Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by lotsolaffs »

Harry2003 I have been thinking this too,fingers crossed for you!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

After taking DS to Arts Ed sixth form day at weekend I feel for you all even more! Dreading our turn-he went a year early so we can get our heads round the audition process but at least being told there are about 300 kids auditing for 20 places made him realise he needs to look locally too. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing your journeys and taking all the tips I can before we make ours!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Ah thanks guys! Unfortunately, this time was a no. But that’s Ok - it is his first knock back in anything and he has to realise that it’s how you deal with the tough stuff that counts. As a back up, he will have a local college extended BTech in performing arts, he can continue with his fabulous drama and singing teachers. He also has 2 more auditions in the new year to see what path he will be taking. We were momentarily disappointed as we all hate set backs but we are also 100% sure everything works out for the best and we will look back and realise - for some reason, it wasn’t right for him at this time (who knows he may decide to try next year) xx

Good luck everyone, it is a tough time of juggling, realisations and last minute changes but we will all come out of it wiser and most definitely poorer!!!
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Harry2003 wrote:Ah thanks guys! Unfortunately, this time was a no. But that’s Ok - it is his first knock back in anything and he has to realise that it’s how you deal with the tough stuff that counts. As a back up, he will have a local college extended BTech in performing arts, he can continue with his fabulous drama and singing teachers. He also has 2 more auditions in the new year to see what path he will be taking. We were momentarily disappointed as we all hate set backs but we are also 100% sure everything works out for the best and we will look back and realise - for some reason, it wasn’t right for him at this time (who knows he may decide to try next year) xx

Good luck everyone, it is a tough time of juggling, realisations and last minute changes but we will all come out of it wiser and most definitely poorer!!!
I do believe everything for a reason. Something else will come along for him. Wishing him the best of luck for the remaining auditions. And thanks for letting us know. X
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Sorry to hear this.
The right place is waiting somewhere for him,he will have learnt something from the whole process x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sorry to hear this Harry2003. As others have said it will work out eventually and your child will find the perfect place x We have all been through that pain for your child so hang in there xx
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hello all,

I am a bit scared to ask this in case I am being an absolute doughnut. DD and I are trying to enter Urdang as a choice on the UCAS form and using the course code on the Urdang website (Course Code: WW5K) but it is coming up invalid course code.

Any ideas ........ bee kind :oops:
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

You need to answer with this codes:
Course Code: WW5K / Institution Code: A60 / Campus Code: U

That's what Urdang says anyway...

https://theurdang.london/full-time-cour ... auditions/

If it doesn't work, ring UCAS. They are very helpful. I had a similar problem with E15 and they corrected what the school has printed wrongly.

Good luck!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi,

Thank you - yes got all that info - going to have to phone on Monday - will let you know if its me!!
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Livvyvicky wrote:Hi,

Thank you - yes got all that info - going to have to phone on Monday - will let you know if its me!!
Have you tried swapping Institution code and course code? that was the mistake for E15...
You never know!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Thank you - A friend has phoned and there are problems that they are trying to sort :?
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Hi all, it’s been great reading and keeping up with this topic! Just wanted to ask some advice for Dd’s friend. Her mum is very unsure about her applying to do musical theatre at drama school and completely blanched when I told her it was £40-50 per audition, saying it was a ripoff! Obviously she wants the best for her daughter but she thinks that is uni (her daughter is very academic) and thinks wanting to do MT is a phase that she’ll pass! What do I say and can parents who have had kids audition give me info on the process to tell her, afraid I don’t much! Thank you!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

loladd33 wrote:Hi all, it’s been great reading and keeping up with this topic! Just wanted to ask some advice for Dd’s friend. Her mum is very unsure about her applying to do musical theatre at drama school and completely blanched when I told her it was £40-50 per audition, saying it was a ripoff! Obviously she wants the best for her daughter but she thinks that is uni (her daughter is very academic) and thinks wanting to do MT is a phase that she’ll pass! What do I say and can parents who have had kids audition give me info on the process to tell her, afraid I don’t much! Thank you!

Is this the same Mother you’ve mentioned before? Doesn’t seem like there’s much hope where she’s concerned if it is
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

With regards to the mum who isn't keen- you want us to take the time to write about our numerous audition experiences so you can inform her?
Just go through the numerous threads on here and tell her yourself or even better give her the details and she can join and look through herself!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

loladd33 wrote:Hi all, it’s been great reading and keeping up with this topic! Just wanted to ask some advice for Dd’s friend. Her mum is very unsure about her applying to do musical theatre at drama school and completely blanched when I told her it was £40-50 per audition, saying it was a ripoff! Obviously she wants the best for her daughter but she thinks that is uni (her daughter is very academic) and thinks wanting to do MT is a phase that she’ll pass! What do I say and can parents who have had kids audition give me info on the process to tell her, afraid I don’t much! Thank you!
Do you think she would accept a compromise and only apply for uni- based MT courses?