Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Lakeviewp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:55 am

We're still waiting too! We're waiting for the Laine funding list to move.

I agree, it's been so quiet on here. Just hoping to hear good news from everyone and that the lists are moving!

Sending virtual hugs to everyone waiting [-o<

Px

becmum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by becmum » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:00 am

Lakeviewp wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:55 am
We're still waiting too! We're waiting for the Laine funding list to move.

I agree, it's been so quiet on here. Just hoping to hear good news from everyone and that the lists are moving!

Sending virtual hugs to everyone waiting [-o<

Px
Good luck with your wait for Laine! Glad to know we’re all in the same boat 🤞

becmum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by becmum » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 am

Soclose wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 am
becmum wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 am
It’s such a long drawn out process! Just feel up in the air not being able to organise my dds next step...but seems to be part of the process so just got to keep waiting for news...
Becmum, have sent you a pm x
Try sending again not got a message 🤔

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am

Update on Bird, if you send an email to them and give them a contact number and ask whereabouts on the list you are, they will give you a call back. My DD is in the middle!😵 The waiting continues...
Last edited by Kingswayqueen on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Munchpot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am

Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am
Soclose wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 am
It’s all so quiet on here now. Is there anybody there still waiting for news? Still waiting for Bird news here.
Yep still waiting on Bird, keep checking back on here to see if anyone’s heard anything! Hoping we’ll find out this week whereabouts on the reserve she is 😅
Thinking of you all - this was us last year - it's a killer, especially for those who had early auditions. Try to stay strong

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am

Munchpot wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am
Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am
Soclose wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 am
It’s all so quiet on here now. Is there anybody there still waiting for news? Still waiting for Bird news here.
Yep still waiting on Bird, keep checking back on here to see if anyone’s heard anything! Hoping we’ll find out this week whereabouts on the reserve she is 😅
Thinking of you all - this was us last year - it's a killer, especially for those who had early auditions. Try to stay strong
When did you find out you had a place, and did you manage to find accommodation ok? 😅

becmum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by becmum » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 am

Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am
Update on Bird, if you send an email to them and give them a contact number and ask whereabouts on the list you are, they will give you a call back. My DD is in the middle!😵 The waiting continues...
I emailed yesterday but not heard anything yet? Hopefully might get one today xx

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 am

becmum wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 am
Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am
Update on Bird, if you send an email to them and give them a contact number and ask whereabouts on the list you are, they will give you a call back. My DD is in the middle!😵 The waiting continues...
I emailed yesterday but not heard anything yet? Hopefully might get one today xx
Did you give a phone number? DD has to email back with a number for them to ring x

icantdance
BRIT Award
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by icantdance » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 am

I'm guessing that Bird will be sending out funding offers soon. It doesn't sound like they've send a lot of them out yet. The waiting must be really tough for you all, and I hope you hear something soon. Following previous years' threads they are quite late this year. I think last year's Bird "around the middle" had a call on 4th August. Stay strong!!! xx

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Scarytimes » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

Soclose wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 am
It’s all so quiet on here now. Is there anybody there still waiting for news? Still waiting for Bird news here.
I was thinking the same. It seemed to stay busy last year, but there were loads waiting then - see my thread last year saying where they were all going!

Thinking of you all. Time seems to go a lot slower if there are no updates. Keep going everyone xxx

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Munchpot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am


When did you find out you had a place, and did you manage to find accommodation ok? 😅
My DD was on the Foundation at Bird and found out about the second week of June. We were very lucky with accommodation as we live just around the corner from Bird :)

The accommodation list usually goes out around the start of July

Mumof3girls
BRIT Award
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Mumof3girls » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am
Munchpot wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am
Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am


Yep still waiting on Bird, keep checking back on here to see if anyone’s heard anything! Hoping we’ll find out this week whereabouts on the reserve she is 😅
Thinking of you all - this was us last year - it's a killer, especially for those who had early auditions. Try to stay strong
When did you find out you had a place, and did you manage to find accommodation ok? 😅
We found out on 23 rd June two years ago , my dd was on top quarter of list if any help ! It is very slow this year as her friend is also on the waiting list she did foundation ! We looked at properties around mid July still a fair few going then . May daughter may have a spare room if her friend doesn’t get in so will let you know . They will get added to the fab group once an offer has been made , where loads of people advertise rooms etc x

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Mumof3girls wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 pm
Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am
Munchpot wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am


Thinking of you all - this was us last year - it's a killer, especially for those who had early auditions. Try to stay strong
When did you find out you had a place, and did you manage to find accommodation ok? 😅
We found out on 23 rd June two years ago , my dd was on top quarter of list if any help ! It is very slow this year as her friend is also on the waiting list she did foundation ! We looked at properties around mid July still a fair few going then . May daughter may have a spare room if her friend doesn’t get in so will let you know . They will get added to the fab group once an offer has been made , where loads of people advertise rooms etc x
That's good to know thank you! This group is so good for us parents, certainly helps calm all the worries. x

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Mumof3girls wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 pm
Kingswayqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am


When did you find out you had a place, and did you manage to find accommodation ok? 😅
We found out on 23 rd June two years ago , my dd was on top quarter of list if any help ! It is very slow this year as her friend is also on the waiting list she did foundation ! We looked at properties around mid July still a fair few going then . May daughter may have a spare room if her friend doesn’t get in so will let you know . They will get added to the fab group once an offer has been made , where loads of people advertise rooms etc x
That's good to know thank you! This group is so good for us parents, certainly helps calm all the worries. x
Also, I do hope your DD's friend gets in! But keep us in mind if not, and thanks for the advice about the group they get added to re spare rooms. I remember reading somewhere on here that if they do get a place late on, then finding accommodation is even worse than waiting to hear if they've got onto the course!xxx :shock: :D

lyndahill
BAFTA Award
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by lyndahill » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I think you should all email the colleges to ask where your DC's are on the funding/reserve list. My DD was waiting on funding from Performers as she was at top of list, emailed a couple of weekends ago and she got a call on the following Monday offering her a Dada. I think some times the office is so busy that they forget that people are still waiting to hear if they even have a place let alone funding. Good luck everyone.

Post Reply