Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hello everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone has DC currently training who struggle with nerves when it comes to singing? My DD has had more of a dance background so singing is relatively new for her, she can hold a tune but is just so nervous to sing in front of people which is obviously stressing her out if she gets off Bird reserve. She’s had experience singing in class in front of students but her nerves sometimes get the better of her....will this come with time? Are bird supportive of things like this? Thank you x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 pm Hello everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone has DC currently training who struggle with nerves when it comes to singing? My DD has had more of a dance background so singing is relatively new for her, she can hold a tune but is just so nervous to sing in front of people which is obviously stressing her out if she gets off Bird reserve. She’s had experience singing in class in front of students but her nerves sometimes get the better of her....will this come with time? Are bird supportive of things like this? Thank you x
Hi Tiptaptoe

Fingers crossed for your DD getting a place from the reserve list. My DD can sing, but wasn't confident singing in front of people. She did the foundation at Bird and is just finishing her first year on the degree course. Now we can't stop her singing all the time. She found Bird very supportive and nurturing and her individual singing tutors have really built her confidence.

Hope that helps
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 pm Hello everyone,
My DD in 2nd year at Bird. Singing is her strongest and Ballet her weakest. There are amazing dancers that have burst into tears having to sing in front of others. They all have their own strengths so tell her not to worry at all. My DD also confirmed everyone is very supportive Teachers and students.
Teachers just need to know you are doing your best, not that you are the best in a lesson.
proudmumof-2
Nominee

Post by proudmumof-2 »

Hi all, I heard of a girl offered a funded place from the reserve list at Bird yesterday so I would imagine there will be abit of movement this week. My Daughter had to accept her funded place by yesterday at the latest after receiving the Dada paperwork last week. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting
Esiotrot
Nominee

Post by Esiotrot »

For those who have been offered more than one DADA, can I ask when you have to make a final decision? Is there a cut off date where you have to accept by? Is it the same for all colleges? DD on reserve so wondering when we might start to get movement? X
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Esiotrot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:43 pm For those who have been offered more than one DADA, can I ask when you have to make a final decision? Is there a cut off date where you have to accept by? Is it the same for all colleges? DD on reserve so wondering when we might start to get movement? X
HI dd received a dada from Bodyworks and Bird last year, I was worried as I didn't think it was possible and was unsure what to do. We were told that as soon as a 2nd dada is offered, that this will flag up on a system after approx 1 month, indicating your holding 2 offers, at which point the colleges contact you to make a decision, Not sure if this helps. x
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if there’s been any movement at all with the Bird reserve?
Esiotrot
Nominee

Post by Esiotrot »

Newbe2018 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 pm
Esiotrot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:43 pm For those who have been offered more than one DADA, can I ask when you have to make a final decision? Is there a cut off date where you have to accept by? Is it the same for all colleges? DD on reserve so wondering when we might start to get movement? X
HI dd received a dada from Bodyworks and Bird last year, I was worried as I didn't think it was possible and was unsure what to do. We were told that as soon as a 2nd dada is offered, that this will flag up on a system after approx 1 month, indicating your holding 2 offers, at which point the colleges contact you to make a decision, Not sure if this helps. x
Thank you. The waiting and not knowing where DD is going is hard. But it sounds like there could be some movement any day now then as offers went out a while back. Xxx
proudmumof-2
Nominee

Post by proudmumof-2 »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if there’s been any movement at all with the Bird reserve?
Hi there definately is movement this week as I have heard of 3 being offered places from reserve list so it maybe worth ringing them to see where they are on the list.
Fingers crossed for you
Blackberry
Nominee

Post by Blackberry »

It’s good to hear there is some movement expected on the reserve list. I rang last Friday and was told not to expect any movement until after the end of July as that is the date that students have to have confirmed by.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Hi there, are the recent offers for Diploma? I was told very little movement on Degree reserve just yet x
proudmumof-2
Nominee

Post by proudmumof-2 »

Soclose wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 am Hi there, are the recent offers for Diploma? I was told very little movement on Degree reserve just yet x
They were for Diploma, hopefully you'll not be waiting too much longer for Degree movement xx
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

proudmumof-2 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:13 pm
Soclose wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 am Hi there, are the recent offers for Diploma? I was told very little movement on Degree reserve just yet x
They were for Diploma, hopefully you'll not be waiting too much longer for Degree movement xx
Ah I thought so.... hopefully not. Thanks for that x
mumofshowgirl
Nominee

Post by mumofshowgirl »

There is movement at the moment for Italia Conti if anyone is waiting. My dd just got offered a place on the diploma, which she won’t accept. Good luck everyone :)
Disco_Dad
Nominee

Post by Disco_Dad »

Hi all, I'm new to this site and have been reading the comments with great interest. I'm also spent some time working out who DS and/or DD was 😂😂 I think I've concluded its dance daughter/dance son but I'm still not 💯🤷‍♂️😂.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my DD's position and what I've heard so far. We have been offered varying options at different colleges which include foundation years and diplomas but up to now we are waiting on degree offers (The notorious Bird waiting list).

My DD has declined all offers other than the one she intends to go to apart from also being on the Bird degree waiting list. The reason for this is that from a funding perspective she/we really need a degree for the funding as a diploma is not really an option for us but the other offer she is holding onto has fee assistance.

Having spoken to Bird it is clear that there is a substantial waiting list and the degree movement is minimal 😬😪, it also seems that they do not expect it to move as far down as it previously has done which is a shame, apparently where my daughter is on the list she would have been offered a place in the previous 3 years but this year they dont seem to think it will.

What I have picked up is that there are still a lot of auditionees that are holding multiple offer options and neither accepting or rejecting which is also holding all of the colleges up as they arent sure themselves whether these kids are coming to them or not.

Wishing everyone lots of luck and speedy decisions 🍀