Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Nickinoo »

Anyone’s DC been at the London regional RCS audition today?

DD was recalled to the afternoon and waiting to hear if she has made it to the final round in Glasgow.

She got to the third round two years ago then last year again and was put on the reserve list but no place came up.

Has had a few problems with her voice recently so was waiting to see how this first audition went before firming dates for the others. She did a foundation at MV last year and got to the last round and was on the reserve list so she has an automatic recall to there in April.

Now sorting dates for GSA, Central and Arts Ed.! 4/5 recalls last year and 3 reserves! Hoping this will be her year!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Nickinoo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm Anyone’s DC been at the London regional RCS audition today?

DD was recalled to the afternoon and waiting to hear if she has made it to the final round in Glasgow.

She got to the third round two years ago then last year again and was put on the reserve list but no place came up.

Has had a few problems with her voice recently so was waiting to see how this first audition went before firming dates for the others. She did a foundation at MV last year and got to the last round and was on the reserve list so she has an automatic recall to there in April.

Now sorting dates for GSA, Central and Arts Ed.! 4/5 recalls last year and 3 reserves! Hoping this will be her year!
With you all the way Nickinoo. So close last year xxx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yes huge best wishes Nickinoo xxx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Nickinoo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 pm Anyone’s DC been at the London regional RCS audition today?

Fingers crossed - This year will be her year!
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

Absolutely. She's done amazingly well to get so close so often - an amazing achievement already whatever happens. =D> =D>
DS is looking at the MT quadruple threat and I'm glad to hear there are regional auditions. What was the process like?

All the best of luck to your dd with her other choices, I'm sure she'll be fine! x :D
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Dodger'smum wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 pm Absolutely. She's done amazingly well to get so close so often - an amazing achievement already whatever happens. =D> =D>
DS is looking at the MT quadruple threat and I'm glad to hear there are regional auditions. What was the process like?

All the best of luck to your dd with her other choices, I'm sure she'll be fine! x :D
She had to do a dance call, legit, contemporary song and Shakespeare in the morning. Recalls were posted about 1:30 and then she was asked to do her Shakespeare again, the contemporary speech and the contemporary MT song. She had her guitar with her but wasn’t asked to play( she was in the recall for the last two years.)

She said there were about 55 in the morning and 15 were recalled which she said was a lot compared to the previous years where only 5 or so were. Perhaps she was just in a strong group yesterday?

I know the final round is a full day workshop where they have to do various songs and speeches again, play a piece on their instrument and also have to devise a performance of some sort- think there are also other things they have to devise on the day from the prices they have prepared. a very full on process but she really enjoys the RCS auditions.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Nickinoo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:21 pm
Dodger'smum wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 pm Absolutely. She's done amazingly well to get so close so often - an amazing achievement already whatever happens. =D> =D>

She had to do a dance call, legit, contemporary song and Shakespeare in the morning. Recalls were posted about 1:30 and then she was asked to do her Shakespeare again, the contemporary speech and the contemporary MT song. She had her guitar with her but wasn’t asked to play( she was in the recall for the last two years.)

She said there were about 55 in the morning and 15 were recalled which she said was a lot compared to the previous years where only 5 or so were. Perhaps she was just in a strong group yesterday?

I know the final round is a full day workshop where they have to do various songs and speeches again, play a piece on their instrument and also have to devise a performance of some sort- think there are also other things they have to devise on the day from the prices they have prepared. a very full on process but she really enjoys the RCS auditions.
Hi Nickinoo,
As the parent of a DS who was recalled to finals and on reserve and shortlists for straight acting schools for 4 years until finally securing a place, all I can say is, just keep going! her time will come. Keep her focused and working hard. My DS also had final rounds and then didn't make it past the first round the following year, its a shocker! but it does certainly teach resilience and how to deal with rejection. Also makes it so much worthwhile in the end. Everything crossed for you, drink wine!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

All the best nickinoo. Fingers crossed. All those tough auditions and close calls will be masterclasses in resilience which is something they need. X
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Robin64 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 am
Lmum wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:29 pm Have a bit of a dilemma going on and wondered if anyone had any advice or been in a similar situation?
DD has decided to do Foundation this year as wants to reapply for BA at her preferred schools again next year. She got a Foundation recall audition from MV after her BA audition but we haven’t as yet had the date for this. She would jump at the chance of a year at MV if lucky enough to be offered it. In the meantime she has an offer of triple threat Foundation year at a much smaller school outside of London who have given 4 weeks to accept or decline the place ( 2 weeks of which have gone ) . Our idea was to accept the place as the acceptance deadline will be before MV audition and then if offered MV at a later date we would lose the deposit and give back word on the place at the smaller school. However , the acceptance form says that once she signs to confirms her place it forms a legally binding contract and if subsequently she drops out then all fees will be due! Really don’t know what to do as not sure want to tell the school that they are her second choice but don’t want her to miss out on a chance at MV foundation or end up with nothing ! Help needed!
I think that type of behaviour forcing people into making decisions before they have all their options is really unfair. I agree, call them to see if they will extend the deadline til after the MV audition. Does your DD have any other auditions? If she would be happy to do a foundation ( my DD did one and found it excellent) maybe you could see if there are any more available to try for at other colleges ) to be honest a college forcing you to pay fees for a course your DD doesn't do would put me off choosing that place.
Unfortunately there are many performing arts colleges doing this, another thing to be aware of is if your child gets ill and has to leave the college, some of them immediately take the funding away for the time your child attended and send you a bill for the difference. This happened to us due to illness and it took us nearly two years to pay the money to the college. We much prefer university with student finance as you cannot get into this situation.
Casson
Nominee

Post by Casson »

Hi all...my daughter auditioned for year 10 Performance Foundation at Tring Park and has just heard today that she is on the waiting list. They "very much hope" to be able to offer a place but due to pupil numbers etc...apparently they will let us know by end of march. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this generally a NO? A very disheartened 14 year old awaits !
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Everything crossed for G this year nickinoo xxx
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Thanks Sherbert!
Just found out DD has been recalled to the final round at RCS!
Third time lucky!!!!
Now have to get her flight and hotel booked.
Keep everything crossed folks!
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Nickinoo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:36 pm Thanks Sherbert!
Third time lucky!!!!
all crossed!!! good girl ;-)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Third time lucky!!!!
Brilliant news. Go for it!!!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Third time lucky!!!!
Fingers crossed for her xx
This is her year ;) xx