Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

becmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by becmum »

lyndahill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm I think you should all email the colleges to ask where your DC's are on the funding/reserve list. My DD was waiting on funding from Performers as she was at top of list, emailed a couple of weekends ago and she got a call on the following Monday offering her a Dada. I think some times the office is so busy that they forget that people are still waiting to hear if they even have a place let alone funding. Good luck everyone.
Congratulations to your daughter!! Hope she enjoys Performers 👍
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Congratulations on Performers lyndahill, great to hear. My dd has a couple of spare rooms going by Bird, we have someone interested, if it falls through will pm you kingswayqueen x
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Hello all, my DD is currently on Bird reserve for BA and got told she is in the higher part of the list. However we are so worried and stressed at the moment because her friend is in the middle and got told by Bird that there is a slim chance they’ll get to her score this year as there’s 0 movement compared to last year :shock: Even my DD who is in the higher part got told she may not get off it until late August early September this year as it’s not moving. They’re asking anyone who has multiple places to consider choosing a second option and give up Bird as it’s been in such high demand this year. Stressed!! :-k
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 am Hello all, my DD is currently on Bird reserve for BA and got told she is in the higher part of the list. However we are so worried and stressed at the moment because her friend is in the middle and got told by Bird that there is a slim chance they’ll get to her score this year as there’s 0 movement compared to last year :shock: Even my DD who is in the higher part got told she may not get off it until late August early September this year as it’s not moving. They’re asking anyone who has multiple places to consider choosing a second option and give up Bird as it’s been in such high demand this year. Stressed!! :-k
Oh heck, that’ sounds a bit different to what they said to my daughter, she’s happy either way but would be good to know a definite yes or no so she can sort out her accommodation.
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Have Bird told you different information then? I’m just worried how long we may have to wait & cant sort anything out!
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:55 am
Tiptaptoe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 am Hello all, my DD is currently on Bird reserve for BA and got told she is in the higher part of the list. However we are so worried and stressed at the moment because her friend is in the middle and got told by Bird that there is a slim chance they’ll get to her score this year as there’s 0 movement compared to last year :shock: Even my DD who is in the higher part got told she may not get off it until late August early September this year as it’s not moving. They’re asking anyone who has multiple places to consider choosing a second option and give up Bird as it’s been in such high demand this year. Stressed!! :-k
Oh heck, that’ sounds a bit different to what they said to my daughter, she’s happy either way but would be good to know a definite yes or no so she can sort out her accommodation.
Have Bird told you different information then? I’m just worried at how long we may be waiting I don’t want this all to be last minute finding accommodation!
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

Perhaps people are holding onto multiple places as they are waiting for their exam results? I'm not sure if they will make a difference to students offers. If this is the case, hopefully those on reserve lists will definitely get a place after results day.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Bird College reserve list is definitely moving! One of dd's MT friends heard at the end of last week she has a place (and is therefore turning down her Performers offer) and another one heard this morning so is turning down her Italia Conti offer. Third MT friend hasn't heard anything yet from Bird but is now very hopeful. Nail biting times - but hang on in there! So many have multiple offers - it all seems to work out in the end.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

amo185 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 pm Bird College reserve list is definitely moving! One of dd's MT friends heard at the end of last week she has a place (and is therefore turning down her Performers offer) and another one heard this morning so is turning down her Italia Conti offer. Third MT friend hasn't heard anything yet from Bird but is now very hopeful. Nail biting times - but hang on in there! So many have multiple offers - it all seems to work out in the end.
Thanks for the update, is this for diploma or degree if you don’t mind me asking?
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Tiptaptoe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 pm Have Bird told you different information then? I’m just worried how long we may have to wait & cant sort anything out!
She was told nothing would happen over next few weeks, and that she’d probably hear end of July/beginning of August. They did ask if she had a back-up and when she said yes they said that’s good. Maybe they mean for her to ring again end of July for an update, maybe she’s interpreted it differently! Going to ring again in a couple of weeks and see if any movement at all. x
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

DD's friends have both been offered degree at Bird (one had degree offer also from Performers and the other Diploma offer from Italia Conti). Neither could have accepted Diploma due to finances. Both were contacted to check they wanted to remain on the Reserve List - that was a couple of weeks' ago. Good luck to everyone waiting on a firm offer.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

amo185 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:08 pm DD's friends have both been offered degree at Bird (one had degree offer also from Performers and the other Diploma offer from Italia Conti). Neither could have accepted Diploma due to finances. Both were contacted to check they wanted to remain on the Reserve List - that was a couple of weeks' ago. Good luck to everyone waiting on a firm offer.
Thankyou! Yes we were contacted a couple of weeks ago asking if we wanted to stay on reserve funding list for diploma and sent back finance forms, had call today saying not much movement at the moment and should call them in two weeks to see if any changes. Advised still very early stages of the process....doesn’t feel early stages feels like it’s been the longest few months....DD apparently middle of list...not convinced it’s going to be good news though 🤦‍♀️🤞
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Those waiting for Bird, dont give up hope. My dds friend was offered a place 2 years ago, 3 weeks before the start of term. This year someone was offered a place 2 days before the start of term. My dd is just finishing her 1st year and loves it there.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

smallbythesea wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:05 pm Those waiting for Bird, dont give up hope. My dds friend was offered a place 2 years ago, 3 weeks before the start of term. This year someone was offered a place 2 days before the start of term. My dd is just finishing her 1st year and loves it there.
Our problem is IF she's offered a place last minute, then she will have already signed up to a 12 month tenancy agreement for her other university place, which will be non-refundable if she can't find someone to take it over from her. We'll leave it as long as we can until we commit, but if a place DOES come up last minute, we'll all have to decide whether she wants to take up the offer and lose a year's rent payments. My head hurts! :-k ](*,) :D
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

I feel your pain there! So hard to know whether to take a gamble or not.... we too have been told this year is moving very slow x