Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Looks like the Performers College accommodation list is rolling out, DD knows some students who have received it today but some didn’t (we didn’t), some students are telling her already that most have gone, am hoping this isn’t the case as now have a stressed out daughter #-o
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

afab wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 pm DD finished her round of 8 auditions yesterday with East15! Phew! It's been a long year!
She's actually not waiting for their answer and decided to go for the offer she has from Rose Bruford because she really liked the school. It does feel good to finally have a decision and to be able to start organising!

Good luck to all the ones still waiting for answers! 🤞🤞 And thank you for all the support! :D :D
Congratulations!! 👍🤗
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm Looks like the Performers College accommodation list is rolling out, DD knows some students who have received it today but some didn’t (we didn’t), some students are telling her already that most have gone, am hoping this isn’t the case as now have a stressed out daughter #-o
Son's came today and he has called all of them and they are either already gone (most to existing students - 2nd/3rd year), will only take girls or the landlords aren't answering. Now have a panicked and stressed out son. :(
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Phoenix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm Looks like the Performers College accommodation list is rolling out, DD knows some students who have received it today but some didn’t (we didn’t), some students are telling her already that most have gone, am hoping this isn’t the case as now have a stressed out daughter #-o
Son's came today and he has called all of them and they are either already gone (most to existing students - 2nd/3rd year), will only take girls or the landlords aren't answering. Now have a panicked and stressed out son. :(
Same with my daughter, we haven’t even rung any as we don’t have the list yet! Someone did say they had rung the secretary (presume this is at Performers) and she said a lot more might come available July time when the Y3’s leave but you would’ve thought the whole point of sending the list out was that the landlords would know the Y3’s we’re leaving and so they’re rooms would be available? All very confusing, was hoping the list coming out would relieve some stress, not make more!

Any previous Performers parents out there that can advise what happened with their DC?
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 pm
Phoenix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Same with my daughter, we haven’t even rung any as we don’t have the list yet! Someone did say they had rung the secretary (presume this is at Performers) and she said a lot more might come available July time when the Y3’s leave but you would’ve thought the whole point of sending the list out was that the landlords would know the Y3’s we’re leaving and so they’re rooms would be available? All very confusing, was hoping the list coming out would relieve some stress, not make more!

Any previous Performers parents out there that can advise what happened with their DC?
Yes I did say that to my son. I don't understand how their accommodation list has properties that are now being booked out by current students. You would think that it would be for first years only. Any advice from previous parents greatly appreciated.

Your daughter may be luckier as a lot of them say girls only.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Phoenix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm
Yes I did say that to my son. I don't understand how their accommodation list has properties that are now being booked out by current students. You would think that it would be for first years only. Any advice from previous parents greatly appreciated.

I did say that a lot of people don’t even know yet if they’re going to Performers so they can’t all have gone already!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Hello!

Our update is that our DS is #3 on the Boys' reserve list for Laine funding. Having trawled through the previous year threads we are hopeful that he will make it to the top of the list, but know that we might have a long wait! (And also that it might not happen :cry: )

Do any of you have DSs at Laine who can say which number they got to in previous years?

Is anyone else heading for Laine, or on the reserve list and hoping to go?

Congrats to everyone so far with offers!

xx
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Lakeviewp wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:05 am Hello!

Our update is that our DS is #3 on the Boys' reserve list for Laine funding. Having trawled through the previous year threads we are hopeful that he will make it to the top of the list, but know that we might have a long wait! (And also that it might not happen :cry: )

Do any of you have DSs at Laine who can say which number they got to in previous years?

Is anyone else heading for Laine, or on the reserve list and hoping to go?

Congrats to everyone so far with offers!

xx
Big congratulations to your DS, that’s an amazing achievement, my DD is starting in September having just completed Foundatuon there. She loves it. Will pm you.
Rince
Nominee

Post by Rince »

Hi DD is also on reserve dada list for Laine😱 we are wondering the same. How long does the clearing process last?
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Rince wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 pm Hi DD is also on reserve dada list for Laine😱 we are wondering the same. How long does the clearing process last?
I believe it depends on the year-sorry that doesn’t help does it? It seems to depend where they are on the list but I believe last year a lot on reserve were successful. Movement is happening at Performers and with ucas closing soon there will be at Bird too, so hopefully you’ll hear soon, good luck and fingers crossed.
Rince
Nominee

Post by Rince »

MTlover123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Rince wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 pm Hi DD is also on reserve dada list for Laine😱 we are wondering the same. How long does the clearing process last?
I believe it depends on the year-sorry that doesn’t help does it? It seems to depend where they are on the list but I believe last year a lot on reserve were successful. Movement is happening at Performers and with ucas closing soon there will be at Bird too, so hopefully you’ll hear soon, good luck and fingers crossed.

Thanks..it seems we are on a never ending stress roundabout!!!
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Rince wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm
MTlover123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks..it seems we are on a never ending stress roundabout!!!

I’ve just checked ucas and all decisions need to be made by 20th June for those who have offers late so hopefully there will be movement then if not before. It’s a horrible process but fingers crossed will work out for your DC.
Rince
Nominee

Post by Rince »

Thanks again, i am totally new to how it all works and just when i think ive grasped it, there is another twist!! This may sound like a silly question but do the reserve lists for boys and girls mean that if a boy gives up his funding, it is then offered to no.1 on the boys reserve or could It go to a girl on reserve? #-o so if one is on the girls reserve list, is one waiting for girls to decline their offers?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Rince wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 pm Thanks again, i am totally new to how it all works and just when i think ive grasped it, there is another twist!! This may sound like a silly question but do the reserve lists for boys and girls mean that if a boy gives up his funding, it is then offered to no.1 on the boys reserve or could It go to a girl on reserve? #-o so if one is on the girls reserve list, is one waiting for girls to decline their offers?
From what I understand the gender of the applicant shouldn’t make any difference. According to the funding rules the awards should be given to those ‘most likely to succeed’ so it should go to the next highest scoring candidate.
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:16 pm
Phoenix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm

I did say that a lot of people don’t even know yet if they’re going to Performers so they can’t all have gone already!
Hope you have found something for your daughter. We managed to get somewhere yesterday for my son. It's with a lovely landlady. Not what he initially wanted as he was planning on independent living but we couldn't find anything and we both felt far better to secure somewhere now rather than chance it and wait. Good luck to everyone with places, funding and finding accommodation. I think I can finally relax a bit now! \:D/