beginning the audition process!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Dd was at urdang on Sunday too, had a good time and really loved the feel of the place. That’s our second one done- Arts ed next week ......